View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

Simple Pathfinder game looking for players. 

Post Simple Pathfinder game looking for players.
I had planned to run a Mekton Zeta game, but i decided to shelf that project untill i flesh my setting and houserules out a bit more. I have instead chosen to run a simple pathfinder game during the same day and time as something to do, because i do still want to run a game. I can promise you is that the game will be geared for fun, not number crunching or gritty survival and regret over poor class build choices.

I have an offical game day and time now as well as some offical groundrules laid out that me and my initial players agreed upon for the game for anyone who is interested. I have room for a maximum of two more players. I also have a small file and a map of the setting i will be using, courtesy of my friend who goes by the username Meepsbymoonlight on this forum. If you are interested and would like to look at this material please reply here or contact me on AIM at Inferno112383. If i do not reply immediatly, just be patient, i will eventually find your IM and respond. I will update this post if anything changes or gets added to it in the future.

Game Information
Game will be held on Tuesdays at 2pm EST and run to 6pm EST.
Starting level will be 3rd.
Stat generation is 32 point buy.
Gestalt characters are permitted but are restricted to core/base classes and may not change their initial class picks.
Hit points will be 1/2 the characters hit dice +1 instead of rolling. (This is slightly more then the Average HP method, just easier to calculate.)
Starting funds will be 3,000 gold (be sure to read the houserule on gold value at the end)
Core Races are all allowed.
Core Classes are all allowed.
Everyone is permitted to select two traits if they wish.

The following houserules will be considered on a case by case basis
Noncore races.
Noncore or Base classes.
Non-Paizo material.

The following houserules are purely for flavor or are campaign specific
All currency values and game prices will be divided by 10 to make gold feel more valuable (without actually changing its value mechanically). This means that your starting funds of 3,000 is *actualy* 300 gold in this games setting. Don't panic, prices are also divided by 10 as well. A masterwork longsword that normally costs 315 gold only costs 31 gold and 5 silver in this setting.

Last edited by Diablo112383 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 am

Post Re: Simple Pathfinder game looking for players.
This looks nice, but I can't do Tuesdays. Sorry.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 am

Is this game still alive?

I can do Tuesdays, but would have to leave by 8 pm eastern regardless of what was happening in game...

If it is going to finish around 6 pm, there should be no problem.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:58 am

Hi Athos, the game is still indeed alive, we just haven't started yet, the two players i have are still working out the kinks in their characters. Send me a message on AIM whenever you find the time, I'll leave it on for the next few days even if i'm afk. if you don't use aim i can instead just email you the setting information if you prefer.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Hello. I'd be interested in joining your PF game. I added you on AIM (grimscorpio575). So let me know if you filled or are still looking.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 am

I was wondering if you would allow Ninja from Ultimate Combat as a house rule ^^?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:21 pm

When you mean simple do you mean never played before and have idea of any of the rules?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 pm