View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 (Full) Pathfinder Monday Nights 7:30pm EST 

Post Re: (Full) Pathfinder Monday Nights 7:30pm EST
For Sodel, don't forget that you get bonus vigor points from the below:

Bonus Hit Points: Whenever you gain a guardian tier, you gain 5 bonus hit points. These hit points stack with themselves, and do not affect your overall Hit Dice or other statistics.

So I believe that would raise Sodel's 55 VP to 75.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 am

Another possible upgrade for Sodel:

I believe your wound point total is at least 104 because To the Death makes it 4x your Constitution.

In addition, you aren't limited by your wound threshold because going below the threshold has no effect on you. Very durable indeed!

The rest of us all now have a wound point total of 3x our Constitution because Hard to Kill (Ex) raised it from the normal 2x. However, some of the benefit of this is lost because our wound thresholds have also risen from the normal 1x to 2x Con.

Here's the relevant quote:
Quote:
Reckless: Well, I'm going to say that you add 2xcon score into wounds instead of the 1 I posted about (to get to the whole 3x con and die area, and that if your wound points go to 0 you drop unconscious, but don't need to roll and can't be staggered by damage before that.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi guys,
Just an early heads up. I'll be working in another store this week, so I won't be able to run the game on Monday (I'll be closing to make the schedule work out.)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:10 am

Hey all,
I went into the hospital yesterday to discover I have a kidney stone. The meds are keeping the pain down, but make me pretty groggy and probably not fit to run the game. Sorry to cancel yet again, but in this case I'm sure we can agree it's for the best.
-Stratton

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:52 pm

It's no problem. I hope you feel better!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 pm

I made a mistake last night, when I said that Alithsar used 9 out of 20 Mythic Power Points (MPP). I should have said 9 out of 25. I need to come up with a better way to document Mythic Power on my character sheet.

Anyhow, Alithsar has 4 MPP being 4th tier, plus 10 MPP from INT, and 6 MPP from 3 levels of Extra Mythic Power. That's 20 MPP. I forgot about the 5 MPP from the Mythic Feat: Dual Focus (DEX).

--------------------------------------------------

On another note, last night I mentioned rationing MPP to last all day. As I was typing this reply, it occurred to me that 25 MPP is approximately 1 MPP / hour. During the last combat, Alithsar used 9 MPP in 18 seconds! The thing is, he could have used more - a lot more. Instead of Mythic Magic Missile, he could have cast Greater Mythic Magic Missile. Casting the vanilla Mythic version costs 1 MPP, while the Greater Mythic Version costs 3 MPP. In addition, he could have used MPP to take full advantage of his Amazing Initiative (Ex). That would have let him cast two more times.

Instead of spending 4 MPP to cast Mythic Magic Missile (1 MPP) using Wild Arcana (1 MPP) twice; he could have spent 18 MPP to cast Greater Mythic Magic Missile (3 MPP) using Wild Arcana (1 MPP) 4 times, by spending an additional 1 MPP each round for an extra initiative pass. That's 9 MPP per round to duplicate what our archer can do by spending 1 MPP per round. Looking at it that way, Mythic Magic Missile seems like a waste of MPP - the Greater version even more so. This just emphasizes what I said in the previous post, "A better selection of spells is needed." On the other hand, I thought the Mythic Suggestion spell was a good use of MPP.

If there was a Mythic version of Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, I would have chose it over Magic Missile. Alithsar can not cast Globe yet, only Lesser Globe. Color Spray, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Fireball, Invisibility, Mage Armor, Scorching Ray, and Sleep were the only valid alternatives. The Mythic version of these spells don't offer all that much over the regular versions. I chose Magic Missile because the Greater version "...automatically bypasses any spell resistance or immunities the targets possess." That makes it a handy last resort. I doubt that Alithsar will be using it again in the same way that he used it last night. (The Giants did not have spell resistance. That's why he did not use the Greater version.)

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey Everyone! Two things:

1) Looks like we're going to be having a family time for New Years Eve tonight after all, so no game tonight. We should resume back to normalcy starting next week.

2) Since the OpenRPG forums will be shutting down sooner or later, I have created a thread in Paizo's Gamer Connection Forum to continue any game discussion or notices we need.

Happy New Year everyone!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 pm

I checked my notes.

A. Vorel does not have a ring.
B. Vorel does have the "Bracers of Arnir +4"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 am

If those are the bracers that were found at the bottom of a pit in the Irespan, my notes indicate that they're only +3. But I may have written it down wrong.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Kodi wrote:
I may have written it down wrong.

That's funny!

I tried searching for "Arnir". Google asked me if I meant "armor". I wondered if I may have written it down wrong.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next