View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 am

Ornery Orc issue (Windows 7 64bit) 

Post Ornery Orc issue (Windows 7 64bit)
Did a few searches on this forum, and i couldn't find anybody with this exact issue. Three out of four of my players, and myself as well, are all having this same issue, namely being: During play, at some point or another, the window stops responding to us. To get the game to close or respond at all, we must open the task manager, close the application, and then restart it.

We are all using Python 2.6.5 64 bit and wx.Python 2.10.1 64bit, and those of us having issues are all running Windows 7 64bit. The one of us who has not had any issues at all is running Windows 7 32bit, leading me to believe that this (using 64bit operating systems) is the reason for our issues.

Is there any way to work around this? any help would be appreciated.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 am

Post Re: Ornery Orc issue (Windows 7 64bit)
Can you paste the contents of the crash-report.txt file? It maybe an error that is being picked up.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 am
Profile YIM WWW

Sure thing! I'll post all of ours, if you do not mind terribly. I will label them. Quick glance seems that we're having the same error, but i figure, the more info i give, the better.

My crash report:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\S\Desktop\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1185, in OnExit
    self.OnExit_CleanUp()
  File "C:\Users\S\Desktop\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1176, in OnExit_CleanUp
    logger.debug("Preforming cleanup\n")
  File "C:\Users\S\Desktop\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 161, in debug
    self.log(msg, ORPG_DEBUG, to_console)
  File "C:\Users\S\Desktop\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 188, in log
    atr['time'] = time.strftime('[%x %X]', time.localtime(time.time()))
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "node != TimerMap().end()" failed at ..\..\src\msw\timer.cpp(192) in wxTimerWndProc(): bogus timer id in wxTimerProc

Player 1 Crash Report (Gena)

Code:
  File "C:\Users\Gena\Downloads\Traipse\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1185, in OnExit
    self.OnExit_CleanUp()
  File "C:\Users\Gena\Downloads\Traipse\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1176, in OnExit_CleanUp
  File "C:\Users\Gena\Downloads\Traipse\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 161, in debug
  File "C:\Users\Gena\Downloads\Traipse\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 188, in log
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "node != TimerMap().end()" failed at ..\..\src\msw\timer.cpp(192) in wxTimerWndProc(): bogus timer id in wxTimerProc

Player 2 crash report (Erika)
Code:
  File "D:\programs\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1185, in OnExit
    self.OnExit_CleanUp()
  File "D:\programs\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1176, in OnExit_CleanUp
  File "D:\programs\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 161, in debug
  File "D:\programs\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 188, in log

Player 3 crash report (Serra)

Code:
  File "F:\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1185, in OnExit
    self.OnExit_CleanUp()
  File "F:\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1176, in OnExit_CleanUp
  File "F:\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 161, in debug
  File "F:\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 188, in log

Thank you for your time.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:06 am

I have a fix for that. How can I send it to you?

The problem is caused by the Tool Tip timer on the map. When you move your mouse over the map a timer starts so it knows when to show the label of the miniture as a tool tip. It is old code that exists and never worked correctly. The fix I will send you just adds remarks (#) to the code so it isn't read as a code source.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

if you have skype, you can add me. <removed after issue resolved>. if it's a file you need to send, then you can send it there. or put it in dropbox, if you have that, and send it to me via that. What should I do with this? Or would you give me instructions upon sending?

Edit: Heading to bed. Wasn't expecting a response this late/early, but it feels like i should inform you anyway. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Chelicerate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 am

You'll just copy the file(s) I send you to a folder.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Yeah! You can send them via Skype if you'd like. I can contact you, if you'd prefer that, for timing's sake. i'll be on most of the day, today is a really slow day for me. Username is <Removed after issue resolved>

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I seem to be having the same issue where I have windows 7 pro 64 bit edition and in the middle of game play my trapise crashes on me.

Here is my log report as well:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1185, in OnExit
self.OnExit_CleanUp()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\main.py", line 1176, in OnExit_CleanUp
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 161, in debug
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\orpg_log.py", line 188, in log

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:48 am

Can you send me a message via Skype? I'm profebral

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW