View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
 Middle-Earth (MERP) RPG (1-3 Openings) 

Post Middle-Earth (MERP) RPG (1-3 Openings)
The War of the Ring has ended with its destruction in the fires of Mount Doom and the fall of Sauron and his Nine, however, Middle-Earth is far from free of evil. Orcs, Trolls, Dragons, Men and other evils still lurk and dwell in dark places and will give King Elessar much trouble for years to come.

Will you stand against the darkness and help thwart these evils? The 4th Age of Middle-Earth calls heroes like you forth!

Game will start in and around the area of Bree and the Barrowdowns. However, pcs need not be from Bree.

Game Time/Day: Saturday evenings 9-1 am EST.
Start Date: To be determined
Timeline: F.A 1
Game: MERP 2e rules with possible Rolemaster expansion later on.
House Rules: 100 gp to start (ignore 2 gp starting funds), you may pick your background options or roll them randomly. However, if you wish to combine them all into one mighty magic item/heirloom or the like, you must seek approval from me first. Also no Orcs/Trolls/Corsairs/Easterlings/Haradrim/Variags/Black Numenoreans as pc races. Noldor are also going to be rare. Sindar or Silvan elves ok, most other men and dwarves, hobbits are alright. Also you may reroll your attributes if they're all lower then 65 one additional time, keeping the results. Remember that you can replace your lowest stat with a 90 for your prime attribute. Also remember any stat below 20 can be rerolled at any time.

Sheets should be in .doc/.rtf/.txt or pc node files preferred, but the .xls file that trollblood offered will work too. Send me your completed sheets to my email at landothearchmagi at comcast.net.

PARTY
trollblood2008-Dwarven Animist
daddystabz-Dunedain Ranger
wysiwyg-Half-Elven Warrior
Amaraxis-Hobbit Burglar in the works
debo11-Nodor Elven Mage in the works
Storycrafter - Sindarian Bard in the works?
snowquilter-Woodman Scout in the works?

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:12 am, edited 11 times in total.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: MERP RPG (1 opening)
Given our party makeup I'm hoping Amaraxis rolls a warrior or maybe a bard.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 am

Quick question: I am coming up quickly on Part IV: The Gamemaster's Task (The World System). The next section is Part V: Building a character, which I am trying to quickly get to so I can construct my Ranger and get it submitted for approval. My question is this: Do I need to read Part IV The GM's Task? If it is not essential for a PC then I am going to skip it to get to constructing my character and then come back a bit later to read it.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 am

daddystabz wrote:
Quick question: I am coming up quickly on Part IV: The Gamemaster's Task (The World System). The next section is Part V: Building a character, which I am trying to quickly get to so I can construct my Ranger and get it submitted for approval. My question is this: Do I need to read Part IV The GM's Task? If it is not essential for a PC then I am going to skip it to get to constructing my character and then come back a bit later to read it.

You can read part IV either before or after part V. Part V is what you need to review for making a pc. Ignore the 2 gp under outfitting and give yourself 100 gp per my house rules, but everything else is pretty much the same. Although, if you want to combine background options into a special item or something run it by me or inquire. I got many examples I can help with.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile YIM

I'm gonna need the book for this....I acidentally deleted the one I downloaded when I was cleaning up my computer.....

As for character...it looks like there is everything (as far as I saw) so I will look over them and see which I want to do...

I will be Skype/Yahoo tonight...(monday)

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm

The book contains pre-mades versions of many characters if you want to grab one of those, rename it and run with it. If not, you can of course make your own custom one. You can order copies here for a reasonable price (it is where I ordered my softback copy): http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137418508_A_ManufacturerID_E_25_A_CategoryID_E_16_A_GenreID_E__A_Page_E_2_A_hidepictures_E__A_ItemsPage_E_10

I am now considering grabbing one of the near mint collector's edition hardbacks.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Amaraxis wrote:
I'm gonna need the book for this....I acidentally deleted the one I downloaded when I was cleaning up my computer.....As for character...it looks like there is everything (as far as I saw) so I will look over them and see which I want to do...I will be Skype/Yahoo tonight...(monday)

Email me and I'll get you the pdf when I get home from class tonight if no one else has fixed you up.

Having a printed book is useful, but being they're out of print, they're not cheap even used.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm
Profile YIM

The cheapest they have is $25.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I got the pdf from Trollie.....

gonna go over and maybe work up a toon tonight..

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 am

Does trollie live near you? I so wish some of you all lived near Columbus, Ohio.

I am going to read the character creation chapter tonight and try to get my guy done as well. I already read the first part about characters and how they are created but now I am going to read the character creationchapter proper. Right now I just finished the sections on action, static/moving maneuvers, order of actions in a combat round, etc. and I am currently reading about Resistance Rolls. Resistance Rolls have me thoroughly confused from the pathetic explanation in the book in this section.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next