View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68  Next
 Middle-Earth (MERP) RPG (1-3 Openings) 

Post Re: MERP RPG (1 opening)
I just need to do something so I can cast spells and then I need to get my Intuition up high enough to help. A 68 IT is too low. I put the 90 from lowest stat into CON (the prime stat for Rangers), the 87 into Agi, and the 92 into STR. I put the 43 into IG, the 68 into IT, and I rolled a 63 for Appearance.

What do you suggest I take as a magic item for my background? I am imagining it being a family heirloom that dates all the way back to our Numenorian origins.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm

I wasn't there for the full discussion.....and since we were playing after the war, I didn't see that there would be a problem....but that is just my perceptions I guess....didn't know that people in LotR didn't allow people of cultures to try to redeem their culture in the eyes of the other cultures....so than, by what you said, no Wose or Barbarians either?

Ill send you a character once i get one done....

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Amaraxis wrote:
I wasn't there for the full discussion.....and since we were playing after the war, I didn't see that there would be a problem....but that is just my perceptions I guess....didn't know that people in LotR didn't allow people of cultures to try to redeem their culture in the eyes of the other cultures....so than, by what you said, no Wose or Barbarians either? Ill send you a character once i get one done....

Actually LOTR has a lot of racial stuff going on in it. The movies showed how Gandalf tried to reunite some of the old broken alliances. If you wish to play someone who is redeeming their culture, I shall permit that, but I meant no "evil" or "Mordor serving" men. Orcs/Trolls and the like are always out. I look forward to reading your background. There are barbarians and the like in the options I mentioned. Men of Dale, Mirkwood, Bree, Gondor and Arnor are all available, that's over a dozen options by themselves, plus dwarves, hobbits, Sindarian/Silvan elves.. not sure why you're having trouble finding a race.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 pm
Profile YIM

daddystabz wrote:
What do you suggest I take as a magic item for my background? I am imagining it being a family heirloom that dates all the way back to our Numenorian origins.

The question is how many background options do you want to spend on one greater magic item or do you want multiple lesser items? Or do you want to get a special ability and some lesser items? You can also get some extra skill ranks a stat bonus (see the background option tables). Lots of choices.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm
Profile YIM

I was more interested in a nice magic item than in increasing skill ranks or increasing a stat slightly. I am going to review the special abilities.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 pm

That's fine, I'm busy working on stuff for school and whatnot so if you want to ask a question either pm/email/post here or yahoo me.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
Amaraxis wrote:
I wasn't there for the full discussion.....and since we were playing after the war, I didn't see that there would be a problem....but that is just my perceptions I guess....didn't know that people in LotR didn't allow people of cultures to try to redeem their culture in the eyes of the other cultures....so than, by what you said, no Wose or Barbarians either? Ill send you a character once i get one done....

Actually LOTR has a lot of racial stuff going on in it. The movies showed how Gandalf tried to reunite some of the old broken alliances. If you wish to play someone who is redeeming their culture, I shall permit that, but I meant no "evil" or "Mordor serving" men. Orcs/Trolls and the like are always out. I look forward to reading your background. There are barbarians and the like in the options I mentioned. Men of Dale, Mirkwood, Bree, Gondor and Arnor are all available, that's over a dozen options by themselves, plus dwarves, hobbits, Sindarian/Silvan elves.. not sure why you're having trouble finding a race.

Sorry, having a really bad day at work...don't mean to come off like an @$$...

No, i had an idea for him when I saw that Haradrim were allowed....and its not that I have trouble finding a culture, just there are ones that are more interesting to me (Corsairs and Haradrim) and to me allow more roleplaying potential than playing someone noone has an issue with (you know what I mean). And of course...not an orc or troll....they just sux....

And I am trying to come up with an idea that will fit the group. My original idea in the other system won't work cause we have lots of casters (1/2 the group) but not one single piece of real muscle (no offense ranger-daddy)....all the others have people and overlap tends to cause issues in a game...

I'll see what I come up with....

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Amaraxis wrote:
And I am trying to come up with an idea that will fit the group. My original idea in the other system won't work cause we have lots of casters (1/2 the group) but not one single piece of real muscle (no offense ranger-daddy)....all the others have people and overlap tends to cause issues in a game...

I'll see what I come up with....

Rangers are excellent fighters, I've played MERP too and my Ranger kicked major butt with bow and blade, but its all how you wish to play. As I said if you want to play one of the former enemy allies/cultures, you can, but I need a background that convinces me. You'll have to overcome all the issues with the locals/NPCs too.

I can suggest up several good warrior options.

Dwarf of Durin's lineage (from Erebor or Iron Hills). Good examples: Gimili, Durin, Dain, Thorin etc.
Dunedain: Aragorn
Rohirrim: Eomer, Theoden, etc
Gondorian: Boromir, Faramir

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:41 pm
Profile YIM

My character is FINALLY completed! I spent HOURS planning him out and working on him. A special thanks to Lando for answering a few questions and for his suggestions.

He is accessible here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BymtIaGq4UAfNDUzMmUwYTgtYjRiZC00MGQ3LWE1OTYtMzZjODVmMmZmNjBk&hl=en

Equipment list with character portrait is here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BymtIaGq4UAfNjRhNDE4MmYtNmFjZi00Y2NhLThjYjItMzBiYWViM2Y2MGEz&hl=en

You can download them both there. If you notice any mistakes or anything please feel free to inform me.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:18 am

daddy - dont know if you used a program for this or what, but the thing I notice is that Ambush should only be +1 not + 5....other than that....nice toon....

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:41 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68  Next