View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

3.5 or PF Ravenloft or Dragonlance game wanted!!!! 

Post 3.5 or PF Ravenloft or Dragonlance game wanted!!!!
I was wondering if there was anybody out there who would be interested in a 3.5 or PF rules Dragonlance or Ravenloft game. I would play or run if there was someone more qualified to gm it, but I have had this craving for so long and I can't hold it in. I really want to do this, and I am mostly inclined to play but I know I might have to gm. Anybody, please?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:15 am

Post Re: 3.5 or PF Ravenloft or Dragonlance game wanted!!!!
Would you be available Sundays? If so, then, that'd be perfect, I don't know anything about the ravenloft setting or any of the other mentioned settings, but I do know a lot about PF, I have a world, a home brewed world if you'd be interested.

A group of wizards, known as the Red Hands, were trying to fine tune the spell "Wish" to make it so that they can do w/e they want with it. ANYTHING, but, something happened and they couldn't control the surge of magic that cameforth, and it ripped their bodies apart. The magic surged forwards, but, what no one knows is that the spell worked, on a massive scale, but, what they didn't anticipate is that, it was alive. People call strands of the spell "Spell Plague" because whoever enter it, either come out changed, or not at all.

The spell surged outwards, changing everything and acting almost like a nuke, I have a map, but it's handrawn, need to put it onto my comp. But, two of the most major noticeable changes to the land is "The Stone Forest" were every plant that grows is made of stone, but somehow grows as if they were still plants. and "The Appostrium Mountians" which didn't used to be there, but are now, because they grow like plants, dwarves tunelled underneath, and found roots made of ore, that suck the life out of the earth, the same way plants do.
People reffer to that time and place as "The Great Change"

That's the background, the real treat is that, you guys come in after 300 years, and go exploring, the fun part is, you guys won't know what to expect. I have a campaign irl going on that they found a tower made of obsidian. They soon discovered that during "The Great Change" it had become unrooted and crossed half the continent before slamming into the ground. Which is what the local religion is based off of, they went to sleep, a bright light went off, and in the morning a tower was there that never used to be there.
And anyone who was alive during "The Great Change" is altered slightly, or sometimes majorly, such as a unatrual haircolor, or even as massive as being transformed into a entirley new race.

This is an idea I have been working on, for quite some time, but, need players for it. I have one who may join, I would like to play, but, if anyone wishes, I may DM I am in the middle I want to play as bad as I want to DM :P

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW

That's actually a pretty cool backstory Rone, I'd be interested in playing in a game set in that homebrew if you get a game going, provided that it is indeed 3.5 or Pathfinder. i can make sunday at any time as well :), in addition, i may also be able to grab a friend ot two as well, but no promises there, i'm not sure how much they have on their plates already. I don;t normally use my PM box, but keep in touch with me VIA PMs if you can. I look forward to this game getting off the ground :)

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 pm

I already have about 5 players, if you want, you two can join, but then I'd be maxed out.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'd love to join if you can handle 1 more player, do you have an instant messenger name i can reach you on?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:06 am

Yes Diablo, I have MSN Batman.m.t.web@hotmail.com Yahoo: Batman.mtweb@yahoo.com AIM (The one I use the most): Batmanmtweb and Skype Batman.m.t.web

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

cool, AIM is my preferred mesenger too lol, i'll contact you soon.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 am

I have updated the world.

There are now Three Major forces in this world and a few modifiers.

The world is entering a great change, so, Guns WILL be allowed, as well as classes that use guns. They will be considered Exotic Weapons.

Rifle/1d10/critical threat 20/range 10 yards/damage type b and p/ two handed

Pistol/ 1d10/ critical threat 19-20/ range 5 yards/ damage type b and p/ one handed

Special rule on guns, if you a perfect 10 on damage, you may roll again, if you roll a 9 or 10 the next time, roll again, if you roll 8-10, roll again, once it gets to 1-10, the person will die instantly. If you don't make it to the 1-10, you add up all the damage together and that is the damage dealt. Against large and bigger creatures it does half damage by each size category larger. (Collosal it deals 1 damage no matter what) If you roll a 1, roll again, 5 and below, the gun will explode, you will be hit with the shot, and the gun will gain the broken condition. To reload a gun, it takes a full round action and provokes an attack of opportunity.

