View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 SHADOWRUN 4ED (Starts after the holidays) 

Post Re: SHADOWRUN 4ED (Starts after the holidays)
I have those books as well along with a few settings/mission books like Emergence, Manhattan, Feral Cities, Ghost Cartels and likewise can pass them around. Also, I would ask you to clarify your by-the-book position. Does that mean everything has to be literally straight from the book, no room for houserules or modifications? Because there are sections (custom spells being the one perhaps most likely to apply to a magician character) which explicitly allow player creation.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 am

Once the day and time of this game is nailed down, I am definitely interested. I can fill any role in the team, even Hacker, and Face.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Only two people voted on the day/time, and only two people gave me an idea of what they will be playing. With 3 more interested players undecided on what they want to play nor what days are best for them. So based on that quick vote it will be Thursdays 730pm est start

1-GMOZ (undecided)
2-BLEAK (Magician)
3-Lando (Street Sam)
4-
5-
------------------------------
6- (possible spot to fill any gaps in the group)

I have all books but I dont expect to be using them in the first few games, if anything I will be gradually reading and adding them. First couple of games will use the Core (updated Anniversary edition) and the Seattle book.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Thursdays at 7:30 EST are fine for me. Just to verify, are we limited to SR4A (the anniversary edition) for char creation? Because that would hurt, badly. Also, are we using BP or Karmagen (Runner's Companion)?

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Considering I'm new to shadowrun GMing, I would prefer to only use the Core in the first few games. If you want a more experienced SR4 ed GM that has the core plus sourcebooks ready for use then I recommend recruiting for a more experienced SR GM. I loved SR setting, never liked the rules, so you can understand why I would want to reduce my reading as much as possible for the first game and my first 4ed experience (though I'm commited to making SR one of my main rpgs from this point on).

But if all the players insist on using more books besides the core and seatte (as well as player add on options) to start then I can further push back the start of the game until I can read whatever books you want me to run, but thats pushing the game further (which I dont mind actually, I have a month off from school). I do vaguely remember the old 3rd ed having basic rules in the core that required sourcebooks to flesh out (which always angered me, I have yet to skim any other books, if this is the case then I probably would push back when I run this game anyway).

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Arsenal and Street Magic are the only books that I would really like to see included. Street Magic because it greatly increases the range of spells and adept powers, and Arsenal because it has the majority of vehicle and weapon modifications. I can understand needing not wanting to stretch yourself too thin on your first game though. So in the end I will respect your decision. I have settled on taking over the face role.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Agreed. It's definitely up to you as GM, but I'd also recommend Runner's Companion (at least the Qualities and Karmagen sections).

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Time is good for me. Pencil me in for the Face

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

I would like to see Augmentation and Arsenal added for the cyber and guns/gear for a Street Samurai. Street Magic is very useful for mages/adepts.

Most everything else is from the main 4e book, and it does have guns/cyber too, so I can work with that as well. I have an original printing of the 4e rules, plus all the updated errata (v1.8) and the enhancements made for the anniversary edition pdf, but not the actual anniversary edition.

If you'd like my GM cheat sheets, plus some pre-gens and stuff drop me a line at landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @ no spaces)

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 pm
Profile YIM

Lando, if you need it, I have a pdf of SR4A I could pass on.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next