View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 "The One Ring" 

Post Re: "The One Ring"
You could easily create fan-made expansions to the game to cover other cultures and things appropriate to other ages of Middle Earth. I have downloaded a guide on how to do this and it is pretty easy. You could for instance make Numenoreans, Black Numenoreans, Easterlings, etc.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:00 am

Well they mentioned on the site/videos they're doing 3 full supplements for the different parts of the Third Age and some other support material. So I assume you could eventually use whatever.

I could only play on Sat before my game evey other week as I play in a f2f D&D soon to be Pathfinder game on the other Sat from 1-6 pm EST. So really Sundays are my best day at the moment with school and such. Again, if my schedule doesn't work for the majority, I'll just stop by and lurk sometime.

I'm actually hoping to start a game f2f so I can get the mechanics down better etc.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:37 pm
Profile YIM

i dont think the fanmade version is the way to go. I understand they are just doing that central north of midde earth with this edition, and are planning for the southern and eastern ones later since it is suppose to be part of the overall story of the game itself.

Anyways, just set a time and lets get up since from what I have read, other than a small sort of outline on a character, most of your character is made in the first session when the group meets each other.

For my guy, probably an elf or wildman. Slayer or warden. Kinda want the fighting roll in this one.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Sadly sundays are my worst days. Whilst I could play on a sunday, I'd not be able to GM. I'm cool with someone else gming tho if sundays are the best option.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Let me read over the loremaster book and see if the mood hits me. If so I would probably dm the game on sundays around 7pm est til around 11 pm est. If yall are interested that is.

Yall will have to excuse my mistakes for the first few sessions seeing that I would be learning like you all. But once I get everhtying down, it will be a good time had by all.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I think some of you misunderstood my point about fan-made stuff. What I was getting at is even when all three sets are released this game will only cover the third age. Set #1 covers 5 years after the events in the Hobbit. Set 2 (The Errantries of the King) covers around 70 years later and focuses on the life/adventures of Aragorn, expanding the regions of Middle Earth and cultures accordingly, including the Dunédain. Set #3 will cover the War of the Ring.

If you wanted to use these rules to play other ages of Middle Earth and cultures you will have to do so using fan-made supplements. I have read that the MERP people from Other Minds are already working on some of this so you can play first and second age stuff. Some people like to play stuff right out of the Silmarillion so that would be your only option with this game, given the license.

The other supplements they have mentioned are a GM screen that will include info about Laketown, some adventure supplements, and a darkening of Mirkwood campaign.

I was part of the playtest for the game and I have the rules down very well and currently play in a face-to-face group so I can help answer any questions you may have. I am getting ready to go play tonight in a little over an hour, as a matter of fact, lol.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

well then I vote Stabbz to gm the one ring on sundays or thur evenings est time, think its later for you Max.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 pm

debo11 wrote:
well then I vote Stabbz to gm the one ring on sundays or thur evenings est time, think its later for you Max.

I *might* could do Thurs after 8:30 pm EST til about midnight or so assuming I don't have anything drastic school wise to do (but that's what the weekend is for.. lol)... or Sunday evenings is open too.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:58 am
Profile YIM

Question: would this be an IC chat game, or full voice chat game?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:32 am

it will be done through openrpg chat, but it might be voice chat as well. Depends on what we decided or the gm that sticks with it decides.

As for if I am going to gm, I will need to read up the loremaster, but it will definately be post war of the rings. 4th age, and centered in the central area of middle earth where the material is based set in. Just won't have Sauron or the One ring, but as expected there are other things of concern such as orcs, dragons, and the likes. Just cause Sauron is gone, doesn't mean there will be peace. I haven't fully outlined it yet, but that is pretty much the overview, unless stabbz wants to gm and he can run it during the time of the material and what not. Don't get me wrong, the material will be the same, just set after the war of the ring, meaning all the book stuff will be used, like...

Meeting as a fellowship
Finding out the true enemy that is starting to rise (shadow stuff)
Skills/weapons/armor/ect that is in the books.
just upping the timeline.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next