The Skill Fencing will be introduced, it will be a class skill for Rogues, Fighters, Rangers, and Bards. It will have a ability score of dexterity. Fencing is a elegant form of fighting that requires four things, speed, balance, precision, and footing. It consists of two moves, parry and thrust. When someone declares a "fence" you must have a one handed melee weapon, and it must be piercing. Then, you roll initiative, using your fencing bonus as initiative bonus. The person who goes first may chose Offensive or Defensive, the one who fails the check must choose the other. Defensive makes a fencing skill check, and so does the offensive. The roll made my the Defensive acts as the DC needed for the offensive to succeed. If they succeed, they thrust at their opponent, the attack auto crits, if they fail, then the Defensive Parries and then may choose to be offense or defense. Because of the speed and agility needed, to declare a "Fence" You MUST not be wearing armor of any kind, and you may only fence for a number of rounds equal to your constitution mod x 3, after that you become fatigued, after another round, you become exhausted and receive a stacking -2 to fencing checks for each round thereafter. The two fencing MUST agree to the "Fence" otherwise none of this can happen.

SpellScars: I will allow PCs to roll percentile, 80% and above grants you a Spellscar. From there, you must roll 1d6, 1-2 the Spellscar is a boon, 3-4 The Spellscar is both a boon and a curse, and 5-6 the Spellscar is a curse. Once you have decided that, you must roll a 1d3, 1: The Spellscar is the most potent. 2: The Spellscar is not very potent. 3: The Spellscar provides only the smallest of abilities.
This is a gamble that can effect how you run your character, some characters may end up with a useless limb, or even an extra limb. Or, can possess Spellscars that can bend the flux of time to your whim.

The three major forces that have emerged are as follows;

The Circle of the Blue Flame

A circle of Crime lords that all possess Rank 1 Boon Spellscars. They run the black markets around the galaxy, are responsible for gang uprising, pirate uprisings, and many other things. Most members of the Circle of the Blue Flame never do much unless their leader grants them permission. Only three of their members are known as well as their Spellscars.

Thermus the Non-Existent: He is the leader of the Circle of the Blue Flame, and posses a Spellscar that nullifies and copies the Spellscars of those in his Vicinity. He normally surrounds himself with one or more of his more powerful followers when he leaves to go anywhere public.

Zelata the Child: Zelata is a small child, about the age of 8. But possesses the power to shift through ages, she can be any age she desires. And prefers the age of 8 because it helps her with her Rogue abilities. Not that she uses them in combat, because she also possess the power to force her ability on others, no one knows the limit of people she can do this too, but, she can permanently change the age of the person she desires. She is surrounded by followers of a cult she created that believes her to be the Goddess of Children and Innocence. And, she does not allow anyone under her control to harm children, nor does she.

Thorm the Rift: Thorm is easily the most powerful of all of them except for Thermus of course. He possess the power to create rifts, rifts to other universes, times, alternate realities, planes and more. He can target the rifts so that they only effect one person, or, entire cities. If he believes he is unable to win in combat, he needs only rift them away from him. And by opening rifts he may summon creatures or worse.

The Order of the Red Mages

This is a order of mages who perfect the art of combating magic users. Using magic is a taboo, unless you are a member of the order of the Red Mages. To become a Red Mage, you must first submit yourself to the bonding process, a giant Ruby that absorbs your essence and grants you the powers of a Red Mage. A even larger taboo than using magic is tampering with or creating spells. Those who do, suffer the wrath of the Red Mages, all who are led by their mysterious leader whom they refer to as solely Zenario, who is the only one who knows the true power of the Red Ruby also named "Spell Bane". They control and traffic magic, attempting to prevent the universe from going through what it did during the Great Change. If you are a spellcaster, you must submit yourself to the Red Mages, who will then bind your soul to a small gem that will allow them to force you to 1; never use magic to serve yourself, or to gain power and 2; to never use magic to harm unless in self defense. If you do not choose to submit to them, if they discover you, they will fear you because you are not bound by them. They will then send someone to either bond you, or kill you. Some say they bind spellcasters to prevent them from learning the true power or purpose of the ruby "Spell Bane".

Knights of the Blue Flame

This group is VERY similar to The Circle of the Blue Flame, but rather than use their Spellscars for their own gain, or profit. They use them to protect the land from the new terrors that lurk in the dark corners or the world. Only a few of them are known as well. They are led by a new race of sentient beings that spawned from the race of Drow, they claim to be different, but, most find it odd that they lead a group of some of the most powerful Spellscar users when they themselves grow more powerful in the presence of wild magic......

Thelanar the Sightless: Thelenar is a warrior who's eyes were removed and placed in the weave of time. He sees by glimpsing the future by mere seconds granting him a unbreakable edge in combat. No one knows how far he can see into the future, or how far back in the past he can see.

Gerald of the Shifter: Gerald posses the power to shift into any creature he desires, unique or not. He has been known to shift into a verity of terrors. Some say he can change into beasts that don't exist except within his twisted mind.

