View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 M&M 3e Dawn of The Apocalypse Recruitment Monday Nights 

Post M&M 3e Dawn of The Apocalypse Recruitment Monday Nights
Dawn of the Apocalypse

A Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition Campaign

Power Level: 8, but 160 starting power points (20 per PL rather than 15, for more versatility,) maximum trade-off 4 points.

Monday Nights 7pm-10pm Eastern Time (GMT-5)

Seeking 3-5 dependable players.

The Apocalypse has come to Earth. It came not with a nuclear bang, nor a zombie uprising. No, the Apocalypse came in the form of one man returning home. Known only as the Witness, this man had been flung across the multiverse by the machinations of ancient enemies. Infected with a savagely engineered disease, he somehow survived as something more than human. Wandering for decades, he experienced events beyond human comprehension. Yet always he longed for home, for a return to his friends and family.

He finally found his way back to Earth. Instead of the reunion he had hoped for, he discovered yet another dreadful secret lost to the ages: the disease he still carried was designed to attach to the quantum matrix of its victims, to spread throughout the multiverse one reality at a time, destroy all organic life therein, and evolve machinery into something more.

The disease ravaged the Earth. Humans, animals, plants, even microorganisms were all but wiped out across the planet. While some survived the awful plague, none survived unchanged. The remaining life on the planet has undergone strange mutations, and the surviving humans have become something more… as have the more advanced machines. The Apocalypse has only just begun, as the machines rise to finish what the plague started: complete extinction of organic life on Earth.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 am

Post Re: M&M 3e Dawn of The Apocalypse Recruitment Monday Nights
I might be interested in this. Can you describe the machines more?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 am

I might be interested as well. Need a bit more info on the setting as well.

Sounds like the planet's dead (no animals and plants for the most part) or about to be. Pretty much all people gone. Only ones left are mutants/supers? Plus fighting Reign of Steel/Terminator type machine extinction machine... Sounds like a bummer.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 pm

At first, the machines will be things you see every day: cars, computers, cellphones, radio transmitters, etc. Add in military machines, robotic factories, satellites, and intelligences spawned from the internet, and you have the beginnings of an evolutionary process forming as the game begins. So, yeah a kind of mix of Terminator/Nightmares of Futures Past (X-Men). (Also, some roaming packs of animals/plants mutated by the plague)

I'm willing to compromise a bit on the amount of devastation the plague, if it helps for motivational factors. For instance, we could say that there was a very small percentage of life that was immune to the plague, giving you people/patches of vegetation/etc to try to protect.

In fact, I'm open to suggestions to make the game more fun for everyone.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Do you have im?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm a big fan of post-apoc games, no worries there. I'm just wondering if there's a reason to make the planet dead/lifeless (or soon to be). no animals and no plants (or any life; plant life especially though) is just a hair away from turning the place into a dead rock in space. Kind of sounds like there's nothing left to save/rebuild; seems rather hopeless on the big pic scale. Wiping out 99.99% of people is perfectly fine sure! (wow that sounds harsh) But if the planet's dead (no plants and animals)...all that's left is to struggle on for a tiny bit as people die of starvation and such while being hunted. I might suggest leaving the planet alive (battered but recoverable) with a few scattered pockets of people here and there.
*shrug*

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:45 pm

sounds fun never played M&M but would be willing to try it

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Color me interested as well, sounds neat!

Would only items with an electrical component be affected by the disease, or anything mechanical? Would people be shunning things like guns and old cars in favor of crossbows and bicycles? Also, would the normal devices be "transformed" into something dangerous, or would their just be megalomanic blenders sitting impotently on counters and plotting humanity's destruction?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Yeah, we probably should go with plants mostly immune (I'll work with a reason the machines might want them alive, or at least not want to kill them,) as well as a few humans, and of course, the mighty cockroaches (lol.)

The first time I ran this campaign, it was designed as a lead in for an interdimensional campaign. This go round, I'd rather keep it on Earth, dealing with the rise of the Eshiim and decline of humanity. Or vice versa :)

The virus affects electronics more than mechanics, so there's not likely to be too many homicidal blenders. However LOTS of mechanical things have an electronic component as well. You're unlikely to run into too many mechanically mutated machines. What you're more likely to find is electroncally "possessed" things with familiar looking skins. Behind the scenes, the Eshiim intelligences will be working on creating the next generation of Eshiim life on Earth. Can you stop this plan? If not, how will you faire against these new machines?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Why do we want to stop them? The virus already killed everybody it was going to. Is it just revenge?

I'm interested, but I don't really see the motivation.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:56 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next