View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:18 pm

Rise of the Runlords: Wednesdays 6pm GMT (RECRUITING CLOSED) 

Post Rise of the Runlords: Wednesdays 6pm GMT (RECRUITING CLOSED)
Looking for 4-5 players to run through the Paizo Rise of the Runelords adventure path. I will DM and we will of course be using OpenRPG.

I will allow all 3.5 Wizards of the Coast books save Tomb of Battle, Magic of Incarnum, Dragon Magic, Races of the Dragon, and setting specific books. Please try to avoid anything to aggressively cheesy, but do bear in mind the campaign is fairly difficult.

First Session: Due to an appointment in a different city on the first day it is possible I will not be able to make a 6pm start so the first session will begin at 7pm - though hopefully I will get on earlier, just want to ensure I am not late.

Character Creation:
1st level
36 point buy
You may use flaws from the SRD if you wish to - you may not use flaws from other sources.

Players Guide: Please download and read the Player's Guide available HERE for free from Paizo in PDF format - a print copy is $2. Its an excellent little PDF which will really help round out and fit your characters to the setting, etc.

Setting: The game takes place in Paizo's Golarion setting, and more specifically upon the continent of Varisia near to the city of Magnimar. The [url=http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Pathfinder_Wiki]Pathfinder Wiki] should be able to answer any questions you have about religion, etc.

Background: Play begins in the small town of Sandpoint with the PCs in town to attend the Swallowtail Festival (a ritual to consecrate the town's newly built Cathedral).

Website: We will be using the forums at THIS website to plan, distribute rewards and chat out of game time.

Last edited by Rellen on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Post Re: Rise of the Runlords: Wednesdays 6pm GMT
Already let you know via PM but for the record, I'm definately in.

I'll get the character concept sort and get back to you.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:43 am

Hey there

I have never played any of the Paizo settings, but this sounds like a fun game, if you need another person, would love to play.

I went to your website, but didn't find any info there, I will be downloading the players guide you linked to though.

How many people do you have so far, and what character classes are represented?

Looking forward to gaming with you,

Athos

Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Hey Athos, just look in the forums for info, in the campaigns forum there is the Rise of the Runelords thread which contains character creaqtion info, etc.

So far we have a Hexblade, and a Scout, and I believe one other whose class choice I don't yet know.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:07 pm

BTW

For those in the US like me, there is this handy converter:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

that for me shows 6pm GMT would be 11 AM for my time, PST.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:09 pm

I would love to play, but unfortunately that's not a good time for me.

Just fyi, I see you're running a Pathfinder game without using the Pathfinder RPG. You could still use the D&D 3.5 stuff since its compatiable, but I'm a little curious as to why you're not using it?

All the Pathfinder material is OGL and has a SRD.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:53 pm
Profile YIM

I've read it, well in the beta anyway, I don't like some of the changes though I approve of many, I love 3.5 - despite its flaws - and I don't want to spend the time to get familiar enough with it to confidently DM. I probably will eventually get round to it, but not for this campaign.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm debating between a Wizard or Paladin, though I prefer the Pathfinder's paladin version which could be found from the wiki

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Wizard and Paladin are both fine, but we are using 3.5 material not Pathfinder I am afraid. Personally I think that 3.5 paladins are bad ass, Complete Champion gave them a huge power boost.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:51 pm

I just don't like that a paladin's smite is a one hit wonder that could whiff and thus wasted.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 pm