View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 am

RECRUITING Any interest in a 3E D&D game on Fridays? 

Post Re: RECRUITING Any interest in a 3E D&D game on Fridays?
Facebook, MySpace, etc. basically make their money by selling peoples' personal information and spying on their users. I hate that on principle, just like I hate the pirating of RPG products online and such. I dunno how Twitter supports its site, off the top of my head, but I'm not sure Twitter would be the best place for posting game notices, discussing loot divvies, recruiting new players when necessary, etc. I don't know anything about Skype other than that it's some kind of voice-chat program, and I prefer the chat-logs in OpenRPG for recording stuff said and done and rolled in the game. I'll check on it, but unless Skype has some kind of forum-equivalent or text-based instant messenger thing, I'm unlikely to bother with it.

Also, while it may have just been the cheap-o microphone I used years ago when playing MechCommander online, I think my voice sounds kinda nasally or higher-pitched over a microphone for some reason. Which is odd, but then, I didn't do much voice-chatting with Clan Ghost Bear during our MechCommander battles or while strategizing between matches, so I dunno.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 am

I keep forgetting to give Skype or EpicWords or whatnot a closer look, but I'll get around to it at some point. For now I am going to use the EN World forums like I used to do. The site's been rebuilt, though it still runs slowly as usual. I'll create a Rhunaria: Defenders of Delacroix thread on the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum of EN World sometime this week for purposes of posting game-notices and such.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Another forum: http://community.roll20.net/categories/looking-for-group

Happy New Year, everyone ;)

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Just in case anyone still checks these forums, we are still recruiting for the campaign, now running on Saturdays at 6 pm Pacific. At this point any new PCs would enter at 6th-level with 22,000 XP and 6,500 gold pieces in starting wealth. Any amount of that starting wealth may be spent on a single item if desired. Please refer to the first page of this thread, and my campaign wiki, for further character creation info and such. The current party includes a dwarven wizard/Golemist, a dark elf wizard, and a human rogue/ranger/fighter/dragon shaman/Exile. The party's just lost their goblin rogue and already lost their dwarven barbarian and halfling shaman a month or two ago, so they could really use another 2 or 3 allies.

The primary recruiting/info thread for this campaign is currently on EN World, but it doesn't hurt to post here anyway just in case.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 am