View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

3.5 Eberron Game Recruiting - Saturday Nights Pacific 

Post 3.5 Eberron Game Recruiting - Saturday Nights Pacific
EDIT: Recruiting currently closed.

I am the DM of a mid/low-level D&D 3.5 game taking place on the OpenRPG Dev II server on Saturday nights at 7 PM Pacific, going until usually between 9 and 10 PM Pacific. And my group is looking to recruit some new members!

The game is set in the Demon Wastes of Eberron and is intended to be a sandbox. New characters will start at 4th-level (6,000 XP) with standard wealth (5,400 GP), and must have a reason for going to the Demon Wastes (seeking money works just fine). Characters are made with the 32-point-buy method. No Evil characters, no Flaws.

Books allowed: Core (Player’s Handbook, Dungeon Master’s Guide, Monster Manual 1), Eberron Campaign Setting (the CS book alone, none of the Eberron supplements) and certain Variants from Unearthed Arcana/SRD’s UA section. If you want something from UA, ask me first, as not everything is allowed.
Other than those, you can pick any two books from the following list. You don’t have to pick both immediately or ever, if you just want to stay Core. If you pick one and find later you would prefer a different book, we can eliminate/replace the material you used.

Player's Handbook
    Player's Handbook 2
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Arcane
    Planar Handbook
    Races of the Dragon
    Dragon Magic
    Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords
    Tome of Magic
    Magic of Incarnum
    Stormwrack
    Unearthed Arcana

Eberron Campaign Setting

Dungeon Master's Guide
    Monster Manual 1, 2 and 4
    Draconomicon
    Libris Mortis
    Fiendish Codex 1 and 2
    Fiend Folio
    Exemplars of Evil
    Elder Evils

Several products by EN Publishing – ask if there’s something from them you want to use

The group currently consists of a Human Beguiler, a Human Cleric of Dol Dorn and a Warforged Technologist (similar to the Artificer class, from ENP’s Fantastic Science).

The party is basically doing odd jobs, trying to explore the Wastes and make their fortune. They haven’t had much luck so far, as the Demon Wastes are a harsh place.

A note: some encounters may very well be too hard to handle. This is a sandbox, after all. Sometimes the best option is to run away.

If you are interested in joining, please post here, PM me or join our room on the Dev II Server during game time. We are usually on OpenRPG Dev II (Blackstar is our backup server, when Dev II is down). Pay attention to the lobby first. If we’re not there, look for “3.5 Eberron: Jaws of the Demon Wastes”. And when in the Game Room, please keep chat to Whisper until after the game. :)
And DO NOT just post/PM your e-mail address. I WILL NOT chase down players. I posted this so interested players would come to me.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 pm