View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Tuesday Night Pathfinder Hack and Slash! 

Post Tuesday Night Pathfinder Hack and Slash!
I am recruiting players who would like to join a new weekly Pathfinder Hack and Slash game.

Game sessions would be on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM US Central time.

Instead of involving a continuous campaign, adventure path or story arc, these game sessions would be more episodic and based on shorter adventure modules. PC levels may go up (or even down) between small groups of sessions depending on the next module to be run. Players may even switch PCs for different modules.

This is a game for players who primarily want to roll-play with lots of action, are able to quickly create/level PCs between sessions, are not overly attached to their characters, and are willing to try new things.

This is a game that will also be fun for me as the DM, running what I want without the need for a lot of record keeping.

I envision running such a game in the following way. About a week before the next session, I would email those on the player list a short intro summary of the next session and any special instructions. Players would be responsible for communicating with each other prior to the game session to form a suitable adventuring party. On the evening of the session, there will be a strict deadline for players who want to play that evening to be in the game room. After the deadline (or if a full number of players have already arrived), no other players will be let in for that session. I also reserve the right to cancel a session if there are not enough players in the room by the deadline. Players will be expected to hold each other accountable for their attendance if they agree to form a party together.

So what kind of modules am I thinking about running? Well, they could be anything from "We Be Goblins," to a visit to "The Black Monastery," to the new PF version of "The Mask of Death" (from The Gamers: Dorkness Rising), classic Dungeon Crawl Classics 3.5 adventures, new DCC RPG modules, etc.

Please post general interest and questions/comments to this thread. If there is sufficient interest, then I will ask players to PM me their email addresses so we can start planning the first session.

Andy

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Post Re: Tuesday Night Pathfinder Hack and Slash!
I've never really been in a dungeon crawl before; also, I'm afraid I might try to talk down something you want the party to fight.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:15 am

Been a while since Ive done some hacking and slashing, Count me in.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 am

Could I be a demigod? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UO_ ... edit?pli=1

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:16 am

MonkeyDLuffy wrote:

No.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Darn :(

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 pm