View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Recruiting for game, what should I run? 

Post Re: Recruiting for game, what should I run?
So...what, if anything, was decided? I tried to get on around 10 but by then I guess the discussion was over.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Basically about a group of scavengers that are among the last surviving members of humanity. Their plan is simple: run away to live another day from the bizarre undead monsters that roam the earth looking for food. They technically count as zombies, but only in the sense that they are animate corpses whose victims become animate corpses, but you don't really know how they do it. Trust me when I say they share very little with any other concept of zombies I've personally read or seen. Humanity has its resistance, but most are holed up inside shelters. The undead will be a driving force, but the plot and story will more be about the character's motivations and their interactions with other survivors than an actual straight up survival story. Plus, traveling the land for spare parts will always bring you to new places and interesting people.

However, that's what we've got so far. I do plan to set up another session at some point to further work on it and get more people in on the discussion. I will allow discussions to subtract as well as add concepts, since I was kind of hasty with last night. However, I wanted something to happen and so it did. Just remember not all that much is actually set in stone yet, just so you know.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 am

At this point, I find it kind of silly to even bother setting up a group discussion, so if people want to just throw some times at me, that's probably fine with me. If I'm home, I'm usually not doing anything and it's a lot easier to hear stuff from people at any given time. That being said, you can also just post interesting concepts here and I'll add as it interests me. I know this is kind of an odd way of doing things, but I'm trying to both move this along at a decent pace and make sure people don't just jump ship.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:20 am

As mentioned before, during the week I can get around at 9pm Eastern. As long as we pick a day, and any 5 will do.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:32 am

I'm good any night except Thursday next week and Tuesdays for the three weeks after that. I have summer classes for college and one of them is doing this rotating 4-hour session crap once a week.

If we're going to be going with Wild Talents though...any notes on character creation? I'd like to start delving into the book, but making any sort've character requires knowing how many points are available to use.

I'm just excited to see this thing move along too I guess :D

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 pm

As of now, I'm not sure Wild Talents will work, so I'm really not sure what system we'll be using. Pretty much any generic system would work, so we'll see what happens.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Okay, I'm just going to set something up on next Wednesday. Let's break this down by: Early morning, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Late night. Give your options, you whoever is reading this, and then we'll break it down by who can or can't. Then we'll figure out the details then. I've learned the error of my ways in that being open minded apparently is a terrible idea :p.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I'll be there tonight, 9 eastern (or probably slightly before.)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm actually not going to be able to run this anymore. Not for lack of interest, but I find my time lacking quite recently. I apologize to anyone who might have had a passing interest, but it's just not going to work.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:15 pm

I might still be interested if there is room. I will drop by on Wednesday to see if it's going. ^_^

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:22 pm