View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 New Pathfinder Game for Thursday Nights, Pacific Time 

Post New Pathfinder Game for Thursday Nights, Pacific Time
My friend Nathan Martin said he will be running a Pathfinder game on Thursday nights, 8pm pacific.

Yes, I know this is pretty late for you east coasters, but that is when he can run it.

He asked me to post the following info :

Characters will start at 4th level, and will be allowed a 25 point epic fantasy ability buy.

It is set in the homebrew world of Allabastaria which he created.

Players will be explorers trying to reconnect and search out new towns and peoples throughout the land.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Post Re: New Pathfinder Game for Thursday Nights, Pacific Time
Allabastaria

The world is called Allabastaria, people don't venture far from thier home villages. Strangers are feared and distrusted. It's a world of unknowns and dangers out beyond the edge of town. It's safer to stick with what you know than to risk the unknown wilderness.

At least for most people, but there are a few adventurous souls that go out and look for other villages and towns. When they find them, if they survive the wilderness, they can create trade routes, which are few and far between. This benefits both settlements and they grow.

History is, 3,000 years ago, a meteor hit the planet, at least the other side of it, broke the world, and sent tsunamis all over the continent, only a few survivors were left, these eventually bred, and recreated the world, they stayed to themselves, to terrified of what they'd find out in the world. They feared that the gods were unhappy with them, and so they became reclusive. The attitude has stayed until this day. Few are the people that trust those in neighboring villages, even fewer are those that trust people of different races and religions. Prejudice and Fear ruled the world for thousands of years.

This is the age of exploration. People are finally starting to wonder what is out there. No one really remembers the Old Kingdom, except for a few fables and ancient tales. It was a kingdom of trade and technology that spanned the world. But now it is gone. Few are the relics from that time, fewer still the items of their technology that still work. Now, there is no government to speak of, towns and villages rule themselves.

People tend to abide by three rules though, regardless of where you are :

1. No Murder
2. No theft
3. No cheating

Without maps, without roads, without merchants, there is little trade. That is slowly changing though. A few have the vision of reuniting the world again, and this must start somewhere. So they grab their gear, take a few friends and head out into the wilderness looking for what they can find.

Due to each town/city being allowed to evolve at thier own pace/style for 3,000 years, each city is different; different customs, people, issues, problems, there may be some similar ones, ones with technology beyond others, and some still stuck behind.

This is the world you start out in. Do you take the challenge and venture out into the wild ?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:22 pm

I'd be willing to take that challenge.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:07 am

Interested but got question or two.

What deities are in this world?

Are the PC all from one town or just happen to meet each other while out exploring?

All races available?

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:04 am

Me, DM here, and to answer your questions, yes, all Races available, you can choose to come from the same town or not, but, for the most art, just a random chance of meeting up, also, I need a reason as to why you left the sanctity of your village, as for Dieties, I am using the Greek Gods, but, history, names, and even sometimes domains vary from civilization to civilization. Zeus, Hera are Adam and Eve, the parents of mortals, there is more background that I will release in more snippets, but for the most part, most of the gods are the same.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:17 am

Hey, wait a minute. I hope you aren't going to use the 'Hades is evil' interpretation!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 am

No, The allighnments and Domains of each god I'm using, and the common misconception of each god (if any) are as follows; a lot of gods have the Knowledge domain, due to gods gaining power from feasting from the Fabled "Tree of Knowledge" each fruit bearing forth a unique power, gods who do not possess the Knowledge Domain are not the true children of Adam and Eve, and are once mortals who sought this tree, and feasted on it's fruit.

Aphrodite: CN : Love is a wild force, one that can strike anyone and anything at anytime. It not something that can be tamed, the goddess of Love, Magic, and Power.

Adam (Zues): TN : The father of man, the god of Knowledge, Power, Runes, and Air.

Eve (Hera): CG : The Mother of man, the goddess of Knowledge, Power, History, Family, and Protection.

Apollo (Ra): CN : The god of the sun, the banisher of the night, The god of The Sun, Poetry, Fire, and Knowledge.

Ares: CE : The god of war, suffering, and pain.

Poseidon: LG : The god of the Sea, Water, Storms, Destruction, Animals, and Knowledge.

Hades (Death) : TN : The god of Neutrality, Death, Afterlife, and Earth.

(Note on Hades: Hades is the god of the AFTERLIFE in original mythos, he's not the god of death, and even the god of death was a neutral god, "Death has no sides, death takes both good and evil, it takes both guilty and innocent, it is not a force that cares, it is a force that collects on the debt of life. Death has no friends, no Favorites, death takes no sides." - Nico D. ))

Artemis: CG : The goddess of Innocence, Healing, Night, Animals, and Knowledge.

(( Note on Artemis, only females may worship her, she does not answer to the prayers of men, nor does she concern herself with them ))

Athena: LN : Goddess of War, Tactics, Crafting, History, Runes, and Knowledge.

Terranos (Deaths Keeper) : TN : The god of Death, Law, Chaos, and Plants.

(( Notes on Terranos, he is simply a force, in order to collect, he must take a retainer, every 500 years, in a certain village, he holds a festival, one with a multitude of tests, the one who passes them all becomes the next god of death ))

Demeter : CN : The goddess of Plants, Seasons, Healing, Good, Law, Animals, and Love.

Hephaestus: LG : The god of crafting, fire, knowledge, earth, and Dwarves.

Hermes : NG : The god of healing, traveling, thieves, treasure, knowledge, and anything one can tie to roads.

Hestia (Hearth Mother) : NG : The goddess of protection, food, home, fire, and knowledge.

There are many more gods, just, I don't think I have the time tonight to place them all on here. But, about the Tree of Knowledge, I will not allow players to find/take of the fruit, not until I know them better.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:42 am

Starting HP and gold?

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:19 am

Character Creation Rules are as Follows;

25 Point Buy, level 4, anything from the PFSRD, unless it is 3rd Party, then a link must be provided, and I must give my approval. Starting gold is what you roll x2; Armor is half off, HP is rolled normally. You may have ONE magic item of value less than 3,000 GP.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 am

What you rolled times two? Isn't the starting roll for 1st-level characters, not 4th-level? I don't think a 4th-level character can even really use 350 gold, even with the armor discount.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next