View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 am

Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands (3.5e D&D) 

Post Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands (3.5e D&D)
(New thread for applications since the other one was getting cluttered)

NOTES: Sultoinnas is a homebrew campaign of mine, that I have been developing over the past 10 years or so. The world gets developed by the actions of the players, often, their decisions have world impact on scales they only learn about later. You may have seen game listings for this campaign in the past, some of these are still running, while most have since decayed... but in the end I have been the DM for them all. Use this forum for Sign ups and any questions. If you want, you can also PM any questions.

WORLD HISTORY/BACKGROUND: Just under 800 years ago the Demon Jel'kam had been released upon world, since then, the world as it was known came to an end. The world had been torn; powerful artifacts, unbelievable treasures, boundless alliances, and inmeasurable life had been lost. The only thing that is certain is that Jel'kam has been gone long enough to become only a rumor himself. Legends from every culture talk of his defeat at the Battle of Membleak by the Allegiance Of The Sun. While only 400 years since the Battle of Membleak, much more was lost since his arrival then was rebuilt since his defeat. Here your historic journey will begin.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Your choices for characters will be pretty much free. I own most of the books wizards has to offer or have access to the ones I do not own. I will accept most things, but everything unordinary requires my consent. Something to remember here; your creation does not make your character, how you play it does. However, a few things I do consider a little "broke" and will be dealt with accordingly when necessary. Characters WILL BE MADE IN MY PRESENCE, this is not some power trip or my way of saying I don't trust you, but I need the development to be fair, so no characters are underdeveloped. And yes, if you were wondering, this is going to be a group of heroes, that in mind, higher than average, non-godly stats should be expected. Something else I am in big belief of, is a character really developes the best when a player follows his/her own persona (i.e. don't play a dumb orc if you are natually intuitive or a smooth-talking rogue if you find yourself a timid person). Starting level will be 1, CURRENTLY level 2,with ending level yet to be determined. Players will be chosen based on a few things, including their goals for classes, I believe there should be a decent balance of classes. This is a completely non-Evil character campaign (and the use of CN will be limited, too may people use CN, especially as an "I can do whatever I want type alignment"). More information and details available after contacting me. I love it when players have detailed backgrounds, beliefs and personas created for their players, but remember, if you are starting off the game as a lowbie character, your character may be less likely to charge in against... say, a Dragon. So the word to the wise is that you can't brute force win every fight and some you may just need to run away.

GAME DETAILS: The game will be played in OpenRPG, Tuesday mornings around 11:00 AM EST, I follow a 3 Strike Rule, good pre-session excuses prevent strikes. I have to do this to keep from having too many no shows, I am dedicating my time to make a fun game for the players, I would like you to be here. Experience will be processed after each session, if I have sufficient time, it will be done immediately, otherwise it will be e-mailed to each player in a day or so. It will be based on victories, role-playing, and contributions (someone who doesn't shut up isn't necessarily a good role-player, but someone who only says one thing every 20 minutes isn't great either, try to find a good balance). This is not first come first serve, but I will be looking for an intermediate skill level first, but should I not get a sufficient number of them, others will be welcome to fill the ranks. I am looking for only 4-5 players, this keeps each player very active in game and will require people will to participate. This game should be expected as a Mature Game and thus, players should be mature enough to handle vulgarities and sexual innuendos, while not blurting out obsentities in every sentence. Lastly, we are here to make friends, lashing out at eachother will not be tolerated, this is a GAME, lets keep it fun.

Last important thing to note is the starting region. The game has begun in the city of Silvercrest, one of the largest cities in the world of Sultoinnas. Therefore this campaign will be an urban one for at least a short while, this should be kept in mind as some classes don't work well in urban settings. Just like most things in this game, the city is not completely built, though it has a basic structure in place. It is being molded around the interactions of the current two groups in the city, not changing to fit their needs, as much as being developed around their actions.

As games go along, some players just move on... I believe that is the situation here. I am posting that we have an open player position.

The current group consists of a Rogue, Bard, Mystic (Divine Spellcaster), and Wizard (Summoner focus). However the Wizard has not shown up to the previous two sessions (whether it is due to scheduling changes or a loss of interest) and he will be dropped from the game if he does not show up to anymore sessions.

As groups go, these guys are good players. If you are interested please post your character ideas along with your interest. I tend to be picky when it comes to players.

Also, we play on the Blackstar server, Sultoinnas: The Torn lands room. If it is not gametime and the room is open, its likely I am sitting in the room working... please feel free to drop in and say hi if you are interested in the game.

Last edited by Sebadias on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:40 am

Post Re: Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands (3.5e D&D)
Sounds like you've had some ups and downs on the open rpg circuit too, good to see you've learnt many of the same lessons I have, eg 3 strike rule. I am an English 3.5 gamer, (didn't like 4th ed which seems to suffer from a combat withdrawal symptoms approximately 3.5 seconds after the last one ended, oh god that was bad)!

I prefer to play sneaky, devious characters, the greyer type of hero (eg Riddick) and would consider playing as a Ninja, Assassin etc. I know Assassins are considered evil (something I have never understood since they are a neccessary evil (please forgive the pun) employed by both good and evil, only the "good" guys are not so prepared to admit it). Would you allow Assassins to be be used therefore?

How fast do you level up in this game so we can reach the prestige classes, best abilities etc?

Good luck with the game

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 am