View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
 Middle-Earth (MERP) RPG (1-3 Openings) 

Post Re: Middle-Earth (MERP) RPG (1-3 Openings)
i am still up for it. Just am sick tonight. Could play, but would have a few duh moments if I dont fall over on my laptop.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:26 am

Post Re: MERP RPG (1-3 Openings)
Since I'm down to 2 regular players and one potential new one (Falcon), I'm going to just put this game on indefinite postponement. I never heard from daddystabz if he was going to play since its been over three weeks. All the new people who expressed interest never submitted pcs.

If anyone would like to join, you're welcome to do so and that'll give me enough players to keep the campaign going with or without anyone dropping out of the current party. I have several openings for those interested in playing in Tolkien's Middle-Earth set in the early 4th Age.

The party has explored some ancient dwarven ruins dating to the 1st Age, perhaps around the time of the War with Morgoth. They have awoken a cave drake while exploring the ruins and have discovered some ancient treasures. Now can they appease the cave drake with some of these treasures or will they slay this child of Morgoth and continue on their journey?

Game Time/Day: Saturday evenings 9 pm-12:30 am EST.
Session #19
Game Server: Mayhem
Backup: Blackstar
Game Room: Middle-Earth Roleplay
Timeline: Fourth Age 1
Game: MERP 2e rules with possible Rolemaster expansion later on.
Level: 3
House Rules: 100 gp to start (ignore 2 gp starting funds), you may pick your background options or roll them randomly. However, if you wish to combine them all into one mighty magic item/heirloom or the like, you must seek approval from me first. You can buy minor magic items with your gold or herbs or the like. See pgs 258-260 MERP 2e.

Magic Items/Background Options
Magic items come in all shapes/sizes and they can make up for low stats and they can grant you PP as well if you need some to learn / cast spells.
Depending on how you wish to spend your background options will give you different options to choose from. You can roll randomly or pick or work up something with my help.

Here are some examples:

You can substitute any style sword/axe/weapon for these..

1 background option: +15 Broadsword (made of Arborang with Numenorean runes) with scabbard
OR
+1 spell adder (wand/staff or something) or x2 power point multiplier (ring, amulet, brooch etc)
2 background options: +30 Broadsword (made of Arborang with Numenorean runes) with scabbard
OR
+15 Broadsword (made of Arborang with Numenorean runes) with scabbard
+15 Bow or Thrown missile weapon made of some fine wood/steel (I'll look up the material)

You could spend more pts to get something like "of Slaying Orcs" or the like too. Or you could spend an option to get an item like a pair of magic boots/cloak or some other device that enhances a skill +15 bonus or something.

There are lots of examples in the books/supplements or just run your ideas by me.

Also no Orcs/Trolls/Corsairs/Easterlings/Haradrim/Variags/Black Numenoreans as pc races. Noldor are also going to be rare. Sindar or Silvan elves ok, most other men and dwarves, hobbits are alright. Also you may reroll your attributes if they're all lower then 65 one additional time, keeping the results. Remember that you can replace your lowest stat with a 90 for your prime attribute. Also remember any stat below 20 can be rerolled at any time.

Sheets should be in .doc/.rtf/.txt/,pdf or pc node files preferred, but the .xls file that trollblood offered will work too. Send me your completed sheets to my email at landothearchmagi at comcast.net.

House Rules
Every PC starts a game session with 3 Fate Points.

A Fate Point may be spent to:
- Add a +50 bonus to a Maneuver or Attack roll if declared before the dice are rolled
- Add a +25 bonus to a Maneuver or Attack roll if declared after the dice are rolled
- Add +25 to DB against one attack
- Save you from an instant death crit table result, instead placing you in a coma for 1d10 hours

Fate Points may not be spent on Resistance Rolls.
No more than 2 FP may be spent on any one roll.
(Note that this heavily favors action and offense over defense. This is intentional as I want to encourage heroic action and attempting wild stunts rather than turtling.)

You gain 1 FP by performing heroic deeds and acting with valor. You can keep doing this until you're up to your full allotment of 3 FP. You may never hold more than 3 Fate Points at a time and they do not carry over from session to session. Each session you begin anew with your allotted 3 Fate Points. When spending Fate Points on a wild maneuver or attack you should describe the cinematic action you perform vividly and with flare. Villain NPCs do NOT have Fate Points, except for important main villain NPCs, at the GM's discretion. So an average orc would never have Fate Points but the Witch King of Angmar likely would.

Roleplay encouraged. Please be sure to state your actions clearly.

MIA
daddystabz-Dunedain Ranger

NPCS (who hired the pcs) (brother/sister)
Grithnir - Dunedain Warrior (uses a fine sword of ancient Numenor make, probably from his father)
Morwen - Dunedain Warrior/Animist (prefers to use a fine bow)

PARTY
debo11-Ashetar Noldor Elven Mage
Maltar - Dunedain Scout (played by Kyanna)
Falcon-Half-Elven Warrior
Opening-Animist
Opening-any class
Opening-any class

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:19 am
Profile YIM

I would like to join. although it has been 10+ years since I played MERPS or Rolemaster, and I am still learning the OpenRpg app. So if you don't mind some newbie flailing, combined with old guy forgetfullness. I'm the guy for you! :D

Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 am

ForlonHope wrote:
I would like to join. although it has been 10+ years since I played MERPS or Rolemaster, and I am still learning the OpenRpg app. So if you don't mind some newbie flailing, combined with old guy forgetfullness. I'm the guy for you! :D

Well if you'd like to submit a character then I'll consider starting this back up possibly.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:11 am
Profile YIM

I've had a dwarven animist submitted which I'm reviewing. Does anyone from the original party still wish to play? Anyone else interested? I'm thinking of possibly restarting this campaign in a week or so if I have enough seriously interested players.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:32 pm
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
I've had a dwarven animist submitted which I'm reviewing. Does anyone from the original party still wish to play? Anyone else interested? I'm thinking of possibly restarting this campaign in a week or so if I have enough seriously interested players.

welll i still have my half elven warrior and will play if it restarts

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm still around .... just let me know.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68