View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Recruiting for 3.5 game: Fallen Isle 

Post Recruiting for 3.5 game: Fallen Isle
I'm looking for 4-6 players for my 3.5 game played on OpenRPG. I'm wanting to meet two times a week for this, and I'm thinking Tuesday and Friday. It doesn't really matter when and I would be willing to change it based on the selected players' schedules.

The Plot:
Based in a home-brew world called Fhetoh, which is controlled over several factions across five main continents. Myria, a continent held by the ancient Myrian human theology, has become more hostile over the centuries. The church has begun militarizing the continent, making themselves a dangerous threat in contrast to their once-peaceful ways. To the north of this landmass lies the archipelago known as the Noth islands, is home to the sea nomads, the Kaeto. They are a gregarious people, and profit from a prime location in the world's ocean and just as prime trading across the sea. The increasing aggression against the Kaeto has pushed them back off of the main landmass and stranded on the rocky isles. Now fear they for an attack, one large enough that their mighty power at sea would not be enough to survive. The reason for this hostility is unclear, though the Kaeto believe it to be the religious fervor for their patron goddess, Ka'ta, and the manipulation through war-mongering zealot rulers. These rulers of the Noth archipelago also hold claim a small island nation called Aia, which lies about a thousand miles northeast of the Myrian shores. Within the last century, the Kaeto have begun colonizing parts of the island-continent, introducing rare and exotic trade goods across the world and profiting from selling to the natives. While the colonies are a boon for both the Kaeto and the Aian people, the tribal Aians push back against the intruders of their sacred land. Their druidic powers keep the Kaeto on the shores of the isle and away from the center, a dense jungle containing the Pha'mal valley, an ultra-fertile river valley with supposed enchanted features. The valley also holds a temple, untouched for eons and holding strange powers that no one has known beyond the earliest of the regional tribes. This island's inhabitants have also become alert of Myria's strength. As packs of their scouts have been seen on all of Kaeto-owned shores, the signs of impending attack are worrying. Players begin in Hayden, a large port colony based in the winding ravines of the Pha'mal Delta on the Aian island. They have joined a party of adventurers working as part of a militia, to face the many challenges and dangers of jungle life. They are being sent on a caravan to investigate an ancient obelisk that has existed for over a millennium on the isle, and has now has reportedly begun to attract deranged cultists.

The game is set in a Greyhawk world, so I would only like classes/options from the PHB, PHBII, and the Complete Series books.
Players begin at level 2, with wealth by level.
Different player races are acceptable, but at max LA +1.
My OpenRPG handle will be SunkenShade as well, and I will open up the game room periodically, under the name 'Fallen Isle,' with a password 'bgdh' under the Blackstar Games Server.
Thanks for your interest.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Post Re: Recruiting for 3.5 game: Fallen Isle
I may be interested

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:12 am

Great! Just leave your email and OpenRPG name.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:11 am

I am interested. My openrpg name is Athens and my email is athensdamanes (at) yahoo (dot) com

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm interested in playing 3.5. I'm in. My handle is Kimmeryn and my email is cymricroewan@yahoo.com

Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am

I'm interested as well. You can contact me at striderbri@hotmail.com

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:39 am

First off, neat plot hook. As a fellow writer, I like it!

I am interested in playing and have tons of experience with DnD 3.5 but not as much with OpenRPG (but can learn fast).

My OpenRPG name is phoenixdefiant email is hagen_06 (-at-) hotmail (-dott-) com.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:03 pm

I've emailed you all asking for details, I would like to get the game going during or just after the weekend. I have additional fluff as well for some of the nations if you would like it for your background in the form of a node in OpenRPG. I won't need a background for the first couple sessions (mostly because I haven't finished all the lore,) but I would like it before we delve too deeply into the plot.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:02 am

That sounds good, I'd like to get my hands on some of that lore, myself. :) I'll be submitting a character sheet to you sometime tomorrow (Sunday)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 am

How different is 3.5 from 4e? I've played 4e but never 3.5.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 pm
Profile WWW