View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

DnD 4th ed Thursdays 6pm PST CLOSED 

Post DnD 4th ed Thursdays 6pm PST CLOSED
I'm looking for players interested in playing through the Scales of War series from Dungeon Magazine for DnD 4th edition. This is an adventure that runs from level 1 through 30...just want to see the story play out.

Character submissions should be limited to Forgotten Realms. Starting with level 1 characters. I'd like to get five players with these roles covered:
1 - Leader (Healer)---filled by Arellius
1 - Defender---filled by Starchaserva
1 - Controller---filled by GloriousLemming
1 - Melee Striker---filled by NapalmMoose
1 - Magic/Ranged Striker---filled by Jaedlyn

Please submit character concept, including a brief physical description and background. Questions to follow.
I plan on meeting weekly on Thursdays at 6pm Pacific time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ImageADVENTURE BACKGROUND
The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness. But the peace of Elsir Vale—and specifically, the town of Brindol, heart of the former conflict with the Red Hand—has been shattered. The vague shadow of unease the locals have been experiencing lately has crystallized in the form of an attack on the town itself. Now Brindol finds itself once more in need of brave heroes willing to come to the aid of their citizens.

Things the PCs might know:
Sinruth is a hobgoblin with greater aspirations than a life spent preying on the fringes of civilization. He is now the leader of his own band of hobgoblins and declared himself the new Warlord of Sinruth's Hand (as he renamed them, they are the new Red Hand). His father was the leader of the Red Hand. He often leaves his bands marks behind, a crudely painted, downward thrusting red hand. His band has been eking out a meager existence in the wilderness and has slowly started to gain allies. There are rumors that the Red Hand unearthed something in their exploration of the mountains.

ImageBRINDOL (Previously called Four Winds):
Brindol is a small city in the heart of Elsir Vale. One of the largest settlements in the Vale, Brindol is a prosperous farming community and caravan stopover located along the Dawn Way on the south bank of the Elsir River. Orchards of apple and pear trees follow the river's winding shores, while broad grain fields and farmlands surround the town for miles in all directions. Brindol is the home of Lord Aaron Jarmaath. His small keep and the city walls are the only fortifications of note this side of Dennovar (city 100 miles to east).

Population: 6700, another 1,000 live within a five-mile radius. The people are mostly humans, half-elves, and dwarves. The town's population swells by several hundred whenever some connected halfling clans known as "the river people" are in town.

Government: The town has a council, two-thirds of whom are hereditary landlords and the remainder of whom are guildmasters from the city's important trade guilds. Lord Warden Harrik Orena is the public face of the council and commander of the city militia.

Defense: The city has 200 soldiers under arms, at all times, with about 1/4 on duty at any given time. Lord Orenna has access to another 200 well-equipped but poorly trained soldiers in times of crisis.

Inns: Chatrenn and Sons; The Red Door; Avandrian Hostel; The Silk and Spoon; Pantashi Inn

Taverns: Ilya's Cardhouse; The Marooned Schooner; Cleftie's; Brindol's Gentleman's Club; The Blue Parrot; The Antler and Thistle

Major Guilds: Prospectors; Blacksmiths and Smelters; Teamsters and Farriers; Weavers; River Bargemen (Halfling controlled)

Supplies: Alchemy by Andronsius (currently closed); Gavriel Arms and Smithy; Staghunter Outfitters; Alpenglow Trading House

Temples: Temple of Erathis; College of Ioun; Shrine of the Sun (Pelor); Moondust Temple (Sehanine); Shrine of Bahamut (no permanent clergy); Shrine of the Open Door (Avandra)

PCs will be starting their adventure at the Antler and Thistle (location 3 on the Brindol map)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Kimmypi on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Post Re: DnD 4th ed Scales of War Thursdays 6pm Pacific RECRUITIN
I've got a defender I'd like to add to the campaign, certainly. A minotaur Berzerker (Barbarian)

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 am

I'm interested, though I'm unsure yet who or what I'd like to play as of this moment. Thinking of a controller at this point, but that's all I've really got in the concept. I'll probably have something between now and the end of the day. I will likely tend to be about a few minutes late to any given game seeing as I work up until 7 minutes before the game starts and it takes roughly 12 minutes to get home. I don't always work on Thursdays, but I would like to point it out all the same. However, I am a fiercely reliable player otherwise. If you'll put up with me being late for a few minutes a session, then I can dance for you all you want.

EDIT: I did send a PM of my concept at this point, but I figured I'd point it out here.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:56 am

To Starchaserva: The defender is yours, just shoot the forum your concept.

To GloriousLemming:
Quote:
Do you care if we use non-core stuff, and if so, how far are we allowed to go? I'll probably tell you exactly where to find stuff if you allow it, but I feel I should ask beforehand. Furthermore, do you allow essentials(or even prefer it) or things like hybrid characters?
It depends on what you mean by non-core. It's a definite no on third party stuff, but if you have a justifiable reason for something from the authorized published materials that is outside Forgotten Realms, I would consider it. I would also consider hybrid characters. So far, your character concept is good.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 pm

So, that being said, my character would be a Controller, a wizard to be precise. Other than the possibility of a hybrid character(I won't unless I get a really good idea for it), the only non-core/non-forgotten realms stuff I'd want to use are the various illusion magic powers found in Arcane power sourcebook seeing as my character regularly utilizes illusions as opposed to the less subtle magics mages tend to have. As far a anything else, I'll sleep on what I've got so far and see what I come up with.

For some reason, I didn't notice the Forgotten Realms bit, so my concept has nothing to do with the setting itself. I will have to fix this.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:50 am

I don't mind the use of the Arcane Power sourcebook. My only restriction is on third party material. If it's 4th ed and can fit within the Forgotten Realms atmosphere storywise it's a go.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 am

I was pm'd by Jaedlyn with a concept for an elven ranger to take the position of ranged striker.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 am

She is a decidedly un-elflike young(For en elf) lady. Aside from her odd personality your dealing with a stereotypical bow using elf. I'd say more on her, but that takes the fun out of getting to know em! Bonus points if we have another elf in the party :p

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Hopefully we'll get a healer soon. The melee striker has been filled, so just one more position :D

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:17 am

Post Re: DnD 4th ed Thursdays 6pm PST RECRUITING Leader/Healer
I might be interested in the last role. Lets me looking things over and I will get back to you later today

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 am