View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 am

LFM - All Flesh Must Be Eaten 

Post LFM - All Flesh Must Be Eaten
_____Who?_____
Looking for a player. Maybe two. We currently have a ZM and two-three players.

_____What?_____
All Flesh Must Be Eaten is a "survival-horror RPG" based around the combat of the living-dead by the still-living. AFMBE uses the Uni-System, with a point-buy character creation system, and die rolls focusing around the d10.

_____When?_____
Tuesdays at 6:00pm

_____Where?_____
OpenRPG.

_____Why?_____
To die a slow painful death at the hands of the undead.

Campaign:
Dead By Dawn

Plot synopsis:
On the fourth of January, you're about to board flight 373 at Washington-Dulles Airport in pre-infection Washington, D.C., USA. This flight will be your last.

Character restrictions:
Norms only.
No government employees.

Submit your character idea, or a general statement of interest, or even a pre-made character.
If I missed anything, just ask.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 am

Post Re: LFM - All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Posting character sheet:

NAME:Liliana Clareta
APPEARANCE: Absolutely Normal
TYPE:Norm

STRENGTH:2 INTELLIGENCE:2
DEXTERITY:3 PERCEPTION:2
CONSTITUTION:2 WILLPOWER:3

LIFE POINTS:32 SPEED:10
ENDURANCE POINTS:26 ESSENCE:14

QUALITIES:
Attractiveness +2
Situational Awareness
Fast Reaction Time
Hard to Kill +2

DRAWBACKS:
Cruel Level 1
Recurring Nightmares
Prejudice Level 1 (Men)

METAPHYSICS:

POSSESSIONS:
1 Cellphone
1 First Aid Kit

WEAPONS:
1 Small knife

SKILLS:
Martial Arts 4
Dodge 4
Knife Hand Weapon 3
Club Hand Weapon 3
Intimidation 2
Dash Running 2
Marathon Running 1
First Aid 1
Acrobatics 1
Climbing 1
Weight Lifting 1
Seduction 1
Driving Cars 1

BACKGROUND:
Liliana "Lily" Clareta was born and raised in the United States. While growing up, she suffered abuse at the hands of her uncle, who was frequently called in to babysit her because of her parents' employment. She plead to her parents for them to hire a babysitter or nanny instead, but they didn't listen, unable to believe that their own family member would do such a thing and that she's simply looking for attention.

In elementary school, Lily kept to herself most of the time, and didn't have many friends. Nobody particularily liked her, but no one disliked her either.

It wasn't until she started taking martial arts and kickboxing classes at twelve that she learned to stand up for herself and her newfound knowledge was used to an excess on her uncle, who received numerous injuries one night when he tried to force himself onto her. Even when her uncle was begging for her to stop, she kept on beating him, taking in and absorbing all of the pleasures that could be had with hurting someone. She eventually stopped when he was unconscious and was a bloody pulp. Her parents were shocked, appaled, and devastated when learned what had happened and of the abuse she had endured.

Lily had grown into a beautiful, attractive woman by the time she graduated from highschool and was much sought after by the boys. Her experiences with her uncle had led her to be prejudiced towards the opposite gender, and she turned all of them down, believing them to only be after her body and nothing else. Nonetheless, she seems to know exactly how to manipulate them, using her body and charms as necessary.

She has taken a standard first aid course, in case of accidental injury during sparring or training as well as a driver's course. She has won several kickboxing and martial arts amateur titles in the past few years, and she continues to train and hone her skills, hoping to make a career out of it.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi, is this 6pm GMT, EST etc? As I am a GMT gamer. Otherwise I interested in this. I haven't played it before, however, would that be problem? If not I'll then come up with a character concept. Do you need a detailed background, short story? I usually write short stories for character generation.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:04 pm

I've never played a game like this before, but would be interested in trying. Also, could you tell me of a place to find out how a character would be made?

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:37 am

Sorry about the un-clarity. That would be 6pm, Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8.

The book which contains the rules and fluff information is called "All Flesh Must Be Eaten." The "Revised" edition is preferable, but insubstantial in content from the pre-revised version.

The following link has much of the information and resources you'll need outside the rulebook:
http://www.allflesh.com/fleshfiles.html

Back stories which are biographical or auto-biographical are the most insightful and useful to me and the ZM. Grenadierman's background is a good example. It explains many, if not all of his skills and attributes, and provides for a character with both "self" and story-drive. Short stories can be uploaded to your DA or LJ account, if you wish to give me an idea of your literary prowess. However I'm only really interested in ones you might write from your character's perspective about in-game events, written post-game. Admittedly, that's where I really feel the "story" comes alive.

I hope this answers all your questions and more. :)

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:52 pm

I am always interested in a Zombie Apocalypse game, however it coincidentally clashes with my current one. If you are willing to host it on Monday, I'll be more than willing and able to make it.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Oh snap, you're not able to make it, Rayneth? Tuesday our time, Wednesday your time, right?

As a side note, we now have 2 "confirmed players." Looking for 2 more.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:18 pm

I'm interested, but I'm totally new to tabletop rpgs. Is that okay?

Edit: Actually, I can't really afford to buy a new ruleset book right now. So, I guess count me out.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 am

I suggest borrowing the books you need from a friend, personally.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 am

Interest expressed, but will have to make a character later. Will this be using the alternate skill system? Or no?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:17 am