View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

EU TZ(EST+5)3.5 Ravenloft group seeking 1-2 new players/DM's 

Post EU TZ(EST+5)3.5 Ravenloft group seeking 1-2 new players/DM's
Hi.

We are a GMT group playing a Ravenloft campaign in 3.5. A couple of players have recently left due to personal problems so we have a few gaps to fill. We are a relaxed group that understands it is just a game, and enthusiasm rather than 100% knowledge of OpenR is most important.

I *STRONGLY* recommend anyone who is interested to read one or two of our logs of the campaign so far, to make sure it is the thing for you. We are RP heavy and arent keen on munchers or powergamers, its about the story rather than number crunching for us.

The starting conditions etc are on our forum, along with all the current PCs and logs and storyline so far. They are currently between 6th-9th level any new players would be starting at 7th probably.

Our website: http://baatorian.highbb.com/forum.htm

We have a two DM rotation, I am one of those so feel free to get in touch.

We usually play on Saturday evenings. 1900@ EU TZ - BST(EST+5) Midweek too, more ad hoc.

Many thanks...

Last edited by illumination on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 am

Post Re: GMT group seeking 1-2 new players.
Howdy,

What time/day is this game? I can't seem to find that info on the linked site.
Depending on that, I would definitely be interested.

Robert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello, haha, sorry I didnt explain that did I :)

We just arrange them as and when we can get the most people together via email. Generally, we get one shorter midweek session in (Weds tends to be popular) running between 1930-2300, and one weekend session which could be Fri/Sat/Sun. Saturday is the most common and tends to be 1830-2359ish.

We are playing tomorrow in OpenRPG, starting 1930 UK time feel free to pop in for a look or alternatively email me on: mikey@fastmail.us

Have you played much in the way of RPGs online? Familiar at all with the game system or planescape? Just trying to work out how much help you might need, if any. :)

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 am

Howdy,

That sounds pretty darn good to me cause I'm available till 6pm mountain time which is 0100 GMT.

As to experience, I'm pretty much an expert on 3.5 D&D as well as openRPG (I've designed my own character node), though I have not before played in the planescape setting. I've played a lot in FR and Ebberon, some Greyhawk, a bit of Ravenloft, and LOTS of homebrew.

I'll most certainly attend you session tomorrow at 12:30.

Robert

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:13 pm

I'd like to join, but I've never played 3.5 and feel a bit intimidated. If you guys are willing to teach me, I'll join up.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 pm

rob

okie doke, that all sounds very well.

ive been asked by someone else what the starting conditions are etc, we are a RP heavy group and tend to have only moderately powered PCs which we try and balance with each other. that said, you are free to take a look at the current characters to get a feel for things and find a niche to fill.

what i suggest, as the next stage in getting you involved, is post a basic character idea labled 'draft' or what have you in the current PC's area of the groups website, and we can take the discussion over to there.

no numbers or stats required, just a few lines of a concept would be handy, and once everyone's sweet with it you can edit and flesh it out prior to joining in.

the group has a few custom rules, not too many but the general rule is anything thats in FRCS and 3.5 PHB can be taken without much argument, anything else usually we ask the other DM's to ok it, for balance reasons as WoC are brilliant at broken classes/feats/etc.

look forward to hearing from you!

oh, our server is called kingsreach, and we'll be in there from 1900 onwards, ill get in early so i can talk to any new potential players what turn up. just so expectations are managed, i am not the current DM and the party is roaming some prime world so no-one is likely to be playing tonight straight away. it would just be to meet the folks and discuss characters etc.

dustin,

ill direct you to this website:

http://www.d20srd.org/

which has all the 3.5 rules on it. knowing the rules is less important to us than being a good RPer, but we will have to see what kind of new additions we are getting before i can give you a solid answer. thats just because having two new persons without a clue about 3.5 at the same time would be a nightmare and slow things down too much. there is no reason however that in that case that you couldnt be 'absorbed' at a later time.

have you played any RPGs either online or tabletop before?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:05 am

To avoid any confusion, our OpenRPG server is called Kyngesreach, not Kingsreach though you'd probably have all worked that out :)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:49 am

and welcome to stef, our groups resident smartarse and current DM.

:D

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I've played 4e, so it's not that I'm completely new, and I learn fast. I mostly just need to get down the class system, as that's most different.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Post Re: EU TZ 3.5 Ravenloft group seeking 1-2 new players/DM's
recruiting again. BUMP.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:07 pm