View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 "The One Ring" 

Post Re: "The One Ring"
Garlic and chilli cakes!!! *drool*

Sounds good. Hmmmm. Tempted to try and run, but I really don't have much time to do it right, certainly not with MapTool. (got a toddler and a baby at home!)

I'm West Coast US, so ... -7 GMT currently. I'm working most weekdays, but could swing week nights, those might be best as Saturdays are tough for me and Sundays are out for max. I guess I'd vote for some weeknight no earlier than 12AM GMT / 8PM ET / 5PM PT to whenever. A Saturday afternoon PT might work out, in a pinch, every other week or something.

Perhaps we could do a rotating GM thing, dunno. I really do want to run TOR sometime, but I'm aiming to house rule a bunch of stuff on magic and non-human races, and I don't have that stuff down yet.

Cheers

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:32 am

Traipse/OpenRPG is what I was thinking we'd use for the game.

Saturday afternoons might be okay, but Lando and Daddystabs are in a MERP game on Saturday evenings, so we'd have limited time, even assuming they could both make it in that time slot in the first place.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 am

Unfortunately for me, my free time is more limited due to graduate studies and my life at the moment. I actually dropped out of 4 rpgs during the week due to my class schedule. I have limited time on weekends to manage my homework and family life, plus I run 2 rpgs of my own. So Sundays or biweekly Saturdays are about the only options I have.

I might have to miss a game due to school/studying from time to time too. I'm on EST myself, so I can't do anything beyond like 11 / midnight on those days as I need sleep too. So biweekly Sat I could do like a late afternoon/early evening game (prior to my game) or Sunday possibly an afternoon or evening game.

This may of course prevent me from playing and if so that's understandable. Go with the majority for the game day/schedule.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:40 pm
Profile YIM

depending on getting the rules, I may be able to simply switch that MERP game with Lando to the one ring style. I haven't seen it yet, but I would be game if Lando and the rest of you are...hell we have played together for a while.

Just need the new rules and if we could plesae, start at lvl 3, we have all earned that level with the spiders, wargs, orcs, ect we have dealt with already.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:34 pm

I ordered the actual printed rules from my FLGS since I watched the "unboxing" video from the youtube series. Looks well done and I'm glad to see they're going to expand the material with supplements and several other sets.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 pm
Profile YIM

having read over the player guide, its looks ok. if it is alright with lando, i say we can switch it up, though would rather keep our lvl 3 standing.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 pm

debo11 wrote:
having read over the player guide, its looks ok. if it is alright with lando, i say we can switch it up, though would rather keep our lvl 3 standing.

Well this isn't about my game, it's about actually playing a game run by Max I think in this new setting. I'd have to see how it plays before I try converting my game since mine has a lot of material not converted or done for this new game.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:44 am
Profile YIM

Be better to mesh in a game time we all can make already, but if another gm is running it, sure I am still game for it.

Open everyday, save for tuesdays, past 7 pm est....think thats like -5 or 6 gmt. Sundays fully open. Saturdays, as stabbz has mentioned are busy.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:26 am

The One Ring is the best overall Middle Earth RPG ever made imo. I play it Tuesday nights with a face-to-face group and nothing captures the essence and feel of Middle Earth the way this game does. Concepts like Heart, Shadow, Fellowship, Weary, Miserable, etc. are built right into the mechanics to emulate Tolkien's themes. This gives the game an authenticity not available in previous Middle Earth games.

You can check out part 1 of my YouTube 5 part overview/review here: http://www.youtube.com/user/daddystabz?feature=mhee#p/u/10/8oqkNQ9Epjg

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:01 am

@debo

I don't think that you could convert MERP characters into this system. For instance, there are *no* player character wizards. The system doesn't use levels. Equipment and wealth is handled very differently too, and the abilities of elves and dwarves are a lot different - the transition from one system to the other would cause such drastic changes to the characters I don't think it would be worth even trying. And Lando's game is fourth age, with access to many more races/people than available in the one ring so far.

As far as times for games, Saturday's (before Landos game) have been suggested - so I guess that would be around 8 or 9 GMT start. Any other suggestions? Thursday around the same time good for anyone?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next