View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 am

Robotech 2nd Ed: Mercs -- 2 Games Wensdays & Thursdays 

Post Robotech 2nd Ed: Mercs -- 2 Games Wensdays & Thursdays
Hi,, I wish to Run a Robotech Second Edition Game set in 2028, in the period of the Army of the Southern Cross's tenure as the worlds main defense force and protectors and oppresors at the same time... Though using the 2nd edition of the RPG, the world setting is mostly as the 1st edition game's. the 1st Eddition books are required to play my game as i've converted many of the original 1st edition Mech to 2nd Edtion.... the vehicles and occs, with the exception of Humanoid Invid and Invid Experiments, from the Second Edition New Generation Book, are Available as well...

Some Notes About My Game:

----The Stay Behind UEDF is Still Around, it is smaller then the ASC and only has a Few Major Bases, but many, many smaller bases, it operates from..... they have a semi-not so friendly rivaly with the ASC.... The Stay Behind UEDF Operates the Newer UEEF Style Mecha, albeit Nuclear Powered, since the UEEF Took the lions share of Protoculture supplies with it.

----The Rogue Zentraedi are still around in numbers and a threat... In north amereica Rogue zentraedi are confinded to the Arkansas Protectorate, and Wasteland areas ... In south America thare are still many in the Zentraedi Control Zone Backed by the power of of the city of Manaus... Many are still active also in the African Congo, and South East Asia and Borneo, and many operate in the European and Asian Wastelands....

----Full-Sized and Micronized Zentraedi are Availble as Player Characters... Zentradi can Be either First Generation cloned Zents, or Second Generation Naturally born ones (max starting age of 16 for the later).

----Half Zentraedi are Available as Well, but i have my own special rules for em, their maximum starting age is 16 years old...

----Tirolian Chars are Available too, but are limited to Tirolian Legionares, they aren't part of the master's invasion fleet (that don't happen till 2030) but were a part of the garrison troops of the Robotech Factory the UEDF Captured..... it was decided to thaw them out of stasis and fit them into human society..... some have gone rebel, while some are productive citizens, and Some Have Joined the UEDF.

----Half Tirolians are also Available as PCs, like Half Zents i have my own special Rules for em, and their maximum starting Age is 16....

----The UEG does not control the Earth, only 30% of it... there are scores of small independant nations called, coloquially.... Baronies, these vary from just democracys who want no part of the UEG to draconian dictatorships who want no part of the UEG....

----The Eastern Bloc Soviet Independant State (E.B.S.I.S. for short) and Argentine Merchant Republic are the most powerful Independant states

----Mercenarinare are common, and so are international wars, Even the UEDF and ASC hire the more reputable mercs as auxiliaries for situation that either require some deniability, or dangerous situations they do not wish to spend their own troops in...

----the older, Macross Mecha are still around in numbers (because the factories for em were spread out all over the globe, they fell into many sessionist nations' hands).... Note that since every tom dick and harry had the UEDF Mecha, it prompted the UEDF/UEEF and ASC to switch out and design new types.... The Macross mecha, E.B.S.I.S. and Merchant Republic Mecha, and (Modified) Zentraedi Mecha are the most comman mecha in independant hands... Some UEEF and ASC mecha have fallen into independant hands as well, but ususally are stolen, or salvaged and rebuilt (Sometime varying from their original design specs when rebuilt)...

----Large tracts of land are unclaimed by any one power... and are designated "International Territories", in exactly the same way the oceans in pre war times were designated international waters....

----The PCs will play the role of Soldiers of Fortune for the Good Guys, fighting for the little guy, and thumbing their noses at the jack-booted ASC.

Last edited by Falcon79 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am

Post Re: Robotech: Solos of Fortune
Sounds interesting, I'm possibly game. So what day/time were you considering for this?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
Sounds interesting, I'm possibly game. So what day/time were you considering for this?

Wendsday, 7-8 PM Central, 8-9 PM Eastern or Thursdays 8:30 central, 9:30 PM Eastern

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm interested in joining, but I can't manage wendsdays. Already have a game that evening.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Wednesdays would be better for me since I got classes on Thursdays until 9 pm and might soon be working again so couldn't play much Thurs night if it ended up being a late start.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:12 am
Profile YIM

Hey Thinking of going with first edition for simplicity, want thoughts on that though
:?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:28 am

Would Tuesday or Monday work better for everyone?

And I definatly perfer second edition. it's much better In my opinion.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:01 am

I would be interested for either night. 2nd edition of Southern Cross is nice, would love to play it. (have but haven't had chance to play)

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 am

Arelius111 wrote:
I would be interested for either night. 2nd edition of Southern Cross is nice, would love to play it. (have but haven't had chance to play)

I have Decided to do Two Seperate Games: Invid Invasion on Wendsday, and 2nd Edition Southern Cross on thursday to acomidate both Lando and Nekira, and as well Arelius

Invid Invasion Game will be Return of the Masters Setting

Cool contact me at Panzerfaust630@yahoo.com on Yahoo IM or Panzerfaust630@live.com on MSN IM

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 am

Post Re: Robotech 2nd Ed: Mercs -- 2 Games Wensdays & Thursdays
Thank you.
I will probably go CDU but not 100% there.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 am