View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Deathwatch Space Marine Recruitment 

Post Re: Deathwatch Space Marine Recruitment
Anyone want the Librarian Spot?

If not, I'll take it.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 pm

I called Librarian previously. See my response above.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:25 am
Profile YIM

Now will we need the rouge trader and dark heresy books cuz i only have the deathwatch book and 2 dark heresy books.

And whos going to be team leader.

Oh and this might or might not come in handy.

http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 am

Leadership of Deathwatch squads changes per mission, as do the oaths they take etc.

Im considering either Ultramarine (or one of there successor chapters) Tactical Marine with high fellowship,

OR

A Tech-Marine if we are going to be lacking on.

As well, if we are neglecting the area of a Devastator Marine, but have a Tech-Marine already, I could cover that.

I've run a lot of Deathwatch, so Im fairly familiar with the game.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:55 am

Well if my request goes through to use my chapter he shall fill the role of devestator nicely even though itll be a tactical marine cuz im playin on tac marine.

If it dont go through im going with ultramarine tac marine.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 am

The modifiers against hordes given to devastator marines makes a substantial difference compared to a tactical marine.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 am

Well i wouldnt mind filling the devistator roll.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 am

Okay, sorry for the delay. It seems that most everyone has no problem with the game time/day, great! Lando thanks for explaining the leader role. Lando has dibs on the teams Librarian, while Jworden has the Apothecary. It seems that many of the other players also have an idea for their characters. The only position out of the limited specialties not confirmed is Techmarine (although I see someone has offered to be that in the replies so he has first call if he will take it.

On the question of books needed, You only need the Deathwatch core book (no need for DH or RT; at this time although I am sure they will provide helpful info into the game setting). I will be going back over the previous replies to see if I can garner out what we have for a kill-team thus far.

IMPORTANT!!!: Make sure your character has the following: Appearance (fill out under Description) see Core pg 28. A name, (Chapter and Personal)Demeanour, Past Events and Power Armour history. Next besure to have a background prepaired on your character (it doesn't have to be a book, something short for role-playing purpose), length and depth is up to the player. At the minimum be sure to answer the following about your character.

Core page 31; this is about your character (not you as a player :lol: ) As you come up with your background/ personality remember to read Core 35 and keep in mind the 3 things to remember about roleplaying a space marine and the chapter you are from.

1) What is your homeworld like?
2) What is your personality like?
3) Why were you selected for the Deathwatch?
4) What does the Deathwatch mean to you?
5) What do you desire?
6) What do you hate?

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm
Profile ICQ

Preliminary Manifesto of Watch Captain Servais replacements for 2nd squad kill-team (Kill-team name to be chosen by its members). We will be attaching the Space Wolf Rune Priest to many of this squads missions to help wit cohesion when a Librarian is sent out with the team.

Librarian attached:
new Space Wolf Rune Priest (Land0 the Archmage)

2nd Squad Kill-Team members (thus far):
Apothecary (JWorden)
Assault Marine (Marafice_Eye)
Ultramarine Tech/Tactical/Devastator Marine (Roshi)
Ultramarine Tactical/Devastator Marine (Pod Droppa)

When Watch Commander Mordigael Master of the Vigil will place finale approval for creation of the replacement squad.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile ICQ

A little about myself I am almost 40 years old (wow). I began Tabletop RPG games back in the early 80's. I ran my first online RPG in 2001. I began playing 40k wargames back in 2002. My chapter is Dark Angels (just incase anyone wondered). My style of Game mastering is more like a director (taking the setting being played into consideration). For the Deathwatch game you can expect to be going out on missions, your results will have an effect on the world and its NPCs. I love to role-play and not to particular on power gaming (although I know it is fun or others would not do it). My goal is always to have players earn what they get (good or ill). I don't hand out xp like it is xmas, yet I don't horde it away from players either.

When we play, pay attention to the mission objectives. You will usually have at least 1 Primary Objective, you may even have 1 Secondary Objective to go along with the Primary Objective. Tertiary Objectives (or Targets of Opportunity) will not alway be clear, in most cases these will appear once you have begun your mission. Completing Objectives is very important in the game (but role-playing your character should always be a part of your characters action while playing). Of all the 40k RPGs, you should be warned to be prepared for lots of combat!

Lastly; note to continue with what Lando had posted about the group leader. The leader should be chosen by the group after they have their "Mission Briefing." You should take the mission in consideration for who should be the leader (as well as the group should allow everyone the chance to lead). Once a leader is decided on, the leader has to decide on the oath that the group will take for the mission (note your specialty limits what oaths a leader can take; the leader may want to discuss this choice with his fellow team members). The oath limits what Squad Mode abilities the team will benefit from outside of the choices from their respective chapters. This oath also includes a special benefit for the team. These effects last for the entire mission.

Remember: Core pg 228 lets you know what are the Duties and Benefits of being the Leader. Overall a leader purpose is not to tell the players what to do, the leader represents the teams point of contact with Deathwatch HQ, the Watch Captain (this is the teams chain of command). The leader is to help make decisions when the group cannot come to an agreement taking in consideration the thoughts of his fellow team members. for more information on being the team leader see pg 228.

Hopefully I have set out enough information to help prospective players understand a little about myself and the game.
If anyone need to contact me via email it is AzonaFate at gmail (.com)

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:38 pm
Profile ICQ
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next