View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 "The One Ring" 

Post Re: "The One Ring"
still come I am sure we can work something out, we are going to need to hash out a node anyways for character sheets.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Just meet in the Blackstar lobby tonight?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:06 pm

there will be a room....One ring something that will be there

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm going to try to be there for sure to aid in character creation. I might be a tad late but I will be there. 9pm eastern would be the latest I should arrive.

In the meantime I'd like to recommend a character creation cheat sheet of sorts that will aid you all somewhat in building characters. It is a spreadsheet that aids in character creation. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mf5zz7ku8z9nd2n

If you all will please PM me your e-mail addresses, I will invite you to my Dropbox folder that is filled full of game aids for TOR you might like, including a fillable PDF character sheet.

Also, will you be using Skype tonight to voice chat? I'd highly recommend it for ease of doing things.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Well me and debo are on Blackstar. I got my Skype turned on and you got my email/contact info already. I'm on Dropbox too if you recall.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:44 am
Profile YIM

My daughter is sick and I won't be on. Have fun guys!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:38 am

we will be running our first session next week. 9/8/11

Thursdays at 9pm est on blackstar, onering room.

If you neeed any information pm myself or daddystabbz and we can help you get a character and what not done.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Chargen really is very easy once you know the steps and what you are doing.....after the character creation session last night I made up a second character just for chuckles, a Hobbit Treasure-Hunter....didn't take long at all.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Hmm for some reason I stopped getting my notification emails when this thread was updated, missed the meeting.

I'll try and make it for the first game, but that's 2am my time, so I'm not sure. Did anyone knock up a character node?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:15 pm

I was just talking to Xhaos earlier and he was mentioning to me about calculating character damage on the character sheet during character creation.

I got thinking about it and I wanted to clarify something to you all in case some of you might have done it incorrectly when you made your toons.

Your Damage Bonus is equal to your normal Body score. You get this as an extra bonus in addition to the Endurance dmg your weapon does when you hit and roll a Great Success (1 Tengwar), and you get it twice over when you hit and roll an Extraordinary Success (2 Tengwars).

When you record your Damage bonus you write it in the Damage box on your character sheet. If your Ranged damage is different than your melee damage you record that number in the smaller Ranged dmg box.

If you have a Favoured Weapon skill you DO NOT automatically get the Favoured Body score as your dmg with that weapon. You must spend a point of Hope to get it, just like any attribute bonus or Favoured attribute bonus in the game.

This last part I think Xhaos might have been confused about and I wanted to make sure I clarified it here. I had just thought of it and cleared it up in my head and thought I'd better make sure.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next