View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:46 am

1.8.1 Bug Report: /Sound 

Post 1.8.1 Bug Report: /Sound
/Sound was working perfectly in 1.8.0; after updating to 1.8.1, all I ever get is an "Invalid Sound File!" message.

(This is the first true problem I've had with 1.8.1, and have been playing around with the rest of it rather excitedly over the past month or so. I'm absolutely in love with the mini integration, "local variables", logic in grids, the Bonuses plugin, and similar.)

The old Assembla space for bug report tags doesn't seem to be checked, and I don't know where else to post this, so I'm wondering if there's a workaround (apart from trying to set up VLC to act as a streaming audio player; I can't quite figure out how to do that for multiple listeners over the internet...).

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:18 am

Post Re: 1.8.1 Bug Report: /Sound
No idea Tempest. You will have to wait and see if Dj or David respond. The only thing I give you is the glimmer of hope that I have been able to get sound files working in the next milestone of Traipse with PyQt. But it's not ready and Alpha is expected end of summer.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: 1.8.1 Bug Report: /Sound
Thanks for the response, Prof. I'll see what I can come up with here. I know VLC's able to work as a broadcaster, but I can't for the life of me remember how, and the documentation is... less than helpful.

(Our group's been using OpenRPG for years, but only recently got back together. The main reason we didn't pick Traipse when we restarted was due to 1.8.1's mini/chat/node integration and the use of the bonuses and effects plugin (as a node designer, I'm also in love with the autocalculation and basic logic in the grids). Similar things appear to be in the works for Traipse's Necromancer build, from the looks of it. I'll be keeping up with Traipse releases nonetheless and see if the group wants to migrate as milestones progress. I haven't discussed premium options with them yet.)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm