View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Palladium Fantasy (Recruiting 1) 

Post Palladium Fantasy (Recruiting 1)
I'm going to be starting up a Palladium Fantasy RPG set in the Eastern Territory, around the city of Haven/New Haven to start with. I currently have 4-5 players, so that leaves one opening at the moment.

I would like to start by Friday June 15th, 2012 if possible. That gives everyone over two weeks to get characters made/approved.

Day: Friday June 15th, 2012
Session #1
Game Time: 9:00 pm to 12:00 am
Room:
Server: Adult Roleplaying Server
Backup: Unshaped

Party
Eric-?
Alan-?
Danni-?
GT-?
Paul-?
Open-?

RULES
Core: Palladium Fantasy RPG 2nd edition
Sourcebooks: Adventures on the High Seas, Eastern Territory, Western Empire, Wolfen Empire, LoD 1, The Baaglor Wastelands, Northern Hinterlands and some others.

Character Level: 1st
Stats: roll 4d6 for humans, takes highest 3, reroll 1's, Non humans are specific for them. No demons/monsters/evil races.
Alignments: Non evil.
Starting Gear: Per OCC/RCC with possible weapons/armor and such approved by me.
Starting Funds: Maximum starting funds.
Character sheets should include background/story leading upto your arrival into the Eastern Territory of Haven. Sheets should be in rtf, word or pdf format for readability/printing. I have good sheet files if needed. I also have OpenRPG nodes.
Email completed pcs: landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @, no spaces.

Sun May 27, 2012 12:04 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Palladium Fantasy (Recruiting 1)
Nods

Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 am

If my class schedule is permitting, I might be able to rejoin.

Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 am
Profile ICQ YIM

I tend to favor non-humans (not because they have better attributes, but because of other things)...but I was wondering some things.

1) for other races, are 3d6 rolls done the same way as the 3d6 rolls for humans (IE: 4d6 keep 3 and reroll 1's)?

2) In your setup, rolls of 16 and higher on a 3d6 are going to be a lot more common for humans at least, do the exceptional attribute rolls still hold?

3) did you decide whether some version of the Crystal Knight was available...if only at level 6?

Additional question: If rolling a non human race with different dice, do we still get to roll again any die that rolls a 1?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:46 am
Profile YIM

Currently the Crystal Knight OCC is not approved, I've yet to have any time to really go over the various writeups done by yourself and others. I think playing something per the rulebooks would be in your best interest.

You may reroll 1's whether you're human or non human. Exceptional abilities are per the PFRPG 2nd edition rules.

I've gotten 3 pcs, but haven't had anytime to review them due to family emergencies, job interviews and grad school work. I hope to start on the 15th, if I get four to six sheets by the 12th or so.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm
Profile YIM

Understood about the Crystal Knight (considering changing the name of the class...but that is another question). I still want to finish it so it is right...

So only humans get the 4d6 keep lowest, but everyone gets to drop rolls of 1 and reroll, thank you for the clarification.

I have a Coyle Mind Mage I can recycle...after looking over the book and considering, a Mind Mage is simply better at any level we are likely to reach.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 pm
Profile YIM

Unfortunately, life continues to throw curveballs my way and I am going to have to postpone the game for another week. Hopefully I can review the pcs submitted by next week and if anyone else wants to join you can drop a pc my way.

Day: Friday June 22nd, 2012
Session #1
Game Time: 9:00 pm to 12:00 am
Room: Palladium Fantasy
Server: Unshaped
Backup: Adult Roleplay

Party
Eric-Human Knight
Alan-Mind Mage
GT-Mind Mage
Rob-Elven Assassin in review
Paul-Diabolist in review

RULES
Core: Palladium Fantasy RPG 2nd edition
Sourcebooks: Adventures on the High Seas, Eastern Territory, Western Empire, Wolfen Empire, LoD 1, The Baaglor Wastelands, Northern Hinterlands and some others.

Character Level: 1st
Stats: roll 4d6 for humans, takes highest 3, reroll 1's, Non humans are specific for them. No demons/monsters/evil races.
Alignments: Non evil.
Starting Gear: Per OCC/RCC with possible weapons/armor and such approved by me.
Starting Funds: Maximum starting funds.
Character sheets should include background/story leading upto your arrival into the Eastern Territory of Haven. Sheets should be in rtf, word or pdf format for readability/printing. I have good sheet files if needed. I also have OpenRPG nodes.
Email completed pcs: landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @, no spaces.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile YIM

Hmmm, well if we have another Mind Mage, I may need to come up with a different character. Two in a party is a bit much.

Sorry about the delay. Hope things start going better for you.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile YIM

AlanGunhouse wrote:
Hmmm, well if we have another Mind Mage, I may need to come up with a different character. Two in a party is a bit much.

Sorry about the delay. Hope things start going better for you.

Nonsense! You can never have enough Mind-Mages!

I'll shoot a summoner over to Lando as soon as I know I can count on my Fridays again.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

It is not a matter of how useful mind mages are, it is a question of logic. There are possibly 1000 mind mages in all the Palladium world (well perhaps a few more or less, but that is my best guess), the odds of two of them, both with relatively little experience, being in the same place at the same time are pretty long.

Still, if we do both remain Mind Mages, we should compare notes so we do not overlap too much.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next