View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Recruiting players for Wed Night 3.5 DnD (Recruiting) 

Post Recruiting players for Wed Night 3.5 DnD (Recruiting)
I am looking to start a new campaign in an established homebrew world, and I need 3-5 players. I am looking for serious, balanced, and creative players who are looking to have fun. I usually run games with a 50-50 to 75-25 Roleplay to Combat split, but that can be altered to fit the party. It will be a long term sandbox style game starting at low levels which will ultimately progress to epic levels.

The following is to give you an idea of the things that are possible and the things I like to see players figure out how to do:

During the last campaign in this world the party managed to track down and destroy the Demon Lord Ka'Hatal, a Quasi-deity, without the party entering combat. They also set up a kingdom which flourished and expanded rapidly. One of the more active and prominent members of the party eventually managed to attain Godhood against his will.

The new campaign will begin 2000 years after the one previously mentioned. In which time, there has been a large power struggle amongst the old and new gods which has drastically changed the Pantheon, and the way domains work. The Sudhian Empire (established by the players), with the help of it's Patron Deity, has expanded to cover a quarter of the globe. The Empire has set up Teleport Rings (think Stargate) near each of the major ports in the world to expediate trade and bring wealth and peace to everyone. Each Ring leads to and from the island of Sisla, the seat of the Empire. The Rings are constantly used to allow merchants to travel from one major port to another, or to the island of Sisla, in a matter of weeks instead of months.

The campaign will use standard 3.5 Rules with the possibility of a smattering of steampunk via Iron Kingdoms (if the party would like). Sessions would be Wednesday Night at 7pm CST, 8pm EST and will go until 11pm CST, 12am EST or until the first person needs to go. The starting ECL will be the parties choice of 1 to 3 ECL with a max of 1 Class Level. Race/Templates/Class can come from any source, including 3rd party publishers, as long as you can tell me which book and page it's found on. It will be a high powered game and as such may not be best suited to those with little experience with 3.XE.

Last edited by Zalun on Thu May 03, 2012 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Post Re: Recruiting players for Wed Night 3.5 DnD
I would be interested in taking part.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

I could get into this kind of game!

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 pm

I couldn't make it until 8:30pm Eastern, but I think I would be very interested, though a quick check at the two concepts I'd be interested in playing again and both are ECL4 (Anthropomorphic Cheetah (Monk) or Rhinocerous (Warrior...ish)), respectively.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 pm

I would be happy to have the three of you. 8:30pm EST shouldn't be a problem, we can move the start time back.

I would much rather keep the ECL to a max of 3. The last few games I have run have started at 8+ ECL, and I'd rather start low. There are a few things I'd like everyone's opinion on before we move on to character creation. I'd like to know the style of play everyone prefers, if everyone would like a little steampunk, and what ECL everyone would like to start with (1-3). After all of that I will post character creation rules.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 am

I've liked what I've heard so far in terms of style - good amount of roleplay, and character-driven outcomes. Steampunk as an added element is welcome by me, though I don't have any Steampunk material personally.

As for ECL, I'm open to what the others have in mind; I don't really think I have too much of a preference within that range.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:00 am

I'd be willing to play as well. I've got a lot of 3.5 experience, but never really done a high-power campaign. Also, I kinda prefer using races that don't require an ECL.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 pm

You are definatly welcome to join Pent. As far as ECL, there is more to ECL than just races with LA. There are thousands of Templates that can be added to any race. You can do things from increasing size catagories or gaining extra arms to becoming undead or becoming a living construct. But, if noone else has an opinion about it we will start at ECL 1 per Pent's preferance.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Well, I wouldn't mind adding a template or two. I would like to try it out, so I guess I vote for ECL 2, if no one else has an opinion.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:27 am

Yeah. Count me in too. I'd love to get in on some arcane mechanik action if using iron kingdoms... and if so, will you be using the increased costs for permanent magical items due to the additional cost of life force a caster must pay to make something permanent?

Reason I ask is two fold. If not, I need to go through and rework a spreadsheet I made a few years ago for the gm of a diffrent game set in the IK, and second (and more importantly) without that increased cost the 'value/benifit scale' would need a bit of tweaking to explain the proliferation of mechanikal items. ( vs. Mechanical and magical/magikal depending on your accent)

If not, it shouldn't be a big deal to get the value balance swung back to slightly favour mechanikal items over magical... assuming that's what you (alll) want.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next