View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:07 am

Post apocalypse game. (Skype/Voip) 

Post Post apocalypse game. (Skype/Voip)
2-3 slots open at the time of this post.

The fires of the sun bloomed on our world and cut civilization from the fabric of reality as cleanly and efficently as a surgeons scalpul. But it's hard to utterly destroy a species, much less one with as much ingeuinity and forethought as humanity. Now, two hundread and thirteen years later the remnants of man organize and strive to rebuild that which was lost, and perhaps make a little profit for themselves on the side. Farms are being planted and towns are springing up. The seemingly boundless determination of humanity holding out even against the end of the world. But the damage is done, Entire countries reduced to nothing but an endless sea of glass, strange creatures roam the waste and even stranger men have dark designs for their fellow survivors.

The game will be a sandbox, character driven campaign set 213 years after the fall. The world itself will be semi-realistic. While there are mutants, super-science, and radioactive wastes that usually come with the more "colorful" variant of Apocalypse. They by no means dominate the setting, and it is impossible to find a laser rifle at your local gun dealer. As a general guideline anyone who has played Fallout will know what to expect.

The system we will be using is Starblazer Adventures, based on the Fate system from Evil Hat. With several modifications and house rules to adapt it to a post apocalyptic setting.

The game will be roleplay focused. With a fairly low combat/roleplay ratio and the maximum group size is four. While larger groups are fun, Being a roleplay heavy game having 3 to 4 people allows a lot more focus on the characters as individuals. Rather than loosing the tree's in the forest in a large group.

4 important rules for prospective players.

1. The golden rule: Please be respectful your fellow players, and desist from crude or offensive language and jokes if it makes them uncomfortable.

2. You must have a microphone, and you must use it.

3. While not required providing a background with plothooks for your character is smiled upon. In the same vein if you write over 3 pages of background Please provide a shorter summery for the gamemaster. It is not fun to have to memorize 4 novels the day before the game starts.

4. Please make sure your character's personality is more interesting than that of an Avocado. I shouldn't have had to make this a rule, but While I expect anyone who has shown interest in this game to be of the more cerebral sort and capable of creating a decent character. I have had people ask to join the campaign that made my brain want to cry.

contact info:
Yahoo messanger: breaker590
Email: kytanos59@gmail.com

Last edited by kytanos on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Post Re: Post apocalypse game. (Skype/Voip) Need players.
Sounds fun I would be intrested though I have never played that ruleset I have been gaming for years and could pick up the basic easily enough. I didn't see a day or time.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Sounds good, Date/time is flexible at the moment until we have a full group and can learn what works best for them. The gm himself has a very open schedule.

Can you please contact me via skype sometime so that we may chat? Im sure you have questions about the setting/style of post apocalypse, power level, system, etc. Things just go faster live, The gm is ready to run so im trying to avoid a week of forum posting back and forth and speed things up.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:02 pm

If you want to forum post, email, or ask them in pm's that is fine. It's just quicker with aim/yim/skype.

Though either me or the gm will to have a chat with you live (preferably on skype with voice) before the game begins. Just to see what kind of person you are, ((rude, polite, smart and witty, dumb as rock, mature, immature, etc)). We have had some Exceptionally moronic people Attempt to play, they were subsequently chased away with big words and pitchforks :-). We are trying to weed out any problem people before the game begins so we can start off the bat with a great group for a long term game.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Update: 2 spots left, we just need 1 more to begin.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Post Re: Post apocalypse game. (Skype/Voip)
i sent skype invite i would love to play if i can i have recently started playing tabletops and rpgs but i am a fast learner even if sometimes i miss things

i have a great attitude

i can get on any day except wensday (i play dnd)

any time after 3:00 as a safe standard :ugeek:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:47 am