View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 GM Pathfinder/3.5 Currently Recruiting Closed 

Post Re: GM Pathfinder/3.5 Currently Recruiting All Players
rat_bastard wrote:
Traits:
Are traits allowed?

Yes, you may take two traits. No, I don't think repeatable traits should be allowed. I'd be interested on the source for the "Extra Traits" feat, so I could look it up before making a ruling about that.
We are going with a low-technology level, and firearms are emerging...they are neither commonplace or reliable. I do already have a player who has shown interest in playing a gunslinger. I might consider having a party with one more gun toter, but that would be it. I'd like to run a more traditional feeling campaign, and so I wouldn't want it too gun/technology heavy. Toting guns for your character would need to be justified in your background story and I would like a reason that brought you to Varisia.

rat_bastard wrote:
Leadership:
How do you feel about the leadership feat? I was kinda of thinking of having a band of gyps-er Varsians following me around along with a monster cohort mount, I was wondering what your thoughts on this would be.

I think that's stretching it a bit. I would see the leadership feat as less a combatant type aid and more like something to aid your party outside of combat. i.e. carrying your belongings, sending your messages, etcetera. Anything that your cohort would do should benefit the entire party. In other words, if you wanted to have your cohort craft things, the party would have an equal share in the proceeds from such crafting. As far as a cohort mount...I might consider a mount that benefited the entire party, such as a behemoth that pulled a caravan wagon that the party lived on and though your character controlled it, I wouldn't consider it part of your belongings. Also, think about this...it is your responsibility to feed, clothe, and provide for such animals or cohorts. I don't want any one party member to be overbalanced one direction over the other party members. I am considering this a campaign of participation among co-adventurers, rather than who gets to be most awesome. Though I do like your imagination. Also I would definitely want to peruse any cohort's statistics.

rat_bastard wrote:
Are we supposed to be pro or anti-Cheliax in this game?

I think that is up to each person individually...however consider this. You are to consider yourself at least on the neutral side of good. I can see benefits of having RP-heavy discussions about political leanings. However, I can also see this turning into a bash-hate conversation as it tends to go in religious or political discussions. That may be something to discuss at our first session. Mostly I'm simply concerned that in character banter doesn't turn into out of character conflict or interfere with the game's progression. I am very determined to have the group have a solid reason for adventuring with each other.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 am

jam73087 wrote:
will you list times the game will happen?

Please see description above...after we have a solid group of approved characters, we, as a group will decide what day benefits the most players. I think that's fair.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 am

Lukanis wrote:
I'm interested. I'll roll up a basic bard and e-mail it over to you. Just need to know the HP rules. Looking forward to the game :D

Starting HP is standard rules. We will roll up HP at our first session in front of the GM.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:28 am

Hey! As I've already mentioned, I'd love to get involved. . I'm also the one interested in playing the gunslinger.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:29 am

Riodrian wrote:
I would like to try out the new gunslinger class if available in your game...if not, I'd like to try out the ninja as something different than the normal rogue.

I've had two players show interest in gunslingers already...see the post response to rat_bastard. My position on ninja is similar to that of gunslinger. If you can justify it in story in a way that satisfies me, I will allow it. Such as, why a person from Tian might travel to Varisia...that sort of thing.

Riordrian wrote:
I'm also feeling froggy and would like to try rolling scores just to spice it up some...lol

For all those who are interested in having a more complete sheet right away...I will open a room up on Monday, August 28 at 5:00-6:00 pm Pacific Time in order to give you an opportunity to do so. If I see the need to offer more opportunities, I may find other times and dates so others have a chance. The room will be on Blackstar server, titled Sidarthu Campaign.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 am

Yes, Starchaser...I got your PM :) You were the first gunslinger, so you get to be gunslinger #1.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:37 am

Kimmeryn wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Traits:
Are traits allowed?

