View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next
 Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Central)? 

Post Re: Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Centr
Haha, with my Pyromancer I may concentrate on spreading my spells, making as many a form of AOE (EG such as my Flasks of Grease, which brings around a good question, how much would those damn things cost if I asked for some grease from a Inn?) What's all this about being Rulers? O_o

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Rone wrote:
Haha, with my Pyromancer I may concentrate on spreading my spells, making as many a form of AOE (EG such as my Flasks of Grease, which brings around a good question, how much would those damn things cost if I asked for some grease from a Inn?) What's all this about being Rulers? O_o

If you want burny stuff just buy flasks of oil.

The Kingmaker AP is about colonizing a sparsely inhabited portion of the world and creating a nation, haven't you at least skimmed the Players guide? The area in question is part of a loose confederacy of city states called the river kingdoms, that is why I posted the bit about the river traditions, its what passes for law and order and traditions in the river kingdoms.

This is a sandbox exploration and nation building adventure path, its kinda relevant how you would handle ruling the nation.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:34 am

I agree with what Rat said about it. Its very important we be seen more as Lawful protectors and settlers. This shouldn't be a problem for a Paladin I hope. (Also Witchbane sounds like an awesome bow :P)

Nonsense Arelius. Theres a position of office for every one of our characters!

Also I would like to point out just how useful a mounted character is in this campaign. Your faster, more mobile, can deal more damage with a lance and its also a good travelling aid. A cavalier who focuses on melee combat with a sword/lance and shield is well armored and devastating enough to warrant the attention of enemy attackers.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 am

Just a note that the kingdom building aspects of the Kingmaker AP don't start until Chapter 2, Rivers Run Red.

Also, the kingdom building rules allow you to switch around leadership roles during the Improvement Phase of each monthly cycle. So there's no need to worry about being locked into a leadership role that you don't like but can't change.

I have character sheets from everyone except Rone. Please email me your finallized character sheets ASAP!

Thanks,

Andy

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Rayneth wrote:
I agree with what Rat said about it. Its very important we be seen more as Lawful protectors and settlers. This shouldn't be a problem for a Paladin I hope. (Also Witchbane sounds like an awesome bow :P)

Nonsense Arelius. Theres a position of office for every one of our characters!

Also I would like to point out just how useful a mounted character is in this campaign. Your faster, more mobile, can deal more damage with a lance and its also a good travelling aid. A cavalier who focuses on melee combat with a sword/lance and shield is well armored and devastating enough to warrant the attention of enemy attackers.

All I'm saying is if there is not a valley with the Stags-Slayer clan of ogres and a throne made of gold dipped human skulls I'm gonna be upset. It does not matter that I just made them up.

Also Arelius, an Inquisitor or a Ranger would make a ideal sheriff, hence my pointing out how justice needs to be applied in this area. However one cannot completely dump social graces, I myself have a positive charisma modifier and will have several diplomatic skills, and I'm a freaking wizard.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Quote:
Leadership Roles
Once your party begins building a nation in Kingmaker,
each PC can take on the role of a leader in that nation.
As a leader, you’ll be able to apply one of your character’s
ability score modifiers to the kingdom’s Economy,
Loyalty, or Stability, increasing the kingdom’s statistics
and helping its chances for success. Most leadership roles
allow you to choose one of two ability scores to apply, so
if you’re particularly interested in having your character
play a specific role among the kingdom’s leadership,
consider focusing on an appropriate ability score. The
11 leadership roles and their associated ability scores are
listed below.
Ruler: Charisma
Councilor: Wisdom or Charisma
General: Strength or Charisma
Grand Diplomat: Intelligence or Charisma
High Priest: Wisdom or Charisma
Magister: Intelligence or Charisma
Marshal: Dexterity or Wisdom
Royal Assassin: Strength or Dexterity
Spymaster: Dexterity or Intelligence
Treasurer: Intelligence or Wisdom
Warden: Strength or Constitution

Personally going for Magister or treasurer, whichever one oversees construction of new buildings more, then settling into a Dukedom of the River Kingdoms, Establishing the Garess Family as the power behind the throne. Last I heard our Paladin wanted to rule which is fine, I figure we can toss an official looking robe on the sorcerer and sit him behind most of the desks and not worrying too much. Like I said, an Inquisitor makes a perfect Marshal, as his powers, spells and skill set all point towards finding the guilty.

just my 2 coppers.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:08 pm

I thought someone was going to be a ranger. Reason why I'm considering changing. Keep posting comments and such; just so I get an idea for sure. Inquisitor, Archer (mounted maybe) and Spear/Shield fighter are my options.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Arelius111 wrote:
I thought someone was going to be a ranger. Reason why I'm considering changing. Keep posting comments and such; just so I get an idea for sure. Inquisitor, Archer (mounted maybe) and Spear/Shield fighter are my options.

My two copper is this:

Play a archer Inquisitor (Erastil) with the feather subdomain, build it to be a sheriff. That way you get a pet who can melee for you, an effective combat route, and a perception bonus that kicks ass. Keeps some Charisma handy because its not a good dump stat here, you really need to be able to talk to people and have fun with it. You get to be the Justice of the land, you get all sorts of cool abilities to help you and you are a great help to the party.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Never really made mention of wanting to rule actually, though I wouldn't mind it. But that aside, as Charisma is my main stat I can pretty much fulfill Ruler, Councilor, General, Grand Diplomat, High Priest and Magister rather easily. General, Grand Diplomat and Ruler being my top choices.

My character is an Horse Archer Paladin, and is an excellent diplomat. I imagine she would be more inclined to using her lance since her shortbow lacks damage.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Arelius111 wrote:

Reckless will be playing a human ranger.

Andy

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next