Theleena the Great: She posses the Spellscar that is the most unique, and, would be considered a rather odd power in any hands but her own. She has the power to take on the properties of things she touches, and most often takes on the properties of her Adamantine Rapier, granting her the strength of Adamantium, and the sharp edges of her sword. However, she is from a planet that was effected the most strongly by the Great Change by changing into a massive beholder the now flies through space with the nickname "Death Star". And has a inherent interest in the family of the wizards that are the descendants of the ones that tried to perfect wish......

These three powers, the new evolving technology, the power to travel to other planets. It seems they did more than change the universe forever, it seems they gave it the push it needed to further expand.

I have in mind a campaign idea in which the three superpowers have discovered a Fountain, that is fairly near "The Crater" (the area in which they cast "Perfect Wish") It is said, that by drinking the water of this fountain, it seeps into your soul, see's what you desire, and grants it. The Circle of Blue Flame wants it for themselves. The Order of the Red Mages want to control it, and The Kights of the Blue Flame would want to destroy it, mortals once had the power to do whatever they wanted, and destroyed the universe and replaced it with what is now there. You come in as a neutral party, will you take it for yourself? Wish to regulate it's use? Or would you desire it's destruction? Or, do you have your own reason for hunting it. But, does it exist, or is it just rumor? And the biggest question.......were is it?

This is my idea, I do not care if anyone elses uses my world it is called "The Divide" I hope you enjoy! Post comments, tell me what you think! PLEASE!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks to the random magic that ravages the world. People named WildMages have evolved, having gained magic through the spellplague having infected their descendants.

Wild Magic Bloodline.

You posses the most potent magic, but, are a latebloomer. By not finding out soon enough you lack the dicipline of most sorcerers, and as thus cannot control your magic more often than not. But, when you can control it, it tends to become more powerful than other wizards. The power of randomnization, is a very potent power, imagine never knowing what will happen but that it will defy the laws of magic.
Class skills: Diplomacy.

Bonus Spells: Color Spray (3rd), Rainbow Beam (5th), Rainbow Blast (7th) Summon Monster 4 (9th) Prismatic Ray (11th) Prismatic Wall (13th) Arcane Spellsurge (15th) Prismatic Dome (17th) Wish (19th)

Bonus Feats: Any Meta-Magic Feat, or Any Item Creation Feat
BloodLine Arcana: You have a 50% chance of losing control of your magic and realeasing a surge of wild magic.
1st level

Chaos Bolt (Su): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash a chaos bolt as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of random elemental damage +1 for every two caster levels you possess. Roll 1d6 to determine the damage dealt: 1/Fire 2/Lightning 3/Frost 4/Force 5/Acid 6/Sonic. If you roll a 6 it will deal an extra 1d6 damage with the same random elemental damage.

3rd Level

Wild Surge: If a Wildmage has a succesful chance of casting a spell and does not release a surge of Wild Magic they may choose to perform a Wild Surge which a random effect udergoes the spell, roll 1d4 and consult the table below. You may use this ability a number of times a day equal to 8 plus your Charisma Modifier.

1d4

1. The spell goes under the effect of a random Meta-Magic Feat.
1. Enlarge Spell
2. Maximize Spell
3. Empower Spell
4. Heighten Spell
2. The Spell backfires and instead targets you.
3. The Spell then repeats, function as if you had cast the same spell twice.
4. The Spell acts as if you had failed your percentile and had released a wild magic surge.

9th level

Master of the Unknown: In the hands of Wild Mages, magical items that produce random effects are easily controled by a wild mage who understands the magic behind such things. You gain a 20% chance to choose what the item does. You also can errect a barrier that protects you from a random element for the entire day.
1. Fire 2. Frost 3. Lightning 4. Force 5. Acid and 6. Sonic
15th level

Master of Magic: By now, the Mage has experiance a large amount of thier Surges of Wild Magic, and have began to notice that if they take more caution they may control them when they appear, and may prevent them. You now have a -10% chance of a Surge of Wildmagic occuring. And when it does, you have a 10% chance of determining what it does.

20th level

WildMage: The power of Chaos, the unpredictable future, the power of randomization. This is the embodiment of the WildMage. A WildMage now has a 35% chance of controling the outcome of thier Wildsurge, Surge of Wild Magic, and the Master of the Unknown increases to 100%. As well, the magic used by a WildMage is so different that Spellresistance is no longer effective against a Wildmages spells, as well any who are the target of such spells receive a -5 on saves vs thier spells.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/p ... _open.html the table chosen from during a Surge of Wildmagic.

You may choose to use this table, or, allow me to create a random effect for that moment.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:58 am
Profile YIM WWW