View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

e-Adventure Tiles Mapper feature requests 

Post e-Adventure Tiles Mapper feature requests
Hi guys - I love the tool, and am having tons of fun creating locations for my players. What are your future plans for it? Specifically, I'd love it if you could incorporate some of these into the tool:

1. Tile Mirroring in addition to Tile Rotation.
2. Custom Tiles - I own many of your PDF-based tiles already, and have modified them off-line for my own use. It seems a shame that I can't use them on-line
3. Door/feature overlays - It'd be fantastic if map designers could add in doors and other things like trash piles to certain tiles.
4. (U/I-related) Adjustable frames - There are times when I'd like to expand the tile section, or hide it completely. As it stands, the map section, the tile collection, and the tile 'organizer' are all staticly placed and sized.

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 am
Site Admin

Post Re: e-Adventure Tiles Mapper feature requests
First, note this.
http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=news&news_id=630

Now to answer your questions:
cpaquin24 wrote:
1. Tile Mirroring in addition to Tile Rotation.
2. Custom Tiles - I own many of your PDF-based tiles already, and have modified them off-line for my own use. It seems a shame that I can't use them on-line
3. Door/feature overlays - It'd be fantastic if map designers could add in doors and other things like trash piles to certain tiles.
4. (U/I-related) Adjustable frames - There are times when I'd like to expand the tile section, or hide it completely. As it stands, the map section, the tile collection, and the tile 'organizer' are all staticly placed and sized.

1. I don't know if I can do this or not, because there isn't a way to print a mirrored tile is there? But with the new software I may be able to do it. Hmm.... let me think about this.

2. I would have to see about that. With the map share option on the new version, I might run into issues. I like the idea, but it's something I need to talk with SKG about.

3. Yeah, that is something I plan to do. It's not immediate but it's on my wish list.

4. The new version is still static, but you have a lot more space for the map. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Now is the time to keep those suggestions coming....

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, this looks great - please sign me up for a beta account, and I'll let you know what I think!

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:41 am

One other thing you might consider: you might allow people to publish low-res copies of their own maps, for other people to use and download the hi-res versions for a price - and you could give a small credit to the author, too.

I know I've spent hours putting together my maps, and would be glad to share them with other users.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 am
Site Admin

It's definitely something I'd consider.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm
Profile WWW

How about adding a mountainous region and paths, and castle tile set to the mapper?

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 am

ooo... almost forgot, how about adding sections of 'Path' to the Fill category and different ends for the paths in the Path category.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:22 am

ahh... yet again another suggestion. I made a map of a tower's levels, by putting the top three floors on one map. Would it be possible to include letter tiles or a 'notepad' tile capable of small descriptions that we could use to label, 'Level - 1, Level - 2, " and so forth?

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 pm

I am making a map of a cavern, but the chasm tiles have gradations in color in the pit and the lighter hue very closely looks like the ledges. Any chance of removing the gradations or maybe making another set that is darker in the chasm?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Site Admin

Responses to Paladin1975.

I'll pass your tile suggestions on to Ed who creates the tiles. It had been awhile since he made new sets, but he's back on track now with 2 new sets released in the last week.

As for adding text to the map, it's on my list of things to do.

I don't fully understand you Chasm suggestion. Clarify if you can. Thanks for the feedback.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile WWW