View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New DM looking for 3 to 4 Players for DnD 3.5 

Post Re: New DM looking for 3 to 4 Players for DnD 3.5
Just for reference, Mortimer, from one DM to another: A few things in the Tome of Battle that need a little tweaking, if you do allow it at some point: White Raven Tactics is abuseable if more than one character has it, or if the party has a powerful spellcaster to benefit from it, so you might houserule it to not give extra turns (just changing an ally's position in the initiative count); Swooping Dragon Strike should have its Forittude save DC determined like other Tiger Claw maneuvers (DC of 10 + maneuver level + Strength bonus) instead of having its DC equal the initiator's Jump check; the Divine Surge and Greater Divine Surge maneuvers should probably have their damage dice changed (for some reason, Divine Surge deals 8d8 damage, far more than any other maneuver of similar level, while Greater Divine Surge deals just 6d8 despite being twice as high in level; considering other maneuvers of their respective levels, I tend to consider Divine Surge better at 5d8 damage, and Greater Divine Surge at 8d8, though I also tend to consider GDS's exchange rate for extra damage to be better at 1d8 per point of Constitution damage accepted by the initiator, rather than 2d8 per point), though Greater Divine Surge should still retain the capacity to increase its attack/damage bonus at the cost of Constitution damage to the initiator; the Adaptive Style feat should treat the newly-readied maneuvers as ready for use, even though it doesn't technically recover expended maneuvers, since it's vague in the book. I know there was talk online before about some kind of nasty combos with the Stormguard Warrior feat, but I haven't seen any problems with it myself, so I'm not sure what those supposed combos were.

Oh, and it's important to know that maneuvers are not readied in slots; you can't ready a maneuver more than once at a time, each of your readied maneuvers needs to be a different maneuver; they don't work like spell slots. This was addressed in Sage Advice in one of the last few printed issues of Dragon Magazine, and it's just a straight interpretation of the rules in the book (but I've noticed that people tend to think of maneuvers like spells, so they just assume that they can ready a maneuver in multiple slots, but they really can't by the ToB's rules).

These are probably the most important issues with the ToB that need clearing up or houseruling, at least in my experience. There are a few other vagaries in the text, but nothing else major, I think.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello, I would be interested in joining. Email me at messageboy3@hotmail.com.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Are we going to try and gather again the coming Friday, or earlier, Mortimer?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:03 am

Dusk001 wrote:
Are we going to try and gather again the coming Friday, or earlier, Mortimer?

I think I may have close to enough players, maybe 1 or 2 more at most. If you'd still like a spot arrive well before gametime (6pm Pacific)the coming friday (17th) and have a level 1 character near ready.

If you want to meet on Open at another time you can suggest to me a good time for you here or via email and maybe we can work something out.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:39 am

Luckily, I've got my character already rolled up. Were there any equipment prefs?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

All characters start with average gold for their class, spend it as you will.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:11 am

Going to try to get a game together again this 24th, we could use 2 to 3 more mature players if anyone is still interested?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 am

im up for it, but i have no 3.5 experience, so if it a problem let me know

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Interested in joining this group. Email me at kandocolostomybag@yahoo.com preferably with something in the subject about the game. Thank you.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next