View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 "The One Ring" 

Post "The One Ring"
Hi,

Following the release of "The One Ring" - a pretty interesting game based on the Middle Earth setting, I'm interested to see who's interested in the system and might be up for having a go at it on line.

The time line for the setting is between the end of The Hobbit, and the start of Fellowship of the rings. The system has some truly innovative ideas and rules, the system itself being centered on the setting, giving the game a good feeling of the setting.

If you're interested, or want to learn more, please post below.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 am

Post Re: "The One Ring"
I love the game. It is the best Middle Earth RPG ever. I might just be interested if I can fit into my schedule.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 pm

I just played my first session of this game face-to-face tonight and it was AWESOME! Fantastic game.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 am

Cool.

How well does it handle the combat? (Reading the rules vrs seeing them in play.)

Cross link: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Mayhem_Gaming/ ... 227/1/#new

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:41 am

Combat was one of the smoothest parts of the game. It flowed quickly and easily.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:56 pm

I would be interested! What timezone/timeframe?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:48 am

As soon as we have a couple more players, we will sort out a day and time.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Depending on day/time (busy grad student) I might give it a whirl.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 am
Profile YIM

My job timetable changes per week, so I'm not sure on time. If you're flexible about possibly missing sessions once in a while or are even open to the idea of a fluid game time(chosen at start of week or month or something) then I'd be perfectly willing. Love the setting and have been itching to try out the system in an actual game for a while. I'm in EST timezone, though that doesn't really mean much for me. ANY time of day is fine. Technically that makes me open to all times except on Saturdays.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:51 am

I am currently recovering from a charity event that involved rafts, lots of water, dye (whoever decided to give kids water pistols loaded with food dye is in my bad books, I'm very very pink at the moment!), hair clippers, cheating, running, more cheating, cakes made with garlic and chilli (I liked those...), various alcoholic challenges, apple bobbing (in a tub filled with more dye!), and more drink.

This has slightly hampered my mental processes! However, I think we have enough players to begin looking for a game day and time, and a GM.

As a fall back, if no one else is interested in GMing the game, I'll do it, but as I'm new to the system myself, excuse any rules blunders! If someone else wants to GM however, I'll happily play.

Day and time wise, the two periods of time I cant do are Sunday 9pm-1am (GMT) and Wednesday (similar time). If we figure out when people CANT make it, we can hopefully then find a common time when we can :-).

I don't know what time zones everyone is in, so I'm going to tentatively (so don't shoot me!) suggest we use GMT as a standard time...

No problems with your shifting work times GL. I'd like for the game to be starting before 10pm GMT if at all possible, but I'm fairly flexible on it.

And now, I'm going back to bed to feel very sorry for myself, and lament the loss of my hair.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:39 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next