Yes, you may take two traits. No, I don't think repeatable traits should be allowed. I'd be interested on the source for the "Extra Traits" feat, so I could look it up before making a ruling about that.
Additional traits is here.
Quote:
We are going with a low-technology level, and firearms are emerging...they are neither commonplace or reliable. I do already have a player who has shown interest in playing a gunslinger. I might consider having a party with one more gun toter, but that would be it. I'd like to run a more traditional feeling campaign, and so I wouldn't want it too gun/technology heavy. Toting guns for your character would need to be justified in your background story and I would like a reason that brought you to Varisia.
I was more worried if I needed to protect myself from other people shooting me. Armors like quilted cloth are much more valuable when you are dealing with trigger happy Orcs.
Quote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Leadership:
How do you feel about the leadership feat? I was kinda of thinking of having a band of gyps-er Varsians following me around along with a monster cohort mount, I was wondering what your thoughts on this would be.

I think that's stretching it a bit. I would see the leadership feat as less a combatant type aid and more like something to aid your party outside of combat. i.e. carrying your belongings, sending your messages, etcetera. Anything that your cohort would do should benefit the entire party. In other words, if you wanted to have your cohort craft things, the party would have an equal share in the proceeds from such crafting. As far as a cohort mount...I might consider a mount that benefited the entire party, such as a behemoth that pulled a caravan wagon that the party lived on and though your character controlled it, I wouldn't consider it part of your belongings. Also, think about this...it is your responsibility to feed, clothe, and provide for such animals or cohorts. I don't want any one party member to be overbalanced one direction over the other party members. I am considering this a campaign of participation among co-adventurers, rather than who gets to be most awesome. Though I do like your imagination. Also I would definitely want to peruse any cohort's statistics.
I was thinking a Pegasus straight from the monster cohorts list, it matches my character's outlook nicely and would make for interesting travel. As for my followers, I was thinking of them mostly being servants and clansmen who follow me.
Quote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Are we supposed to be pro or anti-Cheliax in this game?

I think that is up to each person individually...however consider this. You are to consider yourself at least on the neutral side of good. I can see benefits of having RP-heavy discussions about political leanings. However, I can also see this turning into a bash-hate conversation as it tends to go in religious or political discussions. That may be something to discuss at our first session. Mostly I'm simply concerned that in character banter doesn't turn into out of character conflict or interfere with the game's progression. I am very determined to have the group have a solid reason for adventuring with each other.

I was going for the chaotic/freedom loving versus the totalitarian/fascist outlook of Cheliax rather than just good versus evil.

My Concept is a Wizard(Conjurer)/Cleric (Desna)/Mystic Theurge who is a wandering traveler/trader who lives out of a tent and lives for freedom and the betterment of the good people of Varsia.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:01 am

rat_bastard wrote:
Additional traits is here.

I don't think I'd allow it. I understand it's not 3rd party, but it is web enhancement. I think it would unbalance things to have so many traits.

rat_bastard wrote:
I was more worried if I needed to protect myself from other people shooting me. Armors like quilted cloth are much more valuable when you are dealing with trigger happy Orcs.

Again, firearms are emerging, though I don't see us coming into too much contact with them. It's a new type of technology so not everyone can afford or use them.

rat_bastard wrote:
I was thinking a Pegasus straight from the monster cohorts list, it matches my character's outlook nicely and would make for interesting travel. As for my followers, I was thinking of them mostly being servants and clansmen who follow me.

As long as your servants benefit all party members as mentioned above, I have no issue. I feel I've answered my feelings about lone mounts for lone party members. How would your servants follow you while you're flying?

rat_bastard wrote:
I was going for the chaotic/freedom loving versus the totalitarian/fascist outlook of Cheliax rather than just good versus evil.

Again, I feel I don't have any reservations for party members to side either way, just remember not all party members are going to have the same outlook and those feelings might interfere with game play. Justify your feelings in character.

rat_bastard wrote:
My Concept is a Wizard(Conjurer)/Cleric (Desna)/Mystic Theurge who is a wandering traveler/trader who lives out of a tent and lives for freedom and the betterment of the good people of Varsia.
I don't have any problem with your character concept, though justify how a traveler/trader would have servants...initiates maybe, but to me initiates seem like it's sidestepping the combatant side of things. Paint me a full picture so I can envision it.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:54 am

Useful links for the game:

Bigassed Map of Varisia
Pathfinderwiki entry on Varisia
Pathfinderwiki on the Varisian people
Entry on the Shoanti, the barbarian horde that lives in the north east corner of Varisia
Korvosa, Cheliax's slice of Varisia
Magnimar, a city state founded by Cheliax dissenters
Riddleport, a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 pm

I should have my full character description up by the end of the day.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next