View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
 Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Central)? 

Post Re: Who's interested in a weeknight PF AP game (7-10PM Centr
Named NPCs can fill kingdom leadership roles, but they first have to be persuaded (i.e., "diplomacized") to do so. I have stats for Oleg and Svetlana (and most of the other NPCs) as well as their desired and/or best-suited roles (not always the same). So it will be easier to recruit an NPC to a role that they desire or more difficult if they are not interested in the proposed role (or aren't looking to get into politics at all).

You can also appoint a "generic" NPC into a kingdom leadership role and simply receive a +1 attribute bonus on whatever check(s) are affected by that role.

Andy

Last edited by acollins46805 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:20 pm

One other thing: when we turn in Sneeg we get two masterwork weapons, I think it should be a maul for Mason and a Mighty composite longbow (+1 str) for Andraste, but if you feel you deserve one make your case.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Next question, who is really interested in the Kingdom Building aspect of the campaign, and who just wants to continue through the RP/modular aspect of it? Because I was thinking that the rules for Kingdom building are pretty self-sufficient in terms of how a turn works and what you roll, etc. So maybe those who are really interested (me, Cairne, Andraste, and any others) can meet either at a separate time or even a separate night and go through the Kingdom building decisions and make the rolls, etc. The sessions logs of this could be sent to the DM if he can't do a separate night/time.

The Kingdom building set up is, as I understand it, designed to be somewhat separated from the adventuring aspects of the campaign. Each person must spend one week per month fulfilling the duties of their assigned role, but the rest of the time can be spent on the primary adventure, side quests, crafting, etc.

I think our characters will want to spend at least a number of monhths involved in setting up our first city, claiming nearby hexes, building a road to the mine, etc. So I expect that we may be towards the end of the current year or maybe into the next year before we start exploring the next bit of the stolen lands. I expect some of those encounters in the Kingdom Building chapter may happen during this time.

If everyone is interested in the Kingdom Building aspect, then I can see it happening on Tuesdays as part of our regular game, otherwise I really would suggest we split it off into its own subgame to keep uninterested people from getting bored with it.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:06 pm

rat_bastard wrote:
One other thing: when we turn in Sneeg we get two masterwork weapons, I think it should be a maul for Mason and a Mighty composite longbow (+1 str) for Andraste, but if you feel you deserve one make your case.

I think that's the way to go also, unless someone else has a greater need.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Im fine with Carden being Marshal and would love to take part in the kingdom building.

As for Mason; unsure of his interest there.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:11 am

Helping to build a kingdom Sounds kinda fun. Count me in on the Kingdom building aspect

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 am

Anyone disagree with the distribution of masterwork weapons I proposed?

Personally I would tap the party fund to make Andraste's bow mighty if the terms of the quest don't allow it.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:54 am

I did give up a composite longbow (+2 str). Does she not have the strength for it? I dont mind the spending for the bow.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:21 am

Arelius111 wrote:
I did give up a composite longbow (+2 str). Does she not have the strength for it? I dont mind the spending for the bow.

She has a 12 strength.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Cool, we have lots of people interested in the KB aspect.

Now, how do we solve the Ruler conundrum between Andraste and Cairne? XD

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:54 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next