View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

From a child's mind DnD 3.5 Recruting, Monday 6-8 PM GMT 

Post From a child's mind DnD 3.5 Recruting, Monday 6-8 PM GMT
Hey there folks. Sgt. Cookie I will be DMing a... unique type of game. Here is the stuff:

The system will be DnD 3.5 edition.
There will be a race restriction. You can only use this race.
I have access to most of the rule books save Complete adventurer.
Use as much or as little homebrew as you like, just be sure to link me to it. If it is obviously for comedic games, then the answer is no.
Starting level will be three, WBL.
28 point buy.
Every character gets one free bag of holding type 0, it is identical to the Type 1 mentioned here. However it's weight, contents weight limt and market price are halved. This bag is untradeable.

Background:
According to legend and rumour, there exists a place, a haven. For children lost in the forest. Little is known about this place, what it is, where it is or even what these "Guardians" are. Some speculate that they are good outsiders, spiriting the lost to another plane. While others claim that undead, created by a righteous necromancer, guard an orphanage, deep in the woods.

This place exists. And it is called the Dream Shaped Lands.

At the edge of this land, where no adult eyes can see. There exists a village, populated by children and their guardians. These guardians are known as The Exiled Teddy Bears.

These Bears are not exiled in the sense that they were cast out, more often is that they were lost toys, or who had no one left to protect. They wander around, eventually finding this place.

This village, lies at the boundary of the real world and the Dream Shaped Lands, granting it some form of protection from the monsters from the DSL.

But what are the Dream Shaped lands? Simply put, it is a place of raw magic. Where uncontrolled thoughts shape and alter what goes on. It is a place that rarely does anyone tread. The Dream Shaped Lands are changed by the children within, controlling, altering, creating monsters that no one even knows how to kill. In short, a place where everything and nothing can happen.

One day, a child comes to the village. As many do. He is quickly settled in, and given a guardian. That though, monsters from the DSL enter the village. But all of the Teddy Bears repell them all. All of the Bears look to this new child.

A group of charge less Teddy Bears is assembled. With instructions to learn what is going on. And how to stop it.

Information about the village:

Fluff wise, actual currency has little meaning in the village. A system of bartering is used. GP will be used as a mechanical and OOC system. I.E, 300gp worth of goods is simply referred to as 300 GP, for simplicity’s sake.

The children care for the bears as much as the bears care for the children, such as sewing up limbs or holes that appear in the Teddy Bears from time to time.

Monsters have NEVER entered the village before, but most Teddy Bears have often left the village to get supplies. From the DSL or from the real world. Use this in your background if you like.

Chances are it will be on a Monday, from about 6PM to 8PM, GMT. If anyone has an issue with this let me know and I will try to sort out a time that everyone is OK with. Saturday evenings, however, are unsuitable for me. Period. Just so you know.

In the first session the PCs will be traveling to a nearby wizards tower. To figure out why this child can creat monsters that can breech the barrier. As well as fighting back some of the "invading" monsters.

It's simple, I know but the first session will simply be about getting the players used to the Teddy Bear race, as well as finding out strengths and weaknesses with the Teddy Bear and how best to deal with them in a situation where you are not that likely to get hurt too badly.

Current players:
Jade Criminal - Theodore Edward Bear - Gunslinger
Rone - NYR - Dragon Magic Thing

Last edited by sgt. cookie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Post Re: From a child's mind DnD 3.5
I will so want to be a epic teddy bear, this is the class I will want viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2074 and, omg, this will be EPIC!

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:09 am
Profile YIM WWW

Sure. Go for it.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:32 pm

So... We'd play a team of teddy bears in fearun type world?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Sort of. I've got a backstory and other such stuff in mind. I will write it up and you an decide if you want to join in or not.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

I have to say, this does sound interesting, but it's too early for me. Good luck :)

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I have to point out that I'm on gmt+1 time so the play time is ideal

Looks more and more like i might give this a shot :)

EDIT:
In fact I made a Gunslinger bear

sheet here

So... How about

Baby Bear Bandages (1d8+1 HP)
for 50gp

or

Band-aids of bear repair box (Heals 1 hp) 10 pieces for
50 gp

or

Animated needle wondrous item: once per day it can use thread and available materials to heal a bear for 1d8+1 damage
for say 750 GP

Hm... Care bear tat... Nevermind...

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Haha, I have some ideas too, what if we create a class for these teddies bears, perhaps, Child Portector? Or something. Man, it's cute, but epic being a frigging bad ass teddy bear ^_^ But, another idea I have, is, what if they have their own nation? Rather than being created? We're like a living race kinda like the IronForged (I think that's it from DDO) and people pay to rent out teddy bears for their children? But, we would rather do it for free, but we need the money to support ourselves. Just a idea to throw out there.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 am
Profile YIM WWW

Hey, you got a IM or something?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 am
Profile YIM WWW

Jade: There are a few things that worry me about the sheet.

1. You have one ability point left, unless my maths are wrong.
2. You have not factored in racial modifiers. -4 to strength and +2 to dex.
3. Craft is empty, and above max rank.
4. You have not put any languages down.
5. You need to put down the Teddy Bears racial abbilities, Guardian of the night, stay away monster, etc.

If you could like me to the armour that would be great.

Rond: Nice, but unneeded for now. And, no. No I don't.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm