View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Ark's Sunday Pathfinder: Jade Regent 

Post Re: Ark's Sunday Pathfinder: Jade Regent
Hey there

My family just decided to take me out to lunch to celebrate Veterans Day (since I am a vet :)

Anyways, sorry for the late notice, but I probably won't be back in time for the game today.

See you all next week

Dan / Dargo the sorcerer

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Yeah that's me in openrpg

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Anyone know if we will have a game tomorrow, 11/18 ?

I can be there, but don't want to waste the day waiting if there is no game :(

Dan / Dargo the Sorcerer

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Unless half or more of the group fails to show up, we'll have a game. Even if I have to NPC roughly half the group. We ran last week with part of the group present after some waiting around.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 am

Keep in mind, folks, that the OpenRPG forums will be shutting down sometime in the near future (Chris hasn't specified when), so we'll have to start using a different forum to organize and post notices etc. I would suggest we use EN World's Gamers Seeking Gamers forum, where I can start a thread for this game, but I dunno about the rest of you. I won't use any of those social media sites because I don't like their data-mining and junk. I don't use RPGnet anymore cuz of the jerks over there. So EN World is my first choice for recruiting and game-update threads.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am

I have had bad experiences with EN World and their gestapo admins... apparently it is not alright to have the opinion that 4th ed. sucks and actually voice it on their forum. But for your game, I will make an exception and go to the forum for gamers seeking gamers, if that is what is required. :)

The game must go on...

Did they say why they are shutting down this, the OpenRPG forum? Seems like they could get a few more admins to help out, I know I would be willing to donate a half hour a day to helping with admin functions.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Just check the sticky post at the top of each forum here. They're gonna take down the forums and the OpenRPG homepage (though apparently replacing it with some simple page of links to certain resources or whatever, like Traipse).

The edition wars got pretty heated on EN World and RPGnet for awhile, as I recall, and several people got banned or warned for being argumentative or just rekindling edition wars there with blatant rips on 3E/4E/whatever-edition. I know they got a little too heavy-handed in dealing with that, but there really was a lot of vitriol and flamewarring going on over 4E versus 3E, so it was getting on everyone's nerves. Yet still, RPGnet has more open spite and vitriol without any admin interference (instead just admin favoritism towards some folks), so I avoid RPGnet these days.

If there are any other suggestions, go ahead and bring 'em forward.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:58 am

Hey there

My little brother had a nervous breakdown; he is in the hospital and things are pretty crazy here right now. Trying to help with his 5 kids and stuff... since he is refusing to take any medication, this could be a problem.

At least for tomorrow, I won't be able to make the game. Please NPC Dargo for this week.

Gosh, it's been one thing after another...

See you guys next week I hope, I need the game for stress relief :)

Dan / Dargo the sorcerer

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Understood. Good luck with your brother and his kids.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Looks like I can make it but I'm going to be an hour late.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next