It's been a long time (several years) since I've actively developed OpenRPG. Through the years many other developers have taken up the torch and improved OpenRPG.
Tyler Starke's Traipse Tyler Starke has contributed a new development fork to the OpenRPG Project under the name Traipse. Inside the Traipse fork, OpenRPG has become a core technology, a set of features that are removed from any particular user interface. The development of Traipse is active and is moving towards a new milestone which will change the entire face of OpenRPG.
Back then I had just released a new Darwin’s World adventure and it was also the time of many personal changes, many of which have prevented me from doing much on the game front. First, I left my full time job and became a freelancer. It’s been a big success for me, but I took on a lot of projects over the last 3 years, so time for games has been short. Also, I had another kid, my fourth, so there’s that.
Despite my lack of time, the site has remained in operation and people continue to buy games and use the web apps I developed years ago. I’m really surprised how active it remains despite that I haven’t released any new books or added new features in nearly three years. Thanks everyone!
Now that I’m firmly back into self employment mode, I’m hoping to get back to games. But I also need to change this site to reflect my current life. RPGObjects is not just my publishing name, it’s also my business name, as well as the identity of most of my online activities (github, g+, etc...). So my immediate goal is to clean up this site and have a place for everything that matters. While I hope to post new blogs about gaming or some new book I’m editing, I also want somewhere to post about android development or an upcoming event I’m speaking at (like Devfest MN).
I have some goals I hope to achieve in 2016 both in publishing as well as for this site, but I’ll leave that for another post.
In the meantime, just a reminder, I still exist.
It's not ideal. When I saw it works, I don't mean it's flawless. But it's usable. Which is important to me since I spend a good deal of time these days on my phone and tablet.
Anyhow, I've been trying my best to clear my plate the last year so I can do more blogging and work on other projects. Getting this site working on mobile was one of those steps. Except a total resigned sometime in the not to distant future.
Gencon approaches and I want to continue with my gencon blogs I started last year. This is year 21 for me!
If you find something not working on the website due to these changes, please let me know asap (webmaster at rpgobjects.com).
If you export a map during the month of December you were given a free map export today. Remember the free exports don't carry over so use it or lose it. :)