View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

[Darwin's World] Savage World Edition Questions 

Post [Darwin's World] Savage World Edition Questions
I see you have both the player's handbook and the campaign guide for the Savage Worlds edition as a bundle, but you also have the players handbook (maybe both books?) bundled with Darwin's World 2 books. That leaves me with the following questions with regards to Darwin's World:

-- What books are required with Savage Worlds?
-- What books are recommended with Savage Worlds?
-- Are the supplements system neutral or are they more heavily d20?

Thanks!
Bob

Sat May 21, 2011 1:59 am
Site Admin

Post Re: [Darwin's World] Savage World Edition Questions
The "standard" version of DW is the d20 modern one. Anything without a qualifying system in the name (true 20, savage worlds) is d20 modern base.

The required books for savage worlds are the savage worlds survivor's handbook (for players) and the savage worlds campaign guide (for GMs). Also, you obviously need the savage worlds book from Peginc too.

At this point, all the other DW books in our catalog are d20 modern based. There might be come conversion coming, but there is not eta on that.

Sun May 22, 2011 1:11 am
Profile WWW

I want to place an order and am interested in print copies. Is it better for me to purchase the pdf bundle download then order the print versions? I would like the best price. At the moment I am seeing an offer for the SW campaign guide at $20 plus $10 shipping-- the shipping is a bit steep... Should I wait for a better deal? Should I team up with my friends to place a larger order to save on shipping?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:12 am
Site Admin

It's the same price either way, unless you already own the d20 version. Then it's cheaper to buy the discounted pdf and then upgrade to the print book.

Shipping (in the US) for 1 books is 5.95 for 1 book 10.95 for 2 or more. So, yeah, you can save on shipping if you buy more than 2 or more books. I always recommend buying 2 or more books because it's then shipped in a box and better protected. 1 book is shipped in a USPS priority mail envelope.

Note that my books are also on amazon, so if you can find a better shipping deal there, it might be cheaper.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile WWW