View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Central)? 

Post Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Central)?
Hello,

I'm posting this thread to see who all would be interested in playing in a new weekly Pathfinder Adventure Path (AP) game that I could run on Monday, Tuesday, or Friday evenings from around 7:00 to 10:00 PM US Central time.

I'd be willing to run Council of Thieves, Kingmaker, or the new Jade Regent AP based on group preference.

Since successfully playing through an AP requires dedicated and dependable players, and assuming that there are at least four or five people interested in this, we would not start playing the AP right away. I would like to use the first several sessions as "get to know the players and DM" time where I'd run a low-level module with the players creating "throw-away" characters. Then, hopefully the group will have solidified somewhat with those remaining having decided that they want to continue on and begin the AP.

Please post replies in this thread indicating interest. Once we have a better idea of the general level of interest, we can start to firm up the session time, exchange email addreses, etc.

Andy

Last edited by acollins46805 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Post Re: Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Centr
Memememememememememe!!!!

ooh oh ooh pick me!

I mean, sounds interesting.

What are your ideas on character creation? Books allowed, stats, traits, use of catapults in urban areas, allowed races etc?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Following are my standard Pathfinder AP character creation rules:

A first-level character with 0 XP, a non-evil alignment, and average starting gold for his or her class to spend on weapons, armor, equipment, and supplies shall be created.

Ability scores shall be purchased using 15-point-buy (standard fantasy).

First-level HP shall be the full hit die of the character’s selected class plus the character’s con modifier.

The character shall select a favored class. Whenever the character takes a level in their favored class, the character gains either one additional HP or one additional Skill Point.

All core rulebook races are allowed. Additionally, the following bestiary races (without racial hit dice) are allowed: Aasimar, Tengu, and Tiefling. The Drow, Noble Drow, Duergar, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Merfolk, Orc and Svirfneblin races are not allowed.

All core rulebook classes are allowed. Additionally, the base classes defined in the Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Combat (with the exception of the Gunslinger class) are allowed.

The character shall select two traits from separate categories or sub-categories. Players who indicate their character's homeland also have the choice of one regional trait (taken from the Inner Sea Primer) as one of their two traits. The “Rich Parents” trait is not allowed.

The medium XP progression will be used.

Base HP for each even level shall be the (class hit die / 2). Base HP for each odd level starting at level 3 shall be the (class hit die / 2) + 1. So, for example, a class with a d8 hit die would gain the following base HP at each level:

Level 1: 8
Level 2: 4
Level 3: 5
Level 4: 4
Level 5: 5, and so on.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Love to join. I'm running two games now; need one to play ;) Tuesday would be good. Monday is workable but Friday is out.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Name: Cairne Garess
Race: Half Elf
Homeland: Brevoy
Class: Wizard (Conjurerer, Creation Subschool)

It has been said that Lord Dominic Garess could field and army from his codpiece alone, his reputation for sexual conquests is well known throughout Brevoy. Far from being scandalized by her husband's conquests Lady Isabella was her husband's equal partner in their romantic endeavors. Cairne Garess was born of a dalliance between Lord Dominic, Lady Isabella and an elven handmaiden in the employ of a visiting diplomat. To help their lover save face Dominic and Isabella adopted Cairne as their own. Cairne grew up loved and encouraged in his unconventional family, and because he had no place in the line of succession of his family's noble holdings his father made sure he was as well educated as possible, sending him to study at New Stetven.

Cairne has had a lifetime fascination with architecture and a desire to build truly great structures, and to accomplish this goal Cairne has turned to his study of magic and the worship of the goddess Shelyn. While studying at the university Cairne took advantage of every opportunity to learn as much as possible about Magic, his religious beliefs and how cities and buildings are made. Cairne's endgame goal is to use arcane and divine power to build something truly great, like a magical city, He's brilliant, knowledgeable and charismatic enough to make his mark on the world all he needs is the opportunity.

Cairne will travel pretty much anywhere to widen his horizons, his motives at this point are to purely to learn more and find a place where he can put his talents to good use.

Character sheet.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Gee, I wonder which Pathfinder AP R. B. is voting to play? :D

Seriously, to any out there who are familiar with D&D 3.5 but have been hesitant to play Pathfinder, don't be.

You don't even have to purchase the core rulebook. All of the core rules are available online for free. There is the Paizo Publishing official Pathfinder Reference Document (PRD) here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

There is also a 3rd party online Pathfinder SRD here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

So, don't worry about being a Pathfinder newby. What makes a valuable player to the group (in my opinion) lies more along the lines of 1) shows up for sessions on time and is prepared, 2) or lets the group/DM know ahead of time of absence if possible, and 3) treats other players with respect and courtesy.

The AP Player's Guides documents in PDF format are available for free from Paizo Publishing. You will need to create an account on Paizo.com if you don't already have one, but once you create an account all of the PDFs that you have purchased (even for free) remain available in your own private downloads section.

Council of Thieves:

http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayin ... 48btpy89m7

Kingmaker:

http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayin ... 48btpy8dqh

Jade Regent:

http://paizo.com/store/games/roleplayin ... 48btpy8mh3

Andy

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:03 pm

I just like that instead of going with the cliched Half Elf/Half Orc backstory I went with "my parents are swingers", end of story.

:P

Anyone want to be my Half Orc younger brother?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:28 pm

I would rather have a day picked before I start a character. Hate to make one then you all decide to play on fridays.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:32 am

interested, though i cant play on fridays. My regular irl group are running kingmaker, so i'd have to say something else would be appreciated

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:36 am

Quick question, what time would that be in Pacific? And, what is AP? What level will we be starting out in the AP games, and, I am totally down for this game. I plan on playing either a Illusionist/Conjurer Scorcerer, or a Battle Cleric. Not sure how those work for you. But, is there a way that I can contact you other than here? Like E-Mail? Or IM? My preffered E-Mail is Batman.m.t.web@hotmail.com It would be awesome if I could play.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next