View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

Looking to join 1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition D&D game, will host 

Post Looking to join 1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition D&D game, will host
Hey, I'm looking to either join a campaign, or if no one else wants to DM I will host one. I have all the books and a few extras as well. I have a stash of modules to go by. Medium will be OpenRPG, latest version. No alignment/race/class restrictions. If you want to play out an obscure character just PM me and I'll give you the okay.

Just a few details on me.

Prefered alignment(s): Lawful or Chaotic Good.

Favored class: Paladin.

Favored campaign setting: Forgotten Realms.

Favored Deities: Lathander and Illmater.

Favored Race: High Elf

Favored D&D Edition: 2nd, or combined 1st and 2nd.

If I host....we will likely start at 4th-6th level depending on which module I decide to run first. I have a dungeon I made myself that I'm utterly dying to try with a group of people so we may open up with that. Roleplaying is highly encouraged. I do not forbid any alignments and if everyone wants to have variable alignments I can adapt to it. However, if you choose to play evil in a mostly good party or vice versa be prepared for potential consequences (if everyone wants to have an evil party I will gladly accommodate you. In fact I have some great ideas for an evil campaign. Mwahaha! :) )

Let's have a shout out. I want at least two people. Other people I can add in after we start if others want to join. I can do most weekends. Let's hear it if you want in or have a campaign for me to join.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Post Re: Looking to join 1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition D&D game, will
Hey there

I like 2nd edition and 3.5...

I prefer sorcerers and wizards for my class, human for my race, and usually go neutral, but will go evil if everyone else wants that. Sorry, but I can't call my character good if he goes into "monster's" homes, kills them and takes their treasure... to me that is more neutral :) 4th to 6th level is great, I enjoy everything but very low levels... I just don't get into one hit and my wizard is dead, or being able to cast just one spell per day, but at 4th to 6th level, that is not generally a problem.

I have openrpg 1.8, not sure what you are calling the latest openrpg,

Monday is the best night for me, or weekends are good as well.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 pm

I too am looking to join a game or campaign. I am an old AD&D 2 player and Forgotten Realms is a well known world. Although I wouldn't mind something new or different.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Well that was quick! So, how do you two feel about the idea of an evil campaign? I have a few things in mind. Chaotic Neutral is also welcomed. I want to take a few things from various campaigns and combine them (if evil, the players will be brought together under the cult of the Elder Elemental Eye. Yes, I am going to steal from Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, only reverse things. Instead of fighting the cult, you will BE the cult! ;) ). However, majority of cities used will be forgotten realms (I am going to place the region the has the temple, moathouse, and Hommlet near Amn. My custom made dungeon will also be near the region of Amn. Depending on the survival of the party, we may very well end up all the way into the Spine of the World (where I shall take a few things from the Icewind Dale computer game! Hah!).

If this sounds interesting, I can do character gen and opening any weekday this week, even tonight if you wish (one of you mentioned Monday nights being best, character gen will take some time and I'd rather jump headfirst into things once we officially set our cycle).

After this week, however, I will need to do weekend afternoons or Saturday nights until my home internet connection is up and running again, by which time I will have some more flexibility. Some weekends will not be doable. We can work things out. Let me know.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Also, I will adapt sorcerers, anti-Paladins, and Evil Clerics (must have deity fitting campaign, either Elder Eye or close allied evil God to him) Assassins as classes (highly recommend them), and I will also allow people to play as Tieflings. :) Anti-Paladins and Cavaliers (also allowed) will be based off the original Gary Gygax Unearthed Arcana book. It's my favorite version by far. I'm here until 8 (EST).

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:48 pm

well My DM is looking for Players for his sunday game.

also my self and another player are looking for Weekday game. Monday threw thursday work for both of us.

we also play Evil PC's however i'm good with evil and or good parties my self.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I would be interested in an AD&D game. Monday, Tuesday, Wed and Thursday are good after 8pm eastern

Mon May 21, 2012 1:04 am

Sounds like several of us are intrested in a game any chance we can get a DM for 2e AD&D?

Tue May 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Necro-posting in the hopes that this game is still alive! ^_^

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm running a FR game on Saturday nights at 10:30pm eastern. If interested, need skype or AIM info

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 am