View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

Fantasy/Steampunk/Western themed game needs players. 

Post Fantasy/Steampunk/Western themed game needs players.
As the title suggests i plan to run a game that consists of ealthy doses of all three of these genres blended together. The game will be set in Forgotten Realms in an alternate timeline where there was no spellplague, no deicide and basically nothing even remotely close to the path forgotten realms took circa 4e. For those of you who are thinking "How the hell can you combind that all together?" i would tell you to check out the game Wild Arms, if you are not already familliar with it. That is a good example of the feel i would like to achieve.

Here are the important details.

Game will be played via OpenRPG
Game day will be saturday or sunday as decided by the group at 6pm GMT
Game sessions will usually be around 4 hours long, longer sessions may occur based on a unanimous group vote.
Character creation rules, starting level, starting funds and all that relevant info will be determined by the group and approved by me once we are all together.
I was planning on letting you guys be creative with the characters you make and as such will be allowing material from pretty much any and all viable d20 sources be it 3.5 ed core/supplements as well as pathfinder or even d20 modern/past etc etc. If this idea proves to be a bad one, we can discuss it/alter it as a group at a later date.

I am only looking for 2-3 players to join the one i already have, if you are interested in joining or have questions or would like something explained in more detail, please post here on the thread. Do not send me private messages if you wish to be noticed, i hardly ever check my inbox.

*edit*
Updated Information
Meeting Date: Saturday the 17th at 6pm GMT
Server: Blackstar Games
Room: Steampunk Creation Session
Password: Steampunk

Last edited by Diablo112383 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 am

Post Re: Fantasy/Steampunk/Western themed game needs players.
Sure, count me in. This text, or skype/text as I have no voice chat cpability. My mic got busted along with my headset.

rich1979a@hotmail.com is my msn

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:28 am

We will be playing over OpenRPG, I have added that to my original post. :)
Glad to have you join us Mask. One more bite and we can set an official start date. :)

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 am

Alrighty, I have three players now, we will be meeting as a group next saturday the 17th at 6pm GMT. I will add you to my MSN messenger Mask to try to tell you in person in case you do not get this message by then.

As for anyone else who wishes to join. there is room for one more player at the table, so if you wish to be part of the descision making meeting, you will need to join before the 17th. Otherwise the rules will be laid down and set in stone, so to speak.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 pm

This sounds like a pretty interesting concept, if everything can be balanced.

MSN: Brad918267@yahoo.com

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 pm

One of my potential players informed me that the setting i envision is actually very similar to a game called arcanum of steamworks if that further helps describe the feel of the game i aim for :-D.

And welcome aboard AQX, i'll send you a message when i get some time.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

when we meeting, sorry been busy last few days

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:32 am

Played it, so inform me of when we're meeting, as long as it's not the 22nd to the 28th.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:21 am

I would be interested in joining this group if it is still active. I would probably need a bit of "training wheels" maybe for a session or two but I would learn as fast as I could. Thank you. PM me of email kandocolostomybag@yahoo.com

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm
Profile YIM