View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 am

Looking for a game: D&D 4E (pref), maybe 3.5, maybe Rifts 

Post Looking for a game: D&D 4E (pref), maybe 3.5, maybe Rifts
Me: Tabletop newbie.
Experience: few sessions live of 4E D&D down at the local cyber café (current) / 1 session of D&D 3.5E (using OpenRPG online) / 1 game of Rifts (Space-based campaign) and a few sessions of a second Rifts campaign 4-5 years ago.

I own the first two 4E D&D Player's Handbooks because of the cyber café group, but other than that, I only have access to a couple Rifts books (and a Bubblegum Crisis RPG book somewhere) a friend dumped on me years ago. I'd prefer a 4E D&D Campaign though, since that's what I'm currently trying to get the hang of, but I might be up for just about any game if people are willing to sit down and teach.

Not exactly brand new but not exactly comfortable in knowing what I'm doing, either. Basically I know how to roll up D&D4E and 3.5E characters. The rest I'm still learning, but unfortunately I learn by example / doing.

I've tried to join groups before, but, like the one 3.5 session, people will show up once and then ditch. I'm looking for a group that will meet up at least semi-regularly and willing to deal with my knowing very little (as the live group hasn't been very understanding), though I do try my best to pick things up quickly.

I live in the EST timezone.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:54 am

Post Re: Looking for a game: D&D 4E (pref), maybe 3.5, maybe Rift
btw, I'm assuming because of board settings I, as a newbie, can't PM until a certain number of posts. Because of that, feel free to AIM at Sankuri or email at sankuri(@)yahoo.com or post here...

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:11 am

Look Here: Its Rifts.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=157

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks for the heads-up!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Sankuri wrote:
I've tried to join groups before, but, like the one 3.5 session, people will show up once and then ditch. I'm looking for a group that will meet up at least semi-regularly and willing to deal with my knowing very little (as the live group hasn't been very understanding), though I do try my best to pick things up quickly.

Building groups takes time. I can't begin to tell you how much effort it takes (and that's coming from the perspective of a DM). So if it seems painful to you that all of the groups you've been involved in have barely gotten off the ground, imagine how much more effort it takes for the person in the top spot.

And I say that as someone who runs a very successful game on OpenRPG that's been around since 2003.

There are groups out there (unfortunately my Saturday group is not recruiting at the moment (and even if we were, it's not your cup of tea because we play with an older edition of D&D)); it's just a matter of perseverance on your part, and a little bit of luck at finding the right group.

Best of luck to you.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:32 pm