View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

campaing cancelled, please ignore thread 

Post campaing cancelled, please ignore thread
, MAJOR UPDATE: I'm no longer restricting you to a specific class! Yay!

It will most likely be played on Thursdays, from 7 to 11 EST.

In a world without Gods and where only those born with sorcerous blood coursing through their veins can use magic, a tyrannical nation was recently overthrown, its citizens liberated. However, like rats fleeing from a sinking ship, a few members of the ruling class did manage to escape the slaughtering of their brethren at the hands of their righteous enemy...you are one of them.

You are all young Sorcerers (not SRD, see below), displaced from your homes by this incident. After roaming the land for a while, you eventually met each other by chance in a small, sleepy hamlet.

-Start out at level 6
-Point-buy system for abilities, 32 points
-Take max rolls for hit points
-This will be an all-evil campaign. Your character MUST be evil (although small concessions will have to be made for playability, namely 1) Don't be a dick to the other PCs and 2) Don't attack or backstab the other PCs. Basically, they're your allies, your comrades, so you should treat them well).
-2 traits
-16 000 gp (the recommended starting gold for a character of your level) to spend on equipment any way you want

In this setting, magic works rather differently than in the standard setting. This affects the available classes and their abilities, as described below:

The only people in the world capable of using any kind of magic are known as Sorcerers. They are capable of drawing raw magical energy upon themselves from the aether and intuitively shaping it to create a desired effect. Depending on the direction of their focus, they can develop their abilities in one of the following ways:
--Some choose to focus all their efforts into mastering their magical abilities These become what most people think of when they hear the word "Sorcerer": masters of magic. They are the True Sorcerers They can cast any spell from the Cleric, Druid and Wizard spell lists without needing to learn or prepare them (although they do need to be of a sufficient level). (Uses the Sorcerer stats as a base, without all the bloodline-related spells and powers.)
--Some decide to split their efforts between martial and magical studies. Basically, they sacrifice some of their spellcasting progression (spellcasting abilities as the True Sorcerer above but that only go up every two levels) in exchange for class abilities (Bards, Rangers and anti-paladin)
--Some ignore their magical gifts altogether and focus on their martial abilities. They receive no spellcasting abilities. (Barbarians, Fighters, Monks and Rogues).

Instead of having a set limit on the number of spells they can cast per day, using magic causes a loss of "stamina"; technically, this is special nonlethal damage that cannot be removed with magic but heals fully after 8 hours of rest. Otherwise, it is added and treated just like any other nonlethal damage. Each casting of a spell causes a loss of stamina equal to the spell's level, with reductions by 1 at caster levels 5, 9, 13 and 17.

Spellcasting is based on your Int, Wis or Cha, whichever is highest.

All those with sorcerous blood running through their veins, regardless of their devotion to the magical arts, can use spell trigger and spell completion items as a True Sorcerer of their character level. Additionally, spellcasting has no components, except for costly material components and foci.

Those interested, please send me an email at hazard1 -at- live -dot - ca (please note the CA, as it is easy to overlook)

Last edited by Hazard on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 am, edited 13 times in total.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 am

Post Re: homebrew Pathfinder - Rise of the Peasants (recruiting)
Interested. Thursday is ok but Mon or Wed would be better.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:08 am

Post Re: homebrew Pathfinder (recruiting)
Just bumping it since I completely rewrote the original post for another proposed campaign. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:25 pm

So, let me get this straight, it's an evil, caster only campaign?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:36 am

Basically, yes. Also, I changed it to start out at level 6 rather than 1 so it'll be very magic-heavy (at least on the PC side f things).

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:53 pm

I could go for that but the day would have to be changed, would that be possible?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 pm