View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

Anyone for Chronicles of Ramlar? 

Post Re: Anyone for Chronicles of Ramlar?
As far as times that work, I can make it any weekday after 5:30 Central time. Fridays would be iffy because I go visiting some weekends and don't have access to the internet until later, possibly 8. Weekends would also work, but if I'm with my family I'm liable to take off for hours with them.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:15 pm

I have no clue how to even begin creating a character using this system. Thus I have no idea what I'd like to make. I've tried reading all you have posted; but it seems all jumbled to me and doesn't make a lot of sense to me for some reason. (( Sorry, not meant to be rude, but it is just my not getting it yet ))

Having said that, I re-read some stuff and maybe a Spirinari Warrior OR Kasmarkn spellcaster

My best game times are Fridays and Saturdays

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:14 am

Yeah, I need to re-organize the information I posted throughout the thread. But the char-gen basics are in the upper half of the 1st page I think.

Once you pick a race and starting Path, I can let you know what adjustments, talents, and path skills you have available for them.

Decide if your character will be male or female, and generally how old or how they'd look.

Pick a race (Auzronian human, Frorinian human, Nurinian human, Osarian human, Hethmarkn dwarf, Kasmarkn dwarf, Druegan elf, Fetharn elf, Sinflar Elf, Tylvare elf, Halfling, or Spirinari).

Pick which Basic Path to start with at 1st-level (Merthwarg, Rogue, Sevar, Warrior, or Wizard).

Figure out what you want your character to focus on (i.e. melee combat, ranged combat, skills, lockpicking/traps/thievery, spellcasting, or some mix) and what aspects you want them to be best at (i.e. accuracy, or dealing damage, or resisting harm, or avoiding attacks, or armor/shield use, or dual-wielding, or scholarly skills, or athletic skills, or sneaky skills, or social skills, or crafting/repair skills, or survival/hunting skills, or healing, or blasting, or illusions/enchantments, or necromancy, or summoning, or divination, or protection magic, or alteration/transmutation/etc.).

Assign points to your 8 Primary Attributes as appropriate (Charisma, Endurance, Intelligence, Nimbleness, Perception, Strength, Tenacity, Wisdom). You have 480 points to spend on Attributes, minimum 1 each and maximum 100 each. Then apply your racial adjustments to those scores, which can potentially raise a stat beyond 100. Scores divisible by 10 or 20 are generally the most efficient for purposes of determining your other stats (which I'll calculate).

Next assign skill points (490 to start with) to whatever skills you like, up to a maximum of 100% in any given skill. Path skills cost 1 point per 1% bonus, non-path skills cost 2 points per 1% bonus. No skill can be raised more than 10% above its linked Attribute in this way. Afterward, spend your 20 bonus Path skill points for 1st-level, exclusively on that Path's skills.

Pick your character's Patron Deity as appropriate to whatever personality, background, profession, home region, or race/Path you've decided on.

Then choose your character's 2 starting Talents, from amongst the list of Core Talents and your chosen Path's Talents. You may select a Divine Boon instead of a starting Talent, or 2 Divine Boons instead of both starting Talents. If your character is a Merthwarg, he or she gets one copy of the Animal Ally talent for free (cannot be swapped).

If your character is a Warrior, he or she gets the Martial Weapons Familiarity talent for free (cannot be swapped). If you choose a spellcasting Path, then you'll need to select at least one copy of the appropriate spellcasting Talent before your character will actually learn any spells (Arcane Spell Proficiency for a Wizard, Divine Spell Proficiency for a Sevar, or Nature Spell Proficiency for a Merthwarg).

Pick your spells known if you took any spellcasting Talents. Pick what kind of animal your Animal Ally will be if you start with that Talent (i.e. a black bear, a wolf, a leopard, a big dog of some sort, a small pony, a monitor lizard, or anything else similar to a human in size).

Finally, choose your starting equipment and type up at least basic descriptions of your character's appearance, background, and personality. All you really need to decide equipment-wise is what your primary weapon will be, what your secondary weapon will be, what kind of armor/shield you want (if any; but only light armors and small to medium shields are affordable at 1st-level), and what kind of miscellaneous supplies you'd like to start with. I'll let you know what you can afford with your 50 starting Gold Pieces as appropriate. The Improved Resources Talent can be taken if you want to start off relatively rich instead, allowing you to afford some medium or heavy armors and any kind of shield, among other things.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 am

Spirinari get +10 Wisdom, +5 Intelligence, and -5 Endurance.

Spirinari are generally between 5'-10" and 6'-6" tall, making them taller on average than most humans except Frorinians. They are lean and have hard, angular facial features, appearing basically human but universally beautiful, especially their eyes. Spirinari have eyes of blue, green, or gray, and hair of brown or blond hues, with fair skin. A Spirinari ages somewhat slower than a human would, and their natural lifespan is well between one and two millenia, so most living Spirinari have either fought in the Dakass Luot or guarded Selani during it or grew up as the war raged (in the case of the youngest adults). Spirinari know the Spirit Speech, or Lari Spirati as it's called in Salari, and have occasionally tried to teach it to others who were interested but with little success.

Though a Spirinari begins learning how to refine and forge spirit bone sometime around the end of his or her first century, it takes decades to master, and spirit bone items are too rare/valuable (literally priceless, since it's never sold) for a 1st-level character to start with. If a Spirinari character wants spirit bone equipment, he or she will have to craft it during play with an appropriate skill (Armoury or Weaponsmithing Expertise), and spirit bone equipment generally costs thousands of GP or more in forge materials and earthen substances to create.

Kasmarkn get +10 Endurance, +5 Tenacity, and -5 Charisma.

Kasmarkn dwarves range from 4'-5" to 5'-2" tall, with a stocky build, noticeably bigger than other dwarves. They have brown or black eyes, and hair of brown or black shades. Kasmarkn typically keep their hair braided, and adorn their long beards with ornate pieces of metal. The Kasmarkn prefer earth-tones for their clothing, including deep forest-greens or gray and black. They wear some jewelry made with expensive gems at festivities or the like, but not too much jewelry. Kasmarkn are religiously devout and most often tend to worship Hur, Vour, Silia, Pelatos, Nind, or Vinar; any irreligious Kasmarkn is exiled. Kasmarkn have always been ruled by a king of the same lineage as their very first king, as their law requires, and the king of all Kasmarkn resides in Tronle. Kasmarkn names typically end in "er," "en," "nt," "al," or other hard consonants.

The Path Talents of the Warrior Path are Armor Deflection, Armor Proficiency, Berserk, Deadly Accuracy, Deadly Critical, Elusion, Mighty Blow, Opportunistic Snipe, Overpowering Strike, Proficient Warrior, Reactive Strike, Warcy, Warrior's Defense, Warrior's Fury, Warrior's Stout, Warrior's Strike, and Weapon Mastery.

The Path skills for Warriors are Alertness, Expertise, Riding, Tactics, Armoury, Climbing, Discipline, Intimidation, Leaping, Meditation, Survival, and Swimming.

The Path Talents of the Merthwarg Path are Animal Stamina, Armored Spellcasting, Bestial Ferocity, Bestial Speed, Component Conservation, Familiar Leylines, Familiar Territory, Improved Animal Ally, Improvised Nature Spellcasting, Innate Magic, Magical Expertise, Nature Spell Potency, Nature Spell Proficiency, Nature Spell Slinger, Nature's Blessing, Nature's Gift, Nature's Savagery, Nature's Wrath, Proficient Merthwarg, Superior Nature Spell Proficiency, and Supreme Nature Spell Proficiency.

The Path skills of Merthwargs are Alchemy, Animal Handling, Healing, Language, Lore, Memory, Navigation, Riding, Tracking, Empathy, Meditation, Survival, and Swimming.

Path Talents for Wizards include Arcane Mastery, Arcane Might, Arcane Reserves, Arcane Spell Efficiency, Arcane Spell Potency, Arcane Spell Proficiency, Arcane Spell Slinger, Arcane Spell Specialization, Armored Spellcasting, Component Conservation, Familiar, Improvised Arcane Spellcasting, Magical Expertise, Proficient Wizard, Superior Arcane Spell Proficiency, Supreme Arcane Spell Proficiency, and Unusual Familiar.

The Path skills for a Wizard are Discipline, Expertise, Meditation, Observation, Alchemy, Appraisal, Healing, Interpret Script, Language, Literacy, Lore, and Memory.

And in case anyone's interested in a Rogue, the Path Talents available to Rogues are Armor Efficiency, Armor Deflection, Backstab, Deadly Accuracy, Elusion, Legerdemain, Lethal Critical, Light Hand, Light Weapon Deadly Critical, Light Weapon Mastery, Off-Balance Strike, Opportunistic Snipe, Poison Mastery, Precise Backstab, Proficient Rogue, Riposte, Safecracker, Shadow Strike, Sidestep, and Trapmaster.

Path skills for a Rogue are Appraisal, Climbing, Expertise, Gambling, Interpret Script, Intimidation, Language, Memory, Negotiation, Persuasion, Theatrics, Acrobatics, Alertness, Concealment, Disguise, Observation, Riding, Smell, Stealth, and Tracking.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:10 am

(Edit: Removed the overly-long text-sheet below and replaced it with a short and simple one with the only bits of info you need to provide or decide on. Just fill in the "X"s. I'll calculate the rest based on your stats and such later.)

If there's anything you want to discuss or need to learn more about, you can ask here or we can arrange a meeting on OpenRPG to go over it.

Chronicles of Ramlar: Character Sheet

Character Name: X
Male/Female: X
Race: X
Path: X
Basic Appearance: X

Primary Attributes (480 points to spend, then add racial mods)
Charisma: X
Endurance: X
Intelligence: X
Nimbleness: X
Perception: X
Strength: X
Tenacity: X
Wisdom: X

1st Talent: X
2nd Talent: X

Patron Deity: X
Divine Boons (if any, in place of 1-2 talents): X

Skills (490 points to spend)
Skill Name: X points

Likely Weapon Choices: X

Basic Personality/Demeanor: X

Adventuring Goals/Motives: X

Brief Background: X

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 am

I like the shorter sheet, didn't realize you had changed it until now.

I just wanted to let you know that I am still interested. I just haven't made time to invent a story.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 pm