View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

New Fantasy Skirmish / Wargame Playtesting & Design 

Post New Fantasy Skirmish / Wargame Playtesting & Design
Back around 2007 I was in the process of designing a fantasy miniature skirmish game called AC: Skirmish that was to be used on OpenRPG. At the time and I was hoping to have it be a compliment to the wonderful software here. Unfortunately life called and I had to go deal with it. Regardless, I set the game aside, knowing I would be back to finish it. And finally, that has become a reality. I started the design process back up last summer, and the system is pretty much set to go and ready for playtesting. So yeah, I am looking for players (and feedback)!

So, like the subject says, I am looking for help. All sorts of help ranging from playtesting, research / development / design, editing, artwork, PHP Coders, and OpenRPG specific help (nodes and stuff) and more. Basically, I have nearly reached the end of my rope and what I am capable of on my own, and to further this project I need your help. As far as OpenRPG goes, I have not used the system since 2007. I have been playing around with it a bit the past few days, and it don't look like there has been any huge changes or anything.

As for the game itself, it is designed for both online (via OpenRPG) and offline use. It is a fantasy skirmish based game (you handle individual units, not large formations). Though it is a miniature game, it combines some CCG aesthetics (you do not use cards, only some ideas and mechanics from card games) for a unique spin on an old idea. The game has really been in the creation process since 1999, but was only focused on in short spurts as time allowed.

If you are interested, either reply here, or send me a PM. I do have a forum setup that contains all of the game info thus far, and allows me / us a place to discuss things. You could also go there and sign up (link below). Keep in mind that things are rough at this point, which is why I am looking for finishing help. Thanks! Hope to see you there.

-Morgan (Trip)
-http://www.acskirmish.com

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:52 pm