View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 "The One Ring" 

Post Re: "The One Ring"
You cannot do 4th age with the game. It does not support it. You only have Beornings, Bardings, Hobbits, Wild Men, and Elves of Mirkwood for your cultures. Your map is a VERY important part of the game and the map only covers the Wilderland area. The mechanics play into all this.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:48 am

I don't have loremaster book yet stabbz, its just brain storming. If you want to dm it, then you are more than welcome. That is just what I would do if I am going to dm it.

From what I have read over the adventurer's handbook, there is not much that I really want to change. I like the mechanics and such, the places will still be used, only the threat would be different based on the 4th age. All the races/cultures will still be there working as they are in the handbook, just different time and a change up on whoever is running a certain place.

For example, you have been adventuring and this is your third time out. You recovered some sort of dark object or something. After the fellowship phase and rest you get word that this item needs to be sent to Rivendale, where knowledge is kept to destroy it. Thus you gather at Dale and head out. You fight a few golbins here and there, meet some people but in the end, you find the hidden pass to Rivendale and the steward opens up the library of Elrond and you find your knowledge and destroy said item. It is close to winter, so you stay in Rivendale and do your fellowship phase ending the adventure. Then you are off again through the misty mountians, but come across a wounded ranger that has a quest for you......

That of course would be several sessions but it is pretty much how I invision running the game as DM. Its not a big change that is 3rd or 4th age, I just dont want to be fighting the witch king or sauron...aka old foes already defeated in our minds. But then again, after reading the loremaster book, I might follow the campaign as it is set up. I won't set on anything til we of course meet and see what everyone wants to do overall.

I am looking at a meeting with interested parties, Thursday, 8:30 pm est time ((AUGUST 31)) Blackstar. Please be halfway punctual for this since we will be discussing the game setup and such. If we can get something together we may start as early as next week if all goes well.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:33 pm

I will try to make it Thursday and can run everyone through character creation if you want.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 am

sounds good, since it is a new system, we will all need some help. Should have the loremaster book by tomorrow so we will be ready by then. Got the maps and everything else though and have read up on the system on the adventurers side.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

I just noticed something....you said Thursday Aug 31st for the meeting. The problem is that Thursday is actually Sept 1st. So which is it?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:17 am

sept 1st I am bad with dates. I still am waiting for the loremaster book, so as soon as I can get that we are good to go. Really just want to see how much interest and get some prestuff out of the way.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Are you still recruiting?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:20 pm

I have a new "refurbished" monitor so I can use my other pc more now and definitely play hopefully. I'll be happy to meet tonight after class, I'll be home around 8 pm EST.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:40 pm
Profile YIM

For anyone interested, we will be recruiting and building characters tonight, Thursday September 1st at 8:30 est. Anyone interested is welcome will be on Blackstar server.

Will be hashing out details of the game and other such things as time and server to play on.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:49 pm

I was interested in coming by, seeing when you were deciding on the game being, and joining if it works out with my schedule. Problem is now Amazon.com is telling me that instead of the 9/2/11 delivery of my copy (when I ordered 2 days ago) it may be anywhere from 1 to 3 months before I get it. (wtf is that about?!?!) :evil:

So I have no way of reading up on it (honestly having ordered the physical copy for $38 I really don't want to pay $30 for the pdf...that is asking too much) and thus would be useless in trying to get into the game... :cry:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next