View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
 Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone? 

Post Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone?
Why don't some of us make a Conan game using the awesome super rules-lite Barbarians of Lemuria rules? BoL is rules-lite and SCREAMS Conan. It has great reviews all over the net and I can give each of you a PDF copy if interested.

Anyone interested in playing in Robert E. Howard's sword & sorcery world?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:56 am

Post Re: Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone?
Yes, please! Obviously we will be using OpenRPG, I guess, any other programs you want to use? IMs or voice?

Oh, and please, no filesharing sites. Where can I get a copy myself?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:53 pm

“In this world men struggle and suffer vainly, finding pleasure only in the bright madness of battle …
Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my
palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame
and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions
of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being
thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.”

i am sooo ready
dave

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Is this what we're talking about? http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=58815

If so, is that a reputable website?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:38 pm

uglyamerican wrote:
Is this what we're talking about? http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=58815

If so, is that a reputable website?

yes it is
and its a great website for buying .pdf rpgs
and well worth 7.50
i am a bif fan of all of simon washbournes work

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 pm

That website is indeed the real deal. Also, I can legally give you a free PDF copy of the rules because there is a free version available for download on the net by the author. The paid copy you see listed at places like RPGnow and Drive-Thru RPG is the newer Legendary Edition and it has been cleaned up somewhat rules-wise and changes were made to the way the Priest profession plays. I can also provide each player with cheat sheets to aid them with the rules.

As for software, the game will be using OpenRPG for text chat, rolling dice (which we all can see the results of), loading maps and minis, etc. In addition, I plan to use Skype so those of us that wish to be able to communicate via voice to ask questions, etc. may do so.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Crom! I'm a huge REH fan and I actually GMed Conan:AE from Mongoose for a good while, so I'm open to trying this.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile YIM

Great, I can't wait. About the free PDF, I'll accept that then. But please, still no filesharing sites. It takes a while, but please send me the PDF over Skype if you can.

On Skype I'm: the.ugly.american

that's with the punctuation marks and all. You may also contact me at my e-mail: Spartanwarmaster@cox.net

My time is very flexible. I cannot play on Wednesday evenings, though.

Maybe I'll play an fat thief. I liked that character from the Elephant Tower, too bad he had to die!

Speaking of which, what's the mortality chances in BoL? Is it CoC high?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm available Mon/Wed or Sundays after 7:30 pm est.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm
Profile YIM

I'd love to get in on this.
I'm a Conan fan from way back.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next