View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

Is OpenRPG dead? 

Post Is OpenRPG dead?
I know Mayhem is on Traipse now, so are there any games on OpenRPG?

If so, where are they? The "adult" server?

With the death of blackstar, did OpenRPG die as well?

If I had decent internet instead of satellite, I would host an OpenRPG server, but with satellite, I don't have the bandwidth...

Give me a shout if you are out there on OpenRPG and still running games,

thanks,

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Post Re: Is OpenRPG dead?
Since blackstar went down things have moved to the adult and mayhem server. Population is still good I think.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 am

Yeah, things have just migrated to other servers. Even DevII is getting some love again.

Also some people are either unwilling (myself) or genuinely unable to run Traipse, at least at this point; and Mayhem's general population appears to have taken a hit since the switch to a Traipse-only server.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:01 am

Ya, Mayhem and Blackstar are where I always played...

Tried twice to run Traipse, once it caused all kinds of problems, once I couldn't even get it to install correctly, so that is not really something I want to screw with some more; which means Mayhem is kind of out for me as long as they are on their Traispe only kick. Feel the force Mini, go back to OpenRPG :)

I haven't seen Dev II up, maybe I just need to log on more. The "adult" server is the only one that looked like it was getting business when I was on, and I am too old for that kind of teenage nonsense.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

For traipse, I'd ask: Have you uninstalled python and the wypython (or wx or whatever) and installed the newest versions? If you're trying to just upgrade to Traipse without doing these updates you may be in trouble there. Also, if you have other copies of traipse/open, the python problem may have caused the installation to have failed somewhere.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm

For the time being I am hosting an Athos 1.8 server indefinitely or until I cannot host it anymore. It is for Athos and any others who need a server but cannot seem to run traipse. I do hope that everyone eventually is able to get onto Traipse/Pious Paladin.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Yay for Mini !!!

lol, you didn't have to call it "Athos" though, that was very nice of you,

I will try and get a pickup game going this week, if anyone is interested, I am taking requests, can do D&D 2nd or 3.5, or Rifts as GM.

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have classes at night, but other days are good.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Athos

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Newp, just gotta move on over to Traipse and you get to see all the old friends.

Either that, or you can keep holding on to a deprecated version til youre playing by yourself.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:05 am
Profile ICQ YIM

Starmage21 wrote:
Newp, just gotta move on over to Traipse and you get to see all the old friends.

Either that, or you can keep holding on to a deprecated version til youre playing by yourself.

If traipse worked, it wouldn't be a problem...

There is no professionally done software in the world that fails to install as often as traipse does, that is just a lack of commitment on putting out good software.

When bells and whistles become more important than fundamental issues like installing and working, then there is a problem, and I don't want to deal with it.

Never had that problem with OpenRPG, it installs and works, like it is supposed to...

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Because I'm fairly certain this is a PEBKAC issue, i'd be happy to provide technical support, and help get you up to speed. You already have my IM names.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM