View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Savage Worlds- Modern day game-anyone interested? 

Post Savage Worlds- Modern day game-anyone interested?
Looks like this isnt happening so I am closing this thread

Openrpg.com Moderator

Last edited by Daedalus on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:06 am

Post Re: Savage Worlds- Modern day game-anyone interested?
I'd be interested in playing, I don't think I have enough time to run a second game right now. I've never played Savage Worlds but I also fell in love with it when I read it. What sort of modern game were you thinking of? Spies, Action-movie stuff, or a more paranormal, X-Files/Dresden type of game?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:11 am

I run a Savage Worlds Zombie game currently. I been trying to run a second game of SW, because I have also have fell for the rules system, but I havent landed any interest. I tried recruiting for Hellfrost (fantasy in an ice covered world), Rippers (victorian monster hunters in the likes of Van Helsing), and Slipstream (Flash Gordon). I pretty much gave up and have been looking through Rogue Trader and Robotech 2ed.

But, depending on time and interest, I would run it. Though it will also depend on what "type" of modern you were thinking about.

I am actually interested in using one of their world settings, which I consider well done. But they arent our time modern.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 am

Quote:
I'd be interested in playing, I don't think I have enough time to run a second game right now.

That's fine. I can run since it doesn't seem like my other game is going to happen. It's possible

Quote:
I've never played Savage Worlds but I also fell in love with it when I read it

It's a great system. It has become my favorite system

Quote:
Quote:
What sort of modern game were you thinking of? Spies, Action-movie stuff, or a more paranormal, X-Files/Dresden type of game?

I have an idea for a Wanted like game as well as a paranormal game as well.

Plus I would entertain other ideas as well

Openrpg.com Moderator

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:59 am

ammocase wrote:
I run a Savage Worlds Zombie game currently.

Wish I had known about that. I would have loved to join the game.

[/quote] I been trying to run a second game of SW, because I have also have fell for the rules system, but I havent landed any interest. I tried recruiting for Hellfrost (fantasy in an ice covered world), Rippers (victorian monster hunters in the likes of Van Helsing), and Slipstream (Flash Gordon). I pretty much gave up and have been looking through Rogue Trader and Robotech 2ed.

But, depending on time and interest, I would run it. Though it will also depend on what "type" of modern you were thinking about.

I am actually interested in using one of their world settings, which I consider well done. But they arent our time modern.[/quote]

Well as for modern I have off the top of my head two game ideas, one is a paranormal/x-files game, the other is a WANTED style game.

That is off the top of my head. I would entertain other ideas.

Openrpg.com Moderator

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:10 am

Yeah, I am full with the zombie game at the present time. It actually started as an AFMBE game. Its actually on maptools, mostly because of the framework macros I found. It kind of changes things, makes it more action cinema, and makes the players really bad asses to another degree. You really need to add up wild cards, and throw in a lot of extras as henchmen, and throw in a lot of skill challenges so they can burn bennies to stand a chance in giving players a challenge, which I dont like doing too much since it kind of makes it a bit too cartooney for me. But I will be focusing on the importance of food and water logistics as opposed to who they are fighting as the "conflict" as the game continues on (which is really easy, systems always bug me when it comes to keeping track of food and water intake).

I tried to download the draw cards file for openrpg, but i couldnt get it to work. SW uses cards to draw for intiative. You can get away with just rolling a d12 as stated in the old rulebook, but I never tried it. I use maptools for this reason, since it allows you to draw cards, but it always messes up.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 am

Ok so far we have 2 people interested.

We need at least 4 to start. Any other interest?

Openrpg.com Moderator

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:54 pm

I'd like to join though I'm a complete newbie to the SW system, having only read through the rulebook without any real game time. I'm in GMT -7 and am available any day but Sunday and Wednesday.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:20 am

Pusher wrote:
I'd like to join though I'm a complete newbie to the SW system, having only read through the rulebook without any real game time. I'm in GMT -7 and am available any day but Sunday and Wednesday.

Your experience level is fine. What is GMT -7?

Openrpg.com Moderator

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 am

GMT -7 is Mountain Time

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:11